Bielema proposes rule changes to slow down no-huddle offenses

Nobody

I don't like the idea of a mandated 15 second allowable substitution time. The offense should be allowed to control the tempo if they can. Defenses are just going to have to get smarter on how to play these offenses. Nebraska did pretty damn good against spread/no huddle offenses in the last years of being in the Big 12.

I am not sure if other coaches from other conferences feel the same way but considering this is coming from two SEC coaches, this tells me there is an ulterior motive somewhere.

"Not to get on the coattails of some of the other coaches, there is a lot of truth that the way offensive philosophies are driven now, there's times where you can't get a defensive substitution in for 8, 10, 12 play drives," Bielema said, per AL.com. "That has an effect on safety of that student-athlete, especially the bigger defensive linemen, that is really real."

:cry :cry :cry

In other news, Wisconsin proposes a 15 second time limit from the time a team wins the conference championship game until their coach bolts for a better job.

Luckily they'll have plenty of time to mull that over before there is any chance of it happening again.

There actually is a rule about being allowed to sub in players. Bo hammered on the officials very early in the game when we played Ark St last year. If an offense changes personel in any way, the defense has to be given a legitimate chance to follow suit. However, if the offense gets you in a bad matchup on the first play, and they stick with that grouping and proceed to exploit it play after play, well, that's your DC's problem. Not the offense's.