Who's not coming? - Players fight?

It must be something more serious than somebody getting bopped over the head with a bottle. Why do you need to do that if you are a big strong guy anyways? I wonder if there was some serious property damage or something? That might be enough to get the boot.

Under most circumstances, I'd rather bust my beer than break my hand.

44 Guests?

1. Tom Osborne
  2. Bo Pelini
  3. Urban Meyer
  4. John Papuchis
  5. Jim Delaney
  6. Shawn Eichorst
  7. Ross Els
  8. Larry the Cable Guy
  9. 35 fans

Hi Bo, I know you are lurking! :clap

bo-pelini-nebraska.jpg

Lol, perfect guys! +1 to each of you! for making me chuckle about the issue!

Need a little levity right now. Ha! Well, as we all know, Bo would say, "at the end of the day, it is what it is"

Rumors of a player on player fight at a party that got pretty physical. They just talked about it on Sharp and Benning. Doesn't sound good.

Good Lord.....Players have always gotten into fights with each other at parties. I remember that we never wanted to go to football player parties because they would constantly be getting into fights with each other.

Yeah but players haven't always hit teammates over their heads with a beer bottle.

You really were never at very many parties with football players, were you?

No I wasn't, so feel free to tell me what happened at those parties. I understand that when guys get drunk they do some dumb stuff but I simply can't believe that something like shattering a beer bottle over a fellow teammates head was common even in those days. Most of those guys were men and didn't have to use more than their fists. Shattering a beer bottle over someones head is intent to seriously injur someone, not just anger over words said, not just wanting to kick their ass, but I want to put you in the hospital hate.

Rumors of a player on player fight at a party that got pretty physical. They just talked about it on Sharp and Benning. Doesn't sound good.

Good Lord.....Players have always gotten into fights with each other at parties. I remember that we never wanted to go to football player parties because they would constantly be getting into fights with each other.

Yeah but players haven't always hit teammates over their heads with a beer bottle.

You really were never at very many parties with football players, were you?

No I wasn't, so feel free to tell me what happened at those parties. I understand that when guys get drunk they do some dumb stuff but I simply can't believe that something like shattering a beer bottle over a fellow teammates head was common even in those days. Most of those guys were men and didn't have to use more than their fists. Shattering a beer bottle over someones head is intent to seriously injur someone, not just anger over words said, not just wanting to kick their ass, but I want to put you in the hospital hate.

Things like this happened more times than Dr. Tom would care to admit.

If it is brown and suttles then no need to hit the panic button. We have a load of talented young lbs. Who knows about suttles? Football player fights break out all the time in college. We had multiple fights break out amongst players and it was squashed afterwards. Unless their was weapons used or excessive violence like beating a guy's that is already down then this isn't something that should hang over a program.

I guess instead of falling on the floor from excitement of alternate uniforms, our players go out drinking and beating each other up. Good thing the numbers on the jerseys are already in prison font.

According to Benning this all happened before the unveiling of the uniforms. My guess is the subdued response to the alternate unis has something to do with this episode going down a night or two before hand.

Thomas Brown and Santos???? There goes our linebacker crew

No d-line, no linebackers....

Someone said it wasn't involving Santos....but....

The party was for Santos' 21st birthday, so he was there, just not involved in the altercation from what the rumors are saying.

Breaking beer bottles over heads might be crossing a line if that is the case, but I personally don't mind the players going at each other once in a while. I think overall it builds more continuity . Like fighting with a brother or sister.

Well, that's one way to look at it....

Well if you're going to cherry pick......

Breaking beer bottles over heads might be crossing a line if that is the case, but I personally don't mind the players going at each other once in a while. I think overall it builds more continuity . Like fighting with a brother or sister.

Well, that's one way to look at it....

Well if you're going to cherry pick......

Just giving you a hard time man :wasted