When was the last off season that was this lackluster among fans

it's tooken recruiting 3-4 years to pick up some steam.

This sounds like a Lord of the Rings character name. "Tooken's feet were so hairy he put Bilbo to shame."

Tooken son of Thalionthonion.

I like to invent words guys. I was looking for a good mix between "taken" and "took". Hence, "tooken". Right? 17-chris-bosh-high-five-fail-gif.gif

• Fire 1

Number 1 pass defense is a bit misleading don't you think. The defense will be faster and more athletic next year. I hope Garrison is the man that gets this offensive line figured out....especially the penalties that seem to kill us at times. Joseph is a good coach just not sure about his ability to teach run support. Secondary play is not purely all about the passing game, I don't need to tell you that.

I believe you know a thing or two, and I've enjoyed talking to you personally when we've been able to. Good discussion. Have a great day.

I know this has been discussed about #1 pass defense numerous times that teams didnt pass on us because they could run it all day. But, going into the CapOne Bowl, it was said we had the #1 pass EFFICIENCY defense, and #1 pass compl. % defense. I dont really know how to confirm this, but, if true, that is legitimate, because those two categories literally have nothing to do with a run/pass ratio.

Edit

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/1045

This link shows Nebraska at #9 in passing efficiency defense for 2012 after 14 games. Obviously the CapOne Bowl hurt. But look at opponents compl %. 47.1%. That is a clear #1. And also look at Opp pass yard per att. Under 6. These two categories have nothing to do with a rushing game, and they show that yes, our pass defense last year was pretty legit up until Aaron Murray. Sure the caliber of pass offenses was less, but Raymond coached against the same teams.

Number 1 pass defense is a bit misleading don't you think. The defense will be faster and more athletic next year. I hope Garrison is the man that gets this offensive line figured out....especially the penalties that seem to kill us at times. Joseph is a good coach just not sure about his ability to teach run support. Secondary play is not purely all about the passing game, I don't need to tell you that.

I believe you know a thing or two, and I've enjoyed talking to you personally when we've been able to. Good discussion. Have a great day.

Misleading towards what? Statistically speaking we did in fact have the #1 pass defense in the country (see accountability's post above for the legitimacy of this). Not disagreeing with you just not sure what point you think is being made that makes that a misleading statement. As far as I can see, his point is that Joseph took the same players (same bad, awful players by the accounts of many) that Raymond had and improved their production noticeably.

Just look at these submissions from this thread:

Ryan Aplin, Arkansas State, Sep. 15, 2012 - 16/32 (50.0%) - 138 yards - 0 TD - 0 INT

Kevin Yost, Idaho State, Sep. 22, 2012 - 16/34 (47.1%) - 123 yards - 0 TD - 2 INT

Trevor Siemian & Kain Colter, Northwestern, Oct. 20, 2012 - 16/37 (43.2%) - 121 yards - 2 TD - 0 INT

Denard Robinson & Russell Bellomy, Michigan, Oct. 27, 2012 - 9/27 (33.3%) - 93 yards - 0 TD - 3 INT

Andrew Maxwell, Michigan State, Nov. 3, 2012 - 9/27 (33.3%) - 123 yards - 1 TD - 0 INT

Matt McGloin, Penn State, Nov. 10, 2012 - 18/37 (48.6%) - 240 yards - 1 TD - 1 INT - 1 Safety

Philip Nelson, Minnesota, Nov. 17, 2012 - 8/23 (34.8%) - 59 yards - 0 TD - 2 INT

• Fire 1

Misleading towards what? Statistically speaking we did in fact have the #1 pass defense in the country (see accountability's post above for the legitimacy of this). Not disagreeing with you just not sure what point you think is being made that makes that a misleading statement. As far as I can see, his point is that Joseph took the same players (same bad, awful players by the accounts of many) that Raymond had and improved their production noticeably.

Ryan Aplin, Arkansas State, Sep. 15, 2012 - 16/32 (50.0%) - 138 yards - 0 TD - 0 INT

Kevin Yost, Idaho State, Sep. 22, 2012 - 16/34 (47.1%) - 123 yards - 0 TD - 2 INT

Trevor Siemian & Kain Colter, Northwestern, Oct. 20, 2012 - 16/37 (43.2%) - 121 yards - 2 TD - 0 INT

Denard Robinson & Russell Bellomy, Michigan, Oct. 27, 2012 - 9/27 (33.3%) - 93 yards - 0 TD - 3 INT

Andrew Maxwell, Michigan State, Nov. 3, 2012 - 9/27 (33.3%) - 123 yards - 1 TD - 0 INT

Matt McGloin, Penn State, Nov. 10, 2012 - 18/37 (48.6%) - 240 yards - 1 TD - 1 INT - 1 Safety

Philip Nelson, Minnesota, Nov. 17, 2012 - 8/23 (34.8%) - 59 yards - 0 TD - 2 INT

Misleading towards the fact that the rush defense was terrible so no one had to throw very often against us.

Those are some sh#t QB's

Misleading towards the fact that the rush defense was terrible so no one had to throw very often against us.

It doesn't matter how OFTEN they had to throw, it matters how successful they were when they did throw. And they weren't; not even an average amount.

Even if that wasn't the point, look at those numbers of attempts. 32, 34, 37, 27, 27, 37, 23. Teams didn't have to throw it very often? Well, at least a few of them did.

That's not the point. See my point. Nebraska was ranked 1st in opp compl % and very high in pass yds/att. This is known as Pass efficiency defense. Not pass defense. Efficiency defense is what nebraska was tops in, and, literally has nothing to do with how many times the opponent runs or throws the ball.

That would be like saying the '09 defense wasnt really that good because they gave up almost 300 yards per game.

I meant misleading in the way that Mr. Accountability says is misleading in what way which he has now lead me to believe was not so misleading in the first place. I guess I had been mislead into believing that stat had more to do with the fact that teams had such success running the ball down our throats. I need to stop being so easily mislead. So if a FB is a lead blocker but he lead blocks to the wrong hole, is that also misleading? Or is this entire paragraph misleading in general?

I meant misleading in the way that Mr. Accountability says is misleading in what way which he has now lead me to believe was not so misleading in the first place. I guess I had been mislead into believing that stat had more to do with the fact that teams had such success running the ball down our throats. I need to stop being so easily mislead. So if a FB is a lead blocker but he lead blocks to the wrong hole, is that also misleading? Or is this entire paragraph misleading in general?

aliens-meme.jpeg

The offense has made great strides. They're already the most entertaining offense the Huskers have had in years. Lessen the turnovers and they become among the most dangerous. Back them up with a better defense and we're back in the Top 10.

But offense wasn't Bo's specialty. His specialty is defense. Our offensive recruits have been paying dividends. Our defensive recruits have not. Five years in, the Husker defense should be better than it is. Probably a lot better. No point dancing around that.

• Fire 2

aliens-meme.jpeg

humans-ancient-aliens-guy.jpg

God I am glad I am riding my bike more, this off season is killing me.

Looking forward to the projected line ups EZE. It is apparent we need these kids to be better. Bo has done a better job on the offensive recruiting for some reason. It seems you expect it to even out this year. I hope it does, would much rather see us play a strong defense and adequate offense.

A lot of people outside of the program are expecting a good year for us. That is encouraging. Still the questions about the youth, but supposed to be better athletes. But with what has went on here since 1999, I will have a wait and see attitude. I think we are going to be better than last year, I just want to see improvement in play.

The offense has made great strides. They're already the most entertaining offense the Huskers have had in years. Lessen the turnovers and they become among the most dangerous. Back them up with a better defense and we're back in the Top 10.

But offense wasn't Bo's specialty. His specialty is defense. Our offensive recruits have been paying dividends. Our defensive recruits have not. Five years in, the Husker defense should be better than it is. Probably a lot better. No point dancing around that.

Very well said.

I think it's much more difficult to build a strong defense than it is a strong offense, especially in college football. Defense is inherently more difficult anyways because it's all about reacting to someone else. But, a strong defense pays off big time and is certainly worth the trouble. I've always found it disappointing the amount of emphasis put on offense in college football, especially at some of the lesser known programs. It's almost like these programs decided the work to recruit for and build a good defense isn't worth it, so they focus entirely on these spread passing attack offenses that put up big numbers and are explosive.

While I enjoy games like the Baylor v. West Virginia game from last season, I have far more respect for a tough defensive game than a game with a basketball score.