Please Define Homosexual Lifestyle

Exactly. There is absolutely nothing different other than this. Honestly, I can not figure out why people get freaked out about gay people. I will guarantee you that there are freakier things that some straight people do than what most gay people do in the bed room. And, why do we even care what people do in the bed room? It shouldn't affect their lives in any other area. The only reason why it does is because of ignorant people who think they have all the answers.

Exactly.

billydeeclap.gif

• Fire 1

Exactly. There is absolutely nothing different other than this. Honestly, I can not figure out why people get freaked out about gay people. I will guarantee you that there are freakier things that some straight people do than what most gay people do in the bed room. And, why do we even care what people do in the bed room? It shouldn't affect their lives in any other area. The only reason why it does is because of ignorant people who think they have all the answers.

Exactly.

billydeeclap.gif

yeah-nailed-it1.gif

Exactly.

billydeeclap.gif

yeah-nailed-it1.gif

Kenny Bell is such a character! :lol:

• Fire 1

What is the Homosexual Lifestyle?

It's engaging in sexual activity or thought with members of the same sex. That's it.

+1

What is unclear is what determines a 'lifestyle' vs. a 'behavior' or an 'act'?

Semantics, usually. The word lifestyle generally expresses more of an accepted, consistent or habitual idea behind it. For example, if I think of someone engaging in a homosexual lifestyle I think of a content and practicing gay or lesbian, but if I think of someone engaging in a homosexual act, well that could be an isolated incident.

What is unclear is what determines a 'lifestyle' vs. a 'behavior' or an 'act'?

I suppose some would consider it a "lifestyle" if you kept "shoving it in everyone's face," or if demanding "special rights" or laws instead of keeping it to yourself, or if you insisted on redifining our sacred societal institutions. Or are those hallmarks of an "agenda" instead? It's hard to keep the silly arguments straight, so to speak.

Lifestyle is only used in the context of gay people by non-gay people who try to paint them into some completely odd/freak/demented group of people.

When you look at reality, there is nothing "lifestyle" about it. It is simply a sexual preference.

BINGO. That seems to sum things up quite well.

My friend Bob has dated much since his divorce. He's not gay, but not exactly an attractive catch, given the fact that he is over weight, bald and hasn't had a good paying job for 4 years.

He's not exactly living 'the heterosexual lifestyle' based on his current dating success.

Another friend, Mary, is in a similar situation, except she is seeking a same sex partner, with not much luck for all the same reasons that Bob suffers from.

She says she was born with an attraction to women and never had a crush on a boy in school or swooned over a Hollywood actor.

I am pretty sure that according to the bible, their sex lives are equal in the eyes of the lord. Likewise, there lifestyle's are quite similar and their sexual preferences seem to have almost no impact on their lifestyles.

Why does it matter, what the particular "lifestyle" of a person is? If it is not infringing or endangering the way you are living, why should you really care? People get so butthurt over issues that have no bearing on their day to day lives, which just baffles me sometimes.