Phil Steele's 2013 All BIG Team

Get off of my Zaire bandwagon, I'm the only one allowed! #TeamZaire #FreeZaire

LMFAO, he will be the next David! After watching how he played on a torn ACL, its scary how good he will be 100%. Bandwagon... no sir! I have never doubted that guy from the time we offered him the scholly :P

I've been on the Zaire bandwagon ever since he was recruited to NEB. He looked very solid in the red/white game. I can't wait to see him in live action. hehe

Is Zaire the Blackshirt's only hope for All B1G? That's just sad. (Sad that we don't have more talent on defense, that is.) :facepalm:

LMFAO, he will be the next David! After watching how he played on a torn ACL, its scary how good he will be 100%. Bandwagon... no sir! I have never doubted that guy from the time we offered him the scholly :P

I've been on the Zaire bandwagon ever since he was recruited to NEB. He looked very solid in the red/white game. I can't wait to see him in live action. hehe

Is Zaire the Blackshirt's only hope for All B1G? That's just sad. (Sad that we don't have more talent on defense, that is.) :facepalm:

wasn't ciante evans an honorable mention last season? he could have a chance a long with some of the other db's and maybe santos

Kinda hard for them to choose from a bunch of guys that have never played before. We dont know how sad it is yet. maybe it wont be sad at all. But the bottom line is our D this year is going to be made up of a bunch of unknowns.

Only three Nebraska players on the the defensive side of the ball. I thought Pelini was a defensive genius and would be able to get dominant defensive recruits on the field. Guess that didn't work out too well. 3 players? No wonder we lost some really lopsided games.

• Fire 1

Only three Nebraska players on the the defensive side of the ball. I thought Pelini was a defensive genius and would be able to get dominant defensive recruits on the field. Guess that didn't work out too well. 3 players? No wonder we lost some really lopsided games.

I KNOW, RIGHT?

Your not being serious are you? Last I checked, this list wasn't a final one, and do you really think a professional writer is going to add someone they never seen on the field?

NU.... you obviously didn't read my comment where that was quoted.

These are the players, defensively, that I think could become 1st or 2nd team.

Ciante Evans- 1st team, Mo Seisay- 1st Team, Zaire Anderson- 1st Team, Michael Rose or Thomas Brown 2/3rd Team, Valentine (going on a gut feeling on this one) 1st Team, Josh Mitchell- 2nd Team, Harvey Jackson or Corey Cooper-2nd Team, Randy Gregory- 1st Team, Jason Ankrah- 2nd Team.

Other players who have possibilities, Charles Jackson, Jared Afalava, David Santos, Trevor Roach, Thad Randle and Avery Moss.

LB we just have a lot of talent, but the most talented will obviously play. Its too early to say who will become 1st or 2nd, so my response is obviously off pure guess off what we have seen and/or heard.

I have a strong gut feeling that we will see Maliek Collins on the field this year. Especially if Valentine doesn't pan out to what he is suppose to be. If he does get the starting gig, he could very well get there as well. The guy has amazing footwork and hands. Its going to be interesting to see how this year's defense turns out, and quite frankly, I am more interested and excited than I was last year. At least we actually have talent.

LB- Mark my words, Zaire Anderson will be 1st or 2nd team at least.

I have said before that Zaire Anderson would have been a game changer last year. I hope he has made a full recovery and shows what he is capable of.

Your not being serious are you? Last I checked, this list wasn't a final one, and do you really think a professional writer is going to add someone they never seen on the field?

Any list, no matter who makes up the list, is telling in that NU did not have a great defense. Do you know of a list that has NU players dominate the defensive side of the ball? Post it up!

Try harder next time.

What is it that I am going to try harder at? The truth is the truth, no matter what red tinted glasses you wear. I am a huge Husker fan. Have been for the past 42 years. I can tell you point blank, the NU defense this year does not measure up to the defenses we have had in the past. There is no argument about that.

Try harder next time.

What is it that I am going to try harder at? The truth is the truth, no matter what red tinted glasses you wear. I am a huge Husker fan. Have been for the past 42 years. I can tell you point blank, the NU defense this year does not measure up to the defenses we have had in the past. There is no argument about that.

Well of course we lack the superstars of the past Pelini defenses like a Suh, David, or Amukamara. We are counting on an injury prone Thad Randle, Jason Ankrah, and some red shirt freshmen on the defensive line. The LBs could see some improvement this year but given their inexperience it's not likely they will be anything more than average. We are really going to have to count on our secondary this year.

Try harder next time.

So? What point are you trying to make? That we somehow won't break the .500 mark because we don't have a defense? Because that's the furthest thing from the truth.