****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

Damon Benning giving the D praise? Alright, now I'm on board, let's do this sh#t.

I want to believe. But we've had sunshine and kool-aid from these media types in recent years, too.

True, but I've got the impression from Damon that he isn't a sunshine pumper or a doomsday type. He seems to tell it like it is, a real straight shooter.

Agreed and I have no reason to believe that Damon is wrong or blowing smoke. But I'll believe it when I see it. Shut down UCLA and I'll be fully on board.

Damon Benning giving the D praise? Alright, now I'm on board, let's do this sh#t.

I want to believe. But we've had sunshine and kool-aid from these media types in recent years, too.

True, but I've got the impression from Damon that he isn't a sunshine pumper or a doomsday type. He seems to tell it like it is, a real straight shooter.

Agreed and I have no reason to believe that Damon is wrong or blowing smoke. But I'll believe it when I see it. Shut down UCLA and I'll be fully on board.

I don't see any reasonable, well, reason that the defense won't be better.

I don't think they'll be elite - I don't even think they'll be really good. But all we need them to be is good.

He's got upper management written all over him.

Damn, you have some tough standards. They were one of the best offenses in the country last year, more productive than us. I'll go with, "win, don't get embarrassed, and I'll be fully on board." :D

Replacing eight starters with unproven guys, and you don't see any reason why they won't be better? I love the optimism but there's far less evidence that they'll be as good as they were last year than what you're saying.

• Fire 2

Replacing eight starters with unproven guys, and you don't see any reason why they won't be better? I love the optimism but there's far less evidence that they'll be as good as they were last year than what you're saying.

Yep. Unfortunately.

Potential means that they haven't done it yet.

True.... but, they gave up 595 YPG, 8.29 YPP, and 53.5 PPG in our 4 losses. It's hard to get much worse than that.

• Fire 1

I get that there's no guarantee of improvement, but I think the majority of our defensive woes were the result of being out-athleted on the field and I think we now have better athletes. That's how simple it is to me. We'll see how it plays out.

There will be elation throughout Huskerdom if this defense comes out and plays like we all want them to play.

I wonder what the mood will be if they struggle like a young, inexperienced defense typically struggles. Hope those great expectations aren't met with great anger over a belief unsupported by facts.

There will be elation throughout Huskerdom if this defense comes out and plays like we all want them to play.

I wonder what the mood will be if they struggle like a young, inexperienced defense typically struggles. Hope those great expectations aren't met with great anger over a belief unsupported by facts.

I think average Joe Husker fan isn't really expecting much. Hoping for improvement but not counting on it. Really, though, the only performance people will look at as the real caliber of our defense until November is UCLA.

I'm not expecting much, just improvement, specifically in the area of not letting the dam break.

VIDEO: #Huskers fans, get Dave, Gerry & Howard's impressions from Nebraska camp - http://wp.me/p1MmDU-12Fa .

Just watched the Ameer interview. Am I the only one that thinks he is getting tired of answering questions about the freshman backs? I think that Ameer may come out and have a bigger year than we think just to prove that he is the best back we have.

Yeah he seemed a little put off by that being the first question. Or maybe he's just tired from practice and it's nap time.