Spring Practice Updates

Well... my insider can kick your insider's ass. Also, Hedley, how can you say Braylon Heard gave it his all with only 50 carries? If you have insider information, you do know he wasn't 100% for a good portion of those right? Maybe giving his all partially injured, but I don't think a single one of us have seen Braylon give it his all, healthy. I am a fan of Braylon before he decided to transfer, and I wish him the best. He was a natural, and ran very well, but I can't say that he is better than Ameer, nor Cross. We put Braylon in mostly in the 3rd and 4th, when the Defense was tired out, thanks to Ameer. Ameer has and will continue to give it all. If Braylon would have stayed, I am sure we could eventually say the same about him.

And back to the topic......has anybody heard of any incoming freshman that has really impressed so far? Kinda like how Imani came in and shocked everybody with his strength?

Courtney Love, David Knevel and DJ Singleton have all impressed the coaches. I think Knevel has impressed the most, with Love right behind him. Love with be a beast for us.

All the reasons u say why you don't agree prove my point.

1. Wasn't going to see the field bc ameer is much better.

2. Didn't like his role, well then beat out the guy in front of u.

3. In division 1 football at top programs you earn your fair shake. Ameer beat out a five star Green and Heard was a top 100 recruit. He earned his "fair shake".

If he wanted to be here he still would be. He quit.

Do you know what Heard was told by coaches regarding how much he would play etc? I'm gonna guess and say you do not. Braylon felt like he got the shaft because he never got the carries he should have. Ameer was beat up as the season progressed and we still rode him to death. Braylon should have got carries and didn't. It is too bad for all parties involved it worked out this way.

Couldn't you have said the same thing but switch Rex for Ameer? Why didn't Ameer quit?

I read on twitter couple days ago that up to 9-10 Frosh's and Soph's were running with the 1's on D

So pretty much everybody except for Ciante and either SJB or Josh Mitchell. I can believe it. I also expect some growing pains, but at least we will be athletic on D again finally.

I know the BTN guys will be at practice today. Anyone know if they will be airing anything?

That is cool. Thank you for sharing that info. I would much rather read posts like this than people arguing back and forth about complete nonsense.

I'd rather read posts that have an "answer" to the question he asked........

:cheers

edit: didn't realize I WAS on post #666. No wonder the board has been messed up, sorry my bad!

I know the BTN guys will be at practice today. Anyone know if they will be airing anything?

That is cool. Thank you for sharing that info. I would much rather read posts like this than people arguing back and forth about complete nonsense.

edit: didn't realize I WAS on post #666. No wonder the board has been messed up, sorry my bad!

Well, I know the answer now. It will be shown Monday for their football show...I don't remember the name of the show.

Well, I know the answer now. It will be shown Monday for their football show...I don't remember the name of the show.

Big Ten Football Report

Coaching and teaching has helped me figure this out. What I say to a player is usually NOT what they hear, they hear a version of what I said. They either hear a version that they like more or that they dislike more.

1. "Coach said if I work hard that I will get more carries! Sweet, this is my year!"

2. "Coach said if I work hard I will get more carries, forget that, I already work hard, he is not giving me a fair shot"

3. Coach told me I was going to get to carry the ball a lot this game and instead decided not to play me. This happened last week too. How can I trust my coach? How do I know what he is saying is true?

We all know Braylon isn't Einstein from all accounts. Is it really best to jerk him around from RB to CB to RB to RB and WR? Holy cow talk about wasting an athlete.

Heard got to a point he felt like he was being fed BS. He gave it his all while here and that is all we can ask of a kid. Best of luck to him regardless of where he goes.

There was actually not a 3rd example, just the two.

I can tell you this, I have NEVER heard a coach say to a player "You WILL get carries this week" Never, I have NEVER heard that from a coach to a player. It probably went like this

"We are looking to get you a lot of carries this week, so be ready to go, if things go well, you are going to get 15 carries"

What you are saying is what the kid said to you or to his friends, you are not telling us what the coach said. There is usually a difference, that is all I am saying. You could be 100% right, I don't know, I really don't care. Not trying to start a posting fight, just adding my my coaching two cents

Brown got himself into trouble with Green too and has a history of encouraging players in a way that they often do believe they are going to get more reps in a game. In the case of green he'd say he'd get more reps this coming week as we think this is the game plan that would work and then either Beck would change the game plan or not call the packages set for Green or tell Brown to keep the hot back in.

You know as well as I know with coaching and working with kids its dangerous to get their hopes up when its out of your control. I once had a boss tell me he was expecting to get me a big raise and had put in for about a $200 per week increase. It wasn't his call to make and I got a $.50 per hour raise from the corporate HR. I was pissed and quit because I felt like I wasn't valued at the level my boss had artificially created. If he would have waited and gave me the review and then the raise and not told me about the other, I would have been happy. He could have added I wish it were more or I think you're worth more but that's a good increase still, etc. I would have worked there another 4-5 years probably.