Combine

Here's one that I laughed pretty hard at:

Tyrann Mathieu - 4 reps on bench

:lol:

He thought they said he'd being doing Hits, not Reps. So Honeybadger been practicing a different activity.

Honey Badger wont amount to much in the NFL

Probably not. He might make a roster playing special teams though. The guy does have a nose for the ball. Or at least he did two years ago.

Stafford today ran one of the slowest 40-yard dashes of all Safeties at the combine at 4.69

Also had the worst vertical at 30.5 inches. 2 and a half inches less than the next highest vertical.

And the worst broad jump at 111 inches. 6 inches less than the next best.

On the other hand, he had one of the better bench performances - 21 reps.

I guess I expected him to be faster and more explosive. These are some pretty poor numbers, and I'd say there's not much of a chance of him getting drafted.

Not trying to run down the guys but I bet PJ Smith would have similarly low numbers. Our safeties just were not very athletic. Hopefully that will improve - and quickly.

He thought they said he'd being doing Hits, not Reps. So Honeybadger been practicing a different activity.

I agree, this guy looks like a project that has the give a damn busted and character problems. If I were a team I would not risk Millions on him, I think being a very late round pick (if any) is what he is worth at this time. Some team may get lucky but I go with past performance being an indicator of future performance. Not sure how 4 reps stacks up against others but perhaps it indicates a lack of focus and discipline.

I agree, this guy looks like a project that has the give a damn busted and character problems. If I were a team I would not risk Millions on him, I think being a very late round pick (if any) is what he is worth at this time. Some team may get lucky but I go with past performance being an indicator of future performance. Not sure how 4 reps stacks up against others but perhaps it indicates a lack of focus and discipline.

In my opinion he was a good special teams player, but a very average corner. he got whipped up and down the field all game long against Alabama. plus being out for a year and not playing is going to make it very hard for him to get back into the swing of the game, especially since the NFL game speed is so fast

Stafford has a better shot of playing LB in the NFL rather than a safety. Compare his numbers at the combine alongside the LBs. He did pretty well. Maybe that is what he is aiming for in the NFL, rather than safety. David is doing alright in the NFL, why can't Stafford?

Stafford today ran one of the slowest 40-yard dashes of all Safeties at the combine at 4.69

Also had the worst vertical at 30.5 inches. 2 and a half inches less than the next highest vertical.

I guess I expected him to be faster and more explosive. These are some pretty poor numbers, and I'd say there's not much of a chance of him getting drafted.

he was also 221 pounds and nebraska listed him at 205 maybe he was out of shape or just put on to much weight during the offseason

I thought he looked heavy at the CCG. As someone mentioned, that game won't help his chances.

This gives me hope and fear. I have hope because the blowouts performances this year may have been caused by a very slow defense that will be much faster next year. I have fear because if Bo had faster players on the bench why didn't they play? I fear the fast players may be on the bench again next year.

Stafford has a better shot of playing LB in the NFL rather than a safety. Compare his numbers at the combine alongside the LBs. He did pretty well. Maybe that is what he is aiming for in the NFL, rather than safety. David is doing alright in the NFL, why can't Stafford?

I wondered all year why Bo didn't move Stafford to LB. It seems we lacked speed at LB but had an abundance of DBs with size and speed.

David has one hell of a nose for the football, Idk if you can say the same for Stafford

• 2 weeks later...

71QzL7ul.jpg

Former Huskers try to impress on 'suit and tie' day

18 hours ago • By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON / Lincoln Journal star

And when it came to position drills -- the only other drill Burkhead did Thursday -- he looked quick on the familiar Hawks Championship Center practice surface, displaying good hands as scouts worked him out as a slot receiver and punt returner.

"I definitely did what I wanted to do,” Burkhead said.

Burkhead was having such a good time he had to fight the urge to participate in other drills, even though he posted high marks in those drills at the combine.

LINK

Nice little LJS article about pro day and the combine. I like that pic of Rex. Dude got some guns.