Important Transfer Headed Our Way

Does Roger Craig have a son? Will Shields? Neil Smith?

Will Shields son is Savon Shields who is all conference on our basketball team.

did I miss something...or is your definition of "all conference" more along the lines of "I think he's kinda good"

He is a future all conference player. Ppl were shocked he was snubbed from major big 10 team/awards selection this season.

What's up with all these Offensive Lineman? We bring in 5 this fall... this guy transfers to make 6 and now we've offered a BUNCH of them for 2014. I realize we had Klackho/Moore transfer out, Whitaker went down with an ACL, and Thurston has not performed up to par... but I still feel like we have a TON of scholarship Offensive Linemen on our team. Do we really need like 10 new guys between 2013-2014? Anyone know why we are targeting soooo many O linemen lately?

My feelings are that we need a minimum of 5 every class. Now, that's a rule of thumb and some things transfers or injuries will cause you to take more or less in any given class.

Alex Lewis, OT from Pheonix, son of Bill Lewis. Played 2 seasons at Colorado.

Maybe Colorado's roster is way out of date....but 6'6" 250lbs, 2 years out of HS? Doesn't seem like an OT to me. He'll get steamrolled.

He's 6'6" 285. He played as a True Freshman and a Sophomore... will redshirt this season, which will make him a 3 to play 2.

http://www.cubuffs.c...TCLID=205239068

ok, he came out of HS at 250. So i'm wondering if he's about maxed out at 285. He's had 3 years to add weight. Not so sure about this one. He grayshirts, then transfers. He'll be like 30 by the time he finishes (little exaggeration...maybe 26?)

3rkqzt.jpg

• Fire 1

Except that would be six years. You know, like every other kid that redshirts and then gets a med red.

He just turned 21, he is young for his age. His last year of college football, he would play at 23 years old.

Aren't most offensive lineman upperclassmen before they start? This seems like a positive to me. That wouldn't fit your M.O. though.

Not Tyler Moore. Not eligible for 2013. D1 experience. Will redshirt and have two years to play. Dad was a monster football player.

Do you mean he was huge? Or played monster back? Because we had monster backs back in the 80s.

His dad was an All-American and played ten years of pro ball.

Bad information threw me off:

[Lewis's] father (Bill) played football at Nebraska and was the No. 191 overall pick by the Los Angeles Raiders in the 1986 NFL Draft and had a seven-year career, playing 71 games with the L.A. Raiders, Arizona and New England.

:D

I put a bunch of bickering in the Woodshed. Please leave personal stuff there, not in the regular forums. Everyone needs to just calm down. Here's a peaceful waterfall to help folks relax.

waterfall.gif

Dammit Knapp! Now I have to pee!

Alex Lewis, OT from Pheonix, son of Bill Lewis. Played 2 seasons at Colorado.

Lewis didn't get a NU offer in 2010. Is he a walk-on transfer or what?

holy crap - read the thread lazy

Double-checked the thread, but I cannot find if Lewis will be a walk-on or will receive a scholarship. Anyone know?

I put a bunch of bickering in the Woodshed. Please leave personal stuff there, not in the regular forums. Everyone needs to just calm down. Here's a peaceful waterfall to help folks relax.

I HATE WATERFALLS. :throw

HOW CAN YOU HATE WATERFALLS?!1?!!!11