Carlos Hyde in trouble

I don't get this Urban Meyer hate at this point. He has a guy, who he did not recruit, gets in trouble with the law. Before charges are even filed, he preemptively kicks Hyde off the team. How is this situation Urban Meyer doing something wrong?

It's ALWAYS the coaches fault when a player gets arrested. Unless it is at Nebraska. Then it is completely on the player.

If it happens every now and then, it's normally on the players.When you have a pattern, it's absolutely the coaches fault. That's like what, 40(?) guys arrested in Meyer's last 7-8 years coaching? That's ridiculous.

Damnit...Saunders is on his posting facts again.....those damn facts. ; P Good stuff man. I do concur.

More info on this...it seems Bradley Roby, their starting CB, was arrested Sunday. He is a Walter Camp watch list CB for tOSU. Also on Jim Thorpe watch list.

He had over 60 tackles last year total and and if people remember, 2 INT's verses us.

He probably won't get kicked off the team.........just a hunch..........

Somehow this is all Urban Meyers' fault. Because he is the devil. :lol:

/ Do I need to post a sarcasm emoti for this?

I thought that was Saban?

Maybe Urban Meyer and Nick Saban are both just minions of Bill "Beelzebub" Belichick.

More info on this...it seems Bradley Roby, their starting CB, was arrested Sunday. He is a Walter Camp watch list CB for tOSU. Also on Jim Thorpe watch list.

He had over 60 tackles last year total and and if people remember, 2 INT's verses us.

He probably won't get kicked off the team.........just a hunch..........

There are like 3-4 threads with all of this. Roby is a misdemeanor so probably still on the team in the long run.

I don't get this Urban Meyer hate at this point. He has a guy, who he did not recruit, gets in trouble with the law. Before charges are even filed, he preemptively kicks Hyde off the team. How is this situation Urban Meyer doing something wrong?

It's ALWAYS the coaches fault when a player gets arrested. Unless it is at Nebraska. Then it is completely on the player.

If it happens every now and then, it's normally on the players.When you have a pattern, it's absolutely the coaches fault. That's like what, 40(?) guys arrested in Meyer's last 7-8 years coaching? That's ridiculous.

I know. I was being sarcastic. But in Meyers defense, he didn't recruit these players either. Not to say he isn't accountable as the coach. Just pointing that out.

True. I honestly believe Meyer is an outstanding coach when it comes to winning games on the big stage..........but I have my other qualms with him when it comes to disciplining his players. Maybe he is on the right track now with it considering the whole Hernandez situation coming to light. Maybe he is trying to save/salvage his rep and trying to keep things "clean" within the program.

I know. I was being sarcastic. But in Meyers defense, he didn't recruit these players either. Not to say he isn't accountable as the coach. Just pointing that out.

Somehow this is all Urban Meyers' fault. Because he is the devil. :lol:

/ Do I need to post a sarcasm emoti for this?

If even half the stuff I've heard from Gator boosters is true, he's a dirty sack of sh#t.

Look here. How many Ohio St players got in trouble for these kinds of more serious "crimes" before Urban. And now the boom comes down on two guys all a sudden? Oh yes. Terrel Pryor and that bunch. They broke some rules, but didnt commit any crimes. I'm sorry, but his time at Florida and now already at Ohio St suggests of an obvious lack of control on his part. This is what I was concerned with when Ohio st hired him when theyre already on the hot seat. We need a dominant Ohio St. in the Big 10.

I leave the country for a bit and this happens! smh.

Hopefully the girl is ok first of all.

Obviously Carlos didn't want to play ball. next man up and bank the scholarship for someone else. Get some young blood in there.

very glad this got handled before camp and and we are very deep at the tailback. Maybe 5 deep with the Frosh coming in.

i do not think this falls on meyer, but that is the problem once you develop a reputation.

I think that's fair. His history has not been pretty with the likes of Chris "time to die" Rainey. But Carlos is a Tress guy and not an Urban guy.

So far.

DUI-Dominic Clarke. Dismissed next day.

Domestic Violence-Storm Klein. dismissed next day. reinstated when the charges proved false.

Assault-Carlos Hyde. kicked off the team the next day amidst ALLEGATIONS.no charges have been filed.

Chronic use-TY Williams. dismissed next day.

Se'Von Pittman. dismissed.

and a couple others that deserved to be booted.