***2015 Recruiting***

By my count, we are at 85 right now. I've taken Gregory, Love and Hart off and I'm not including Lundie. I am including Turner as getting a Medical Hardship.

I get the feeling Gabe Miller may be done playing because of his back so that would be one more. I had thought David Sutton wouldn't come back for a fifth year but with the TE likely being more a part of the offense, I'm not sure what he'll do now. Of the remaining Juniors and Seniors, the two Junior OLinemen (Thurston and Whitaker) and Sutton are the only ones who weren't seeing the field this year (other than injuries). So if we take more than 1-2 more commits, there will have to be someone currently on the team leave. It won't surprise me if at least one QB leaves after spring ball. Other than that, I'm not sure who else would look to leave.

By my count, we are at 85 right now. I've taken Gregory, Love and Hart off and I'm not including Lundie. I am including Turner as getting a Medical Hardship.

I get the feeling Gabe Miller may be done playing because of his back so that would be one more. I had thought David Sutton wouldn't come back for a fifth year but with the TE likely being more a part of the offense, I'm not sure what he'll do now. Of the remaining Juniors and Seniors, the two Junior OLinemen (Thurston and Whitaker) and Sutton are the only ones who weren't seeing the field this year (other than injuries). So if we take more than 1-2 more commits, there will have to be someone currently on the team leave. It won't surprise me if at least one QB leaves after spring ball. Other than that, I'm not sure who else would look to leave.

Well, from this, it sounds like you think our class is filled. That's interesting when the coaches are tweeting that they are headed out to find new Huskers tomorrow.

I had always thought the lowest number that had been mentioned was around 17 or 18 and I had heard all the way up to 20 or 21.

OK...I know it's important to have a lot of very good athletes. But, I found this interesting and very encouraging for this class. This is according to 247.

Lee = #1 player in Colorado

Daishon Neal = #1 player in Nebraska

Barnett = #1 player in Oklahoma

Gaylord = #1 player in Kansas

Anderson = #3 player in Colorado

Decker = #3 player in Nebraska

Carlos Davis = #5 player in Kansas

Khalil Davis = #6 player in Kansas

Young = #11 player in Arizona

That's 9 players out of 15 that are dang good in their state.

Yeah, most of the "experts" have been saying 16-18 all along and 20 lately. Obviously they were expecting some attrition. I think they are still expecting 3-4 more commits so it will be interesting where the attrition comes from. Like I said, Sutton, Miller and a QB wouldn't be surprising. Not sure after that.

Yeah, most of the "experts" have been saying 16-18 all along and 20 lately. Obviously they were expecting some attrition. I think they are still expecting 3-4 more commits so it will be interesting where the attrition comes from. Like I said, Sutton, Miller and a QB wouldn't be surprising. Not sure after that.

What about factoring perhaps the loss of one or two of our current commits, no idea who it would be but it seems like we see at least one late flip each year.

Charlton Warren@CoachCwarren 26m26 minutes ago

Finally the Dead period ends tonight and I can't wait to hit Houston looking for future Huskers! It's bout time to get back to work! #GBR

Who we have on our radar in Houston?
Sykes is in Spring, TX... Is that near Houston?

A quick Google maps search confirms that Spring is a suburb of Houston.
So is Alief, where Kenneth McGruder is.

It's amazing what happens when you have a staff that actually gives a sh#t about recruiting from Day 1.

FIFY. I agree Bo and staff had some lackluster recruiting classes based on lack of effort/emphasis, with the results showing on the field. However, this class and next year's class were on track to be special, next year even more so because of a larger class size.

We have talent to work with and to win with right away. Hopefully, with this early emphasis on recruiting, we will see a continuum of growth on the field.

gabe miller is done I'm pretty sure...seems like I read that somewhere as well as his Twitter says "former long snapper at nebraska"