Carlos Hyde in trouble

No, if he hit her...it doesn't matter if she hit (or pushed him as some reports say) him. You don't face punch a girl who has told you no either with body language, pushes, or yelling. No means no.

She actively went after him. He had walked away when she went to him.

No, if he hit her...it doesn't matter if she hit (or pushed him as some reports say) him. You don't face punch a girl who has told you no either with body language, pushes, or yelling. No means no.

Says another conflicting report... Again, just wait it out. What's up with Roby though?

Are you a Columbus Police Officer or have you seen the tape?

I don't know what happened, but if he did hit her, he should be off the team. It shouldn't matter if he retaliated.

Wrong

Thank you Lawrence Phillips.

That's such a stupid thing to say. Really is. Until you people stop putting women on a pedestal, these kinds of actions will continue. The whole "never hit a woman" gig is the reason why many women, such as the one in the report, feel as though they can get away with attacking, ASSAULTING other people. What difference does it make if I get sucker punched by a weak man or a strong woman? If I'm attacked by anyone, I'm going to defend myself. If that means hitting back, so be it.

I don't know what happened, but if he did hit her, he should be off the team. It shouldn't matter if he retaliated.

Wrong

That's such a stupid thing to say. Really is. Until you people stop putting women on a pedestal, these kinds of actions will continue. The whole "never hit a woman" gig is the reason why many women, such as the one in the report, feel as though they can get away with attacking, ASSAULTING other people. What difference does it make if I get sucker punched by a weak man or a strong woman? If I'm attacked by anyone, I'm going to defend myself. If that means hitting back, so be it.

double_facepalm.jpg

• Fire 1

Wrong

Unless this woman is a UFC fighter, East German, or has a weapon, is there any real danger thus giving a reason for a D1 running back defend himself?

• Fire 1

Says another conflicting report... Again, just wait it out. What's up with Roby though?

I have no idea. It's been quiet on that front, but speculation is he won't be charged with anything.

Are you a Columbus Police Officer or have you seen the tape?

No, the reporter who is now saying Hyde still made contact said she went after him.

Wrong

Unless this woman is a UFC fighter, East German, or has a weapon, is there any real danger thus giving a reason for a D1 running back defend himself?

Who knows. The real question is, who would we put in the position to make that call? Sorry to say it, but i have agree quite a bit with Creighton on this one. You have a right to defend yourself. H O W E V E R- I really have no idea how that correlates to this particular incident yet.

I agree with Creighton Duke in principle. It's okay to defend yourself against. . . anyone. Saying something like it's never okay for a man to punch a woman is blatant sexism.

But it seems unlikely that Carlos Hyde would need to punch a female in self defense. Unless it was Rosie O'Donnell or something.

• Fire 1

I agree with Creighton Duke in principle. It's okay to defend yourself against. . . anyone. Saying something like it's never okay for a man to punch a woman is blatant sexism.

But it seems unlikely that Carlos Hyde would need to punch a female in self defense. Unless it was Rosie O'Donnell or something.

This seems right.

With the landscape of modern society, it's not okay except for in extreme situations to punch a man anymore. Do I like it? No. Regardless, it's not okay to hit a woman. Unless she has a weapon and is trying to harm you or your friends/family..... Or if she's Rosie O'Donnell.

With the landscape of modern society, it's not okay except for in extreme situations to punch a man anymore. Do I like it? No. Regardless, it's not okay to hit a woman. Unless she has a weapon and is trying to harm you or your friends/family..... Or if she's Rosie O'Donnell.

I agree with the landscape of modern society then. The only time it's okay to punch anyone is in self defense. In which case the sex, age, race, religion, ect. of the attacker is utterly, completely, decidedly irrelevant.

• Fire 1