Phil Steele Predicts a NEB vs. Oregon Rose Bowl Game

If we don't doze off one game, the only two games that talent wise I think will be a challenge for us are Michigan and Penn State. I think we will beat Northwestern & UCLA since we have them at home. If the defense learns and gets better by the end of the season when we go play Michigan and Penn State... There is a real chance we could be 11-1 going in to the Big 10 Championship game with Ohio State. So yes due to us having a rather easy schedule this year, I do think we have a shot to make it to the Rose Bowl.

I think we play vs OSU with a natty berth on the line for both teams.

haha, last season (and the last 10 years) is such a distant memory for some of you. must be nice to have bar refaeli serving you beer and prime rib, while kate upton pillow fights mila kunis across the room every night. how is utopia for those of us back here on earth?

I agree with your sentiment but it's a very real possibility. With our weak schedule and a little luck in other conferences it could happen but until I see this team show up for a big game I'm not holding my breath.

I agree with your sentiment but it's a very real possibility. With our weak schedule and a little luck in other conferences it could happen but until I see this team show up for a big game I'm not holding my breath.

it certainly "could" happen. if you had told me k-state was going to make a run like they did last year I would have laughed at you too. every year a team goes on a run. we certainly have the schedule set up for one this year.

If we don't doze off one game, the only two games that talent wise I think will be a challenge for us are Michigan and Penn State. I think we will beat Northwestern & UCLA since we have them at home. If the defense learns and gets better by the end of the season when we go play Michigan and Penn State... There is a real chance we could be 11-1 going in to the Big 10 Championship game with Ohio State. So yes due to us having a rather easy schedule this year, I do think we have a shot to make it to the Rose Bowl.

Regarding the bolded, that worked pretty well last time NW visited Lincoln. And this year NW may have one of the best teams they have ever had. So I definitely wouldn't sleep on them.

it certainly "could" happen. if you had told me k-state was going to make a run like they did last year I would have laughed at you too. every year a team goes on a run. we certainly have the schedule set up for one this year.

I happen to think our defense will pretty much start to take full form this summer.

They will get welcomed to the big leagues by OUR big time offense.

I don't think there will be as much of a growing pains adjustment as others think.

They'll be going up against the best offense in the big 10 at full speed. They'll learn, quick.

I think there will be a small adjustment to putting it into action in game under the lights, but I think the largest jump will happen during fall camp.

• Fire 1

I think we play vs OSU with a natty berth on the line for both teams.

Why not? OSU's D wasn't dominant, if we'd had them at home last year it may have minimized our mistakes and kept us in it late in the third and fourth quarters. With all the media press Urb and OSU are the fan favorites to contend, but maybe our young D does enough to let us backdoor into it. Tired of the SEC and ESPNs mancrush on them. Someone has to dethrone. Why the fugg not DONU? I like Koolaid; only if it's Red though. I'll go with bold.

• Fire 2

kate upton pillow fights mila kunis across the room every night

Yes, please. Sign me up.

Seriously, I think we have as much chance as any team in the B1G to make it to a Championship game. How we might perform IN that game, well that's a different discussion.

Well....he is fairly accurate with the Huskers almost every year...he had NEB going to the BIG10 title game last year. I don't have the time right now to verify the credibility to his NEB predictions...but he does a pretty solid job. I really hope NEB makes it make to the BIG10 championship to get some revenge on Urbface.

Funny, since we're new to the B1G we still don't think that "consolation" would be that great.

If Purdue or NWU or (hell) even wisky lost the B1G championship and was "forced" to play the rose bowl, they'd be happy--no?

Do we EVER think the rose bowl is what the Long Form of B1G think it is? I think if we make 3 or 4 yrs, and that's a big if, we may change our minds especially if we win it a couple times.

I'm always kind of an Orange Bowl or bust kinda guy, but that's so far gone, maybe we better get used to the rose bowl being a damn good destination.