Carlos Hyde in trouble

I mentioned this in my Big Ten media picks thread.

Not sure how this impacts things, but it's appearing like Carlos Hyde is off the team in Columbus. If true, I don't see that slowing the Buckeyes down much. They'll still have two four-star RBs to pick from - Rod Smith out of Indiana, and Bri'onte Dunn out of Glenoak, OH.

I'd have to think it slows them some. Basically, that'd be like us losing Ameer right now.

I forgot that Jordan Hall is coming back, too. He was injured most/all of last year. Not sure if his return changes much.

Also, Tom Dienart is saying Roby's charge is a misdemeanor. Pretty sure that won't get him kicked off the team. Suspension, maybe a game or two, and "team discipline." He'll be there for the games that matter.

@BTNTomDienhart

RT @DustinDopirak This is the case record for Bradley Roby. The battery charge is a misdemeanor

Ohio State dismisses Carlos Hyde from team

By Tom Fornelli | College Football Writer, www.cbssports.com, July 22, 2013 11:49 am ET

Ohio State running back Carlos Hyde has been dismissed from the team, according to a report in the Columbus Dispatch.

Hyde was named as a "person of interest" in an alleged assault against a female that took place over the weekend at a bar in Columbus. Hyde hasn't been charged.

LINK

____________________Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

/ edit: I guess Urban gets the last laugh. No charges filed. Sounds like a false report by the girl.

• Fire 3

I don't get this Urban Meyer hate at this point. He has a guy, who he did not recruit, gets in trouble with the law. Before charges are even filed, he preemptively kicks Hyde off the team. How is this situation Urban Meyer doing something wrong?

It's ALWAYS the coaches fault when a player gets arrested. Unless it is at Nebraska. Then it is completely on the player.

• Fire 2

I don't get this Urban Meyer hate at this point. He has a guy, who he did not recruit, gets in trouble with the law. Before charges are even filed, he preemptively kicks Hyde off the team. How is this situation Urban Meyer doing something wrong?

It's ALWAYS the coaches fault when a player gets arrested. Unless it is at Nebraska. Then it is completely on the player.

If it happens every now and then, it's normally on the players.When you have a pattern, it's absolutely the coaches fault. That's like what, 40(?) guys arrested in Meyer's last 7-8 years coaching? That's ridiculous.

• Fire 1

I wonder if Hyde's NFL career will go the way Mizzou's Derrick Washington? He's the Mizzou RB who raped his tutor. I'm guessing Hyde plays again. If not for tOSU, then for some NFL team. The penalty for punching a chick prolly won't be as bad as the five years Washington got for feeling his tutor up while she slept.

If it happens every now and then, it's normally on the players.When you have a pattern, it's absolutely the coaches fault. That's like what, 40(?) guys arrested in Meyer's last 7-8 years coaching? That's ridiculous.

I know. I was being sarcastic. But in Meyers defense, he didn't recruit these players either. Not to say he isn't accountable as the coach. Just pointing that out.

I know. I was being sarcastic. But in Meyers defense, he didn't recruit these players either. Not to say he isn't accountable as the coach. Just pointing that out.

Somehow this is all Urban Meyers' fault. Because he is the devil. :lol:

/ Do I need to post a sarcasm emoti for this?

Somehow this is all Urban Meyers' fault. Because he is the devil. :lol:

/ Do I need to post a sarcasm emoti for this?

I thought that was Saban?