TE Kevin Dillman

Nexus

He made no mention of us randomly pulling the offer. And he said "MUCH LIKE my varsity eligibility......" meaning to me, it sounds like more eligibility issues. Poor guy. This whole process for him has been a total sh#t show all because of some undotted i's on the paperwork for kriest's sake.

Good point -- it could be eligibility. I think that's what we all hope.

Otherwise, it would be very inconsistent with what we've seen out of Nebraska under Riley so far.

Going to be a bad look for the OWH with this headline if it turns out to be just eligibility: Huskers apparently pull scholarship offer for QB commit Kevin Dillman

• Fire 1

Based on how well Riley has done thus far as the HC and on the recruiting trail, I am going to err on his side for the time being.

There is no reason why he or one of the other coaches would have called him last week to say they want him at H back just to turn around this week and pull the scholarship. There is clearly more to the story.

• Fire 2

OH MAN! NOW WE ARE GOING TO HAVE THE 31st RANKED RECRUITING CLASS AGAIN!?!?!?!

Not sure if this post was facetious, but signing classes are ranked by Rivals based not only on the number of 5, 4 and 3 star commits, but also on the number of commits. I don't pretend to understand exactly how Rivals arrives at its rankings. For example:

Wisconsin is currently ranked #26 with 1470 points. They have 24 commits and an average Star rating of 2.83

Nebraska is currently ranked #30 with 1420 points. We have 15 commits and an average Star rating of 3.33.

I talked with a former Oklahoma player last week James Haynes. He said a large majority of Oklahoma players couldn't spell "door" and this happens to Kevin?! There had better be a d*** good explanation for this because this kid deserves much better than a great university pulling a scholarship long after this kid stopped his recruitment. Don't tell me it's because of eligibility because the administration waited up until a month before he enrolled to pull this garbage?

TOTAL LACK OF INTEGRITY BY NEBRASKA.

I talked with a former Oklahoma player last week James Haynes. He said a large majority of Oklahoma players couldn't spell "door" and this happens to Kevin?! There had better be a d*** good explanation for this because this kid deserves much better than a great university pulling a scholarship long after this kid stopped his recruitment. Don't tell me it's because of eligibility because the administration waited up until a month before he enrolled to pull this garbage?

UNL isn't just going to change it's admission standards because Dillman's a football recruit. Sorry. He seems like a great kid, and hopefully if it is an eligibility concern he can latch on at a Community College (Iowa Western?) for a year or two and get everything squared away before coming to Nebraska or anywhere else he wants to go.

Wait...if it is that he is missing some core classes that he needs to gain admission and if NU told him that and that they could not let him in because he has not meet the admission standards...isn't that in face, total integrity?

Or...would you rather have NU "bend the rules"