Nebraska Junior day

Regarding Paulsen, here's the North Platte Telegraph article talking about him.

NP Telegraph - Jake Paulsen

The running back rushed for 1,393 yards on 199 carries and scored 19 rushing touchdowns. He scored 24 touchdowns on the season, three coming on kickoff returns.

Paulsen, who also plays basketball for the Haymakers, said he has received college offers, but his heart is set on one place.

"Nebraska," Paulsen said. "I want to go to Nebraska and right now I'm leaning towards playing football."

Paulsen listed Arkansas as another university who has offered him a scholarship, but he wants nothing to do with the Razorbacks, despite the school being in the Southeastern Conference.

"It's Nebraska," he said. "I love Nebraska, I want to play for Nebraska and I want to play football for Nebraska.

"I love track too. But football is my game. I want to be a Husker."

This year it is imperative that we own the surrounding 500 mile area. We could honestly fill all of the spots with those guys and have a top 15 class with ease.

I was going to say that there is a ton of in state 2014 talent. I think we could get 5 in state kids next cycle; Foster, Cotton, Rose, Paulsen, and Fisher are all very good players.

What do you think of a kid like this?

Jake Paulsen

I don't have his 2012 stats but he was the North Platte paper's player of the year.

Last year he won the class B 100 M with 10.877.

He won high jump with 6'7"

He got second in the 200 M with 21.988.

I don't believe those are his personal bests.

We used to have a steady stream of Huskers out of Cozad. Perhaps we can get another one.

What do you think of a kid like this?

Jake Paulsen

I don't have his 2012 stats but he was the North Platte paper's player of the year.

Last year he won the class B 100 M with 10.877.

He won high jump with 6'7"

He got second in the 200 M with 21.988.

I don't believe those are his personal bests.

I think if this kid doesn't get a Nebraska offer it is only because of his size. I realize the competition is not great but the kid is solid. Fast, tough, great vision, great change of direction, great stiff arm, great ball security. I just don't know where we would offer him. I don't see us offering as a RB or CB due to the size of players we have been offering at those positions. I wonder if the staff would consider offering him as a slot WR. Maybe they hold back an offer and hope to get him to walk on, but I would hate to see him go somewhere else. I would be shocked if he doesn't end up with some quality D-1 offers, and maybe some from BCS schools. I know i shouldn't even mention the name, cause Danny Woodhead was a beast, but I don't want to see us let another great instate kid like that slip away.

This year it is imperative that we own the surrounding 500 mile area. We could honestly fill all of the spots with those guys and have a top 15 class with ease.

I agree, it is a special year for recruiting throughout our immediate surroundings, however, I think it is important for the coaches too continue to pursue talent in Florida, Texas, and California....Most years, that is where we will make our hay....

----Also, how did Calvin Strong do? Was looking too find out more on this guys potential (I live out of state)....