Go to Husker Item

I have several Husker shirts, none better than the other, but only one pair of Husker socks, so those get worn each Saturday in the fall.

I bought them a few years ago at the Husker store in Estes Park (there are two of them now, but it's the one the Jess Kosch runs, Big Red of the Rockies I think). The store was quiet, with only Jesse in there manning the desk, and he kept saying things like "only 20 days until kickoff" to break the ice, but I really wasn't up for talking much, and it was kind of awkward. He mentioned how he bought the Husker store, but then the previous owners opened up another shop down the street, and he wasn't counting on having competition. I bought the socks out of pity more than anything. But now I wear them for every game.

I've just got Husker ball marker I got from a pro shop when I was little. Gotta keep it in my pocket during games or it doesn't feel right.

I'm curious about the coconut, darkhorse? What's the story behind that?

It's nothing special. My brother was stationed down in Key West and one of his friends wives collected coconuts and painted all sorts of stuff on them. She did all sorts of colleges. My brother sent it to me and I thought it woudl be a good traveling piece.