2013 alt uniform game

So a serious question. Does one single alternate uniform game really help recruiting or is it more beneficial to do something like Oregon does with 70 combinations?

I understand the excitement behind the new uniforms but I just don't see where 1 game out of 12-14 would make a kid jump to a school. Or is it more along the lines the kid likes the fact that the school is open to doing anything at all?

I think it is the perfect middle ground. We have much more tradition than Oregon. Not many schools could/should pull that off.

One game doesn't hurt our tradition. The kids get a bunch of new gear, all that is different colors and cutting edge tech. They get more media exposure, the game is more hyped.

I think it does help recruiting. It doesn't throw away our tradition, but it shows the school isn't so traditional and boring. Lets the kids have some fun.

Good points. I was always curious if they sold these jerseys during the year as well. Not the game worn ones but off the rack. If they did, it would be a huge addition to the Athletic department for revenue. People would start collecting them I am sure of it.

It's like the Iowa State fan who knows his team has no shot at any real success, so he spends his time rooting for other teams to fail.

No. It's like every fan in America (yourself discluded I guess) that rout for teams they dislike, regardless the reasoning, and regardless of their own team's relevance.

It's like the Iowa State fan who knows his team has no shot at any real success, so he spends his time rooting for other teams to fail.

No. It's like every fan in America (yourself discluded I guess) that rout for teams they dislike, regardless the reasoning, and regardless of their own team's relevance.

Fair enough. I just think it's better for the game when the traditional national powers are relevant. Including Nebraska. That would be swell.

I hate it. Since when is black a primary color for Nebraska? To me it dilutes out the brand that Nebraska spent 50 years building.

The point of building a brand is that when the casual football fan decides to turn on the TV, they see the red and white with two red stripes on the pants and say, "hey, Nebraska is on".

The point of the alternate uniform is... to sell more crap.

• Fire 2

I hate it. Since when is black a primary color for Nebraska? To me it dilutes out the brand that Nebraska spent 50 years building.

The point of building a brand is that when the casual football fan decides to turn on the TV, they see the red and white with two red stripes on the pants and say, "hey, Nebraska is on".

No one said its the primary color.. It's an alternate uniform game

tn_510x510_Blackshirts.jpg

NUFansThumb2.jpg

• Fire 5

Or, "Hey, Wisconsin is on! Er... Wait... Is that Nebraska? I can never tell since the uniforms look the exact same."

The Nebraska brand was diluted more by the past 15 years than by switching jerseys once a year. Give me a break.

• Fire 1