UCLA 11am kickoff

Lots of discussion about game times and alternate unis and empty rows and blue hairs sitting on their hands.......... I don't care about any of this. What I care about is our Huskers coming out ready and playing 4 quarters. I see 11 AM start time as a bigger disadvantage for UCLA than it is for us so, I'm gonna say this is not a bad thing. The rest of it is in Pelini & Co's hands.

ibgACAms7UQsz2.gif

LMAO.... this gif fits my feelings to the tee...... We can't get recruits here for one of the biggest home games (if not the biggest).... yes, it may possibly help with the early time slot for "jet-lag" internal clock issues, but not sold on the fact that their guys haven't been through this before.

plus... it sucks for me.. that's all I am worried about.. "Numero-Uno". I am officiating a wedding for a former football player of mine. I was hoping to an afternoon wedding and a night football game. Oh well, the wedding is an honor to do....... he just better hope Nebraksa wins or has the lead, or I may not smile in the pictures...ha

ibgACAms7UQsz2.gif

LMAO.... this gif fits my feelings to the tee...... We can't get recruits here for one of the biggest home games (if not the biggest).... yes, it may possibly help with the early time slot for "jet-lag" internal clock issues, but not sold on the fact that their guys haven't been through this before.

plus... it sucks for me.. that's all I am worried about.. "Numero-Uno". I am officiating a wedding for a former football player of mine. I was hoping to an afternoon wedding and a night football game. Oh well, the wedding is an honor to do....... he just better hope Nebraksa wins or has the lead, or I may not smile in the pictures...ha

Who the hell schedules a wedding on a home football Saturday?

This time slot us better than going up against Bama(I believe) @ 2:30.

As Addict and Tre said there really shouldn't be much of an advantage by the early start. With the Bruins having a bye week prior to the game and the fact they don't start school until the 23Rd, I am sure they will be practicing at 9 for a while. Also would not be shocked if they fly out Thursday and have their walk through here Friday.

Biggest downside as everyone knows is its hard for recruits to attend but winning will do more justice than having 10 extra kits make it in. They like what they see, they'll want to come later when possible.

Plus I love an omelet with my Coors n the morning.

There better not be a Arkansas St type stunt by our delicate flowers of the student section where there were visible rows of empty seats.

The visible rows of empty seats you see out of our students section are there for every game.

Why? you ask.

Well, there's only so many student tickets sold claiming rights to said X number of seats. What happens is the students tend to crowd closer and closer together, bunching themselves up towards the bottom of the grandstand, hence leaving empty voids in the top of the section. Yes, there may have been more students than normal not at that Arkansas St game, but this is not nearly as much of a dire attendance issue as it appears to be. If you look at the students section of any game in any year, you can clearly see that they pack themselves in much MUCH tighter than any other section of fans throughout the stadium.

Do they already oversell the student section? If they don't they really should, and if they do they should more. Hell, if it gets too full just have people stand on the concrete pillars on the side of East stadium.

I dont know nothing about the overselling and such. But when you look at the section, either on tv or from within the stadium, it's obvious they are much more closely crowded together and that's what's probably causing the empty rows towards the top. The student ticket do not have assigned seats if I'm thinking right, so it's on a first come first serve basis, right? So obviously

the lower rows will fill up first. Also, pertaining to the empty seats, some games are worse than others.

No. There are not empty rows for every game.

And that wasn't the excuse last fall, I believe the talking point were something the lines of "dude it was early and if they gave us better seats blah de blah bah"

This time slot us better than going up against Bama(I believe) @ 2:30.

As Addict and Tre said there really shouldn't be much of an advantage by the early start. With the Bruins having a bye week prior to the game and the fact they don't start school until the 23Rd, I am sure they will be practicing at 9 for a while. Also would not be shocked if they fly out Thursday and have their walk through here Friday.

Biggest downside as everyone knows is its hard for recruits to attend but winning will do more justice than having 10 extra kits make it in. They like what they see, they'll want to come later when possible.

Plus I love an omelet with my Coors n the morning.

There's a reason they took the prior week to take a bye. So they are putting a lot into this game because they have a very difficult schedule.

Yes they practice in the morning.

I agree a win is much greater in the grand scheme of things.

I'll be tossing something up all day.

There better not be a Arkansas St type stunt by our delicate flowers of the student section where there were visible rows of empty seats.

The visible rows of empty seats you see out of our students section are there for every game.

Why? you ask.

Well, there's only so many student tickets sold claiming rights to said X number of seats. What happens is the students tend to crowd closer and closer together, bunching themselves up towards the bottom of the grandstand, hence leaving empty voids in the top of the section. Yes, there may have been more students than normal not at that Arkansas St game, but this is not nearly as much of a dire attendance issue as it appears to be. If you look at the students section of any game in any year, you can clearly see that they pack themselves in much MUCH tighter than any other section of fans throughout the stadium.

Do they already oversell the student section? If they don't they really should, and if they do they should more. Hell, if it gets too full just have people stand on the concrete pillars on the side of East stadium.

I dont know nothing about the overselling and such. But when you look at the section, either on tv or from within the stadium, it's obvious they are much more closely crowded together and that's what's probably causing the empty rows towards the top. The student ticket do not have assigned seats if I'm thinking right, so it's on a first come first serve basis, right? So obviously

the lower rows will fill up first. Also, pertaining to the empty seats, some games are worse than others.

No. There are not empty rows for every game.

And that wasn't the excuse last fall, I believe the talking point were something the lines of "dude it was early and if they gave us better seats blah de blah bah"

Yes. There. Were. Some games looked worse than others like I said. It was pretty noticeable for the Michigan game from my North Stadium seats. That was a 7pm kickoff.

I like that it gives us a time advantage over UCLA. I don't like that this is not going to be a large national viewed and exposed game. I think it had a chance to help us with recruiting if it was a later game. I also saw it's set to be on ESPN. Is this true? It's not going to be on ABC? If so that hurts us too.

Oh I hope so because potential conflict, At the same time, 11 o'clock, Tulsa vs. OU at ABC.