Huskers NOT in Sports Illustrated Preseason Top 25

imo, i would like to know your guys' opinions towards my opinion about Staples' opinion.

Staple's opinion is not an opinion. It is a fact. Nebraska really is NOT ranked in his top 25.

This was my question. Staples is an AP voter and would be curious if his actual submitted poll is anything like this

What they are smoking to rank Mich St #15 is beyond me.

"They have a really good defense"

That's what everyone says about them, nationwide.

Too bad Sparty has nothing on offense. They ranked 75th in Rushing Offense last year, and that was their highest major category ranking. They lose Le'Veon Bell and replace him with... nobody.

And it's too bad we hung 473 yards on them at their house last year, and they have to come to Lincoln this year.

But whatever. We don't get blown out three times last year and we're not unranked to start the season. It's our own fault.

Don't forget they lost Dion Sims too. Bell and Sims recorded for half of MSU's offensive yards from last year. That is a hard hit on an already struggling offense.

I'm pretty indifferent to this. It's a useless poll for two reasons. 1-It's a preseason poll & 2-Whoever put it together was smoking crack.

Yeah, I think they screwed the pooch by not at least having Nebraska in there somewhere but, I would rather be under ranked at this point than over ranked. Might provide some incentive as bulletin board material. Like knapp said, we haven't made our case to deserve more respect so, until we do, this type of thing shouldn't shock anybody.

Now does anybody want my opinion of their opinion about an opinion?

JTheadshake.gif

To have MSU that high after the season they had last year is ridiculous. I really don't see how ND is at 9 either. Omitting Okie St. is just plain silly, and leaving off NU from the list is also silly. If they wanted to put NU at 20-25 that is fine, but to leave them off makes no sense.

If no research was done, there really isn't a reason for us to be ranked. We were blown out several times, gave up record yards and lost most of the defense. Most people do not buy into the improvement by deduction method that we have embraced.

Nebraska won some games the way Michigan State lost games. I think we should be around the bottom of the 25, but Wisconsin is not there, nor is Oklahoma State who the media picked to win the Big 12. Some serious errors in this poll. It does not mean anything so who cares one way or another. Might help fire the kids up more, but from what most are saying that is not needed. Just set back and wait is all we can do, and thank God it is only two more weeks!!!!

If no research was done, there really isn't a reason for us to be ranked. We were blown out several times, gave up record yards and lost most of the defense. Most people do not buy into the improvement by deduction method that we have embraced.

Nebraska won some games the way Michigan State lost games. I think we should be around the bottom of the 25, but Wisconsin is not there, nor is Oklahoma State who the media picked to win the Big 12. Some serious errors in this poll. It does not mean anything so who cares one way or another. Might help fire the kids up more, but from what most are saying that is not needed. Just set back and wait is all we can do, and thank God it is only two more weeks!!!!

Yes. This is right, I mean Nebraska isn't in the national spotlight at the moment. Unfortunately most of the national media has to base their judgement of Nebraska football purely on the times we were in the national spotlight. Those " big games". We did not represent ourselves very well when the eyes of the country were upon us. We don't really have any opportunities to redeem ourselves in that area this year according to the schedule. But that sure could change if we head into that BTC game undefeated.

Not only did they lose Gholston and Bell, but everyone forgets about All Big Ten TE Dion Sims. Who mainly was, besides Bell, Andrew Maxwell's only reliable/consistent target.

And to top it off, Maxwell last year showed nothing that would make anyone think he is that good of a QB.

But he's coming back. That clearly makes the offense better. I mean, it would be hard for him to be any worse than last year, so that means he can run an offense without any proven playmakers. Right?

Past years I thought the general national outlook of Nebraska was more optimistic than deserved. This year it seems just the opposite. But I really prefer it this way. Going to be fun to see what this team can do. I cannot accept that we are a lesser team than Vanderbilt.