WR Monte Harrison

Nexus

If I was even offered a 100k job my senior year of high school I would have taken it in 1 second. Let alone getting paid way more than that to play a sport - I'm sorry but I have cut Monte off a long time ago...If he somehow decides to come here than I will be ecstatic

$100K doesn't really go that far, especially after taxes.

• Fire 1

If I was even offered a 100k job my senior year of high school I would have taken it in 1 second. Let alone getting paid way more than that to play a sport - I'm sorry but I have cut Monte off a long time ago...If he somehow decides to come here than I will be ecstatic

I understand what you are saying, but it probably also wasn't possible for you to make A LOT more money in the future by deciding to go to college instead. Yes, I know, the risk is high, but it's been done before.

I'm with Ern. IF Monte truly was focused on football, he would've been a 5 star and would've had his pick of the litter as to where he wanted to go. Didn't he go to a camp or two then focus on baseball again?

That said, if Monte came here for football and baseball, I'd cream myself. He is THE BEST prospect out of this entire class and would've been a 5 star if not for baseball. He is THAT talented.

In the end, I doubt he comes here. I'd say 95% chance he is gone.

I'm with Ern. IF Monte truly was focused on football, he would've been a 5 star and would've had his pick of the litter as to where he wanted to go. Didn't he go to a camp or two then focus on baseball again?

That said, if Monte came here for football and baseball, I'd cream myself. He is THE BEST prospect out of this entire class and would've been a 5 star if not for baseball. He is THAT talented.

guess kids just cant be kids when "big time" sports are involved. dont see why he cant enjoy being a three sport star in high school. he already knows he'll have to pick one or the other in a short few months. and that cant be an enjoyable experience having to give up something you enjoy.

guess kids just cant be kids when "big time" sports are involved. dont see why he cant enjoy being a three sport star in high school. he already knows he'll have to pick one or the other in a short few months. and that cant be an enjoyable experience having to give up something you enjoy.

He could always go the Bo Jackson route.

My cousin played in the Twins farm system. Sorry, you are not going to make anywhere close to $100,000 in the minors. This is all about a signing bonus.
And it's all about getting his clock started on their next contract. The one which they have more control over. Oh and a huge payday. Similar to the contract Alex Gordon signed a couple years ago. A kid out of HS will be getting, provided he is good, his second contract at the same age Alex got his first after 4 years if college ball of roughly in that time frame.
My cousin played in the Twins farm system. Sorry, you are not going to make anywhere close to $100,000 in the minors. This is all about a signing bonus.
And it's all about getting his clock started on their next contract. The one which they have more control over.

He needs to get enough money to cover for a couple years before that Major league contract comes. Average annual wages in the minors is $25K .

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...