Kirt Herbstreit= Douche

I understand, but its how this guy comes across about these questions. He is very negative and quick to put down anyone that has to do with Nebraska. To say MSU is going to make it to the CCG is a slap in the face to the whole legends division. MSU faces the toughest schedule in the conference, they lose Bell and Sims who combine for over half of MSU's total offense, and they lose some key players in their front 7, while now running a worse offense than they had last year. I don't think ESPN is anti Nebraska, but this guy is.

I am not bothered by what he says, I actually think its funny.

What about their schedule is "the toughest in the conference"? I think that question still needs to be answered before we even mentioned Herbie anymore. Are you upset with him because he doesn't have Iowa, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, and Minnesota going to BCS bowls because according to you, they represent some of the toughest in the conference.

Iowa

Indiana

Purdue

Illinois

Michigan

Nebraska

Northwestern

Minnesota

Kirt Herbstreit= Douche

It seems like all internet message boards think douches are a bad thing. I for one am quite glad that such a product exists. You'd know what I mean if you took your college girlfriend on a 15 mile hike and overnight camping trip. And she didn't bring a douche.

:lol:

Why would you want your girlfriend to bring Kirk Herbstreit camping?

• Fire 2
Kirt Herbstreit= Douche

It seems like all internet message boards think douches are a bad thing. I for one am quite glad that such a product exists. You'd know what I mean if you took your college girlfriend on a 15 mile hike and overnight camping trip. And she didn't bring a douche.

:lol:

Why would you want your girlfriend to bring Kirk Herbstreit camping?

I think you just won the internet.

• Fire 1

Teams with a chance to win the Legends:

• NU
  • NU
  • Mich
  • MSU

Teams with little to no chance:

• Iowa
  • Minnesota

Teams with a chance to win Leaders:

• OSU
  • Wisc

• PSU
  • Ill
  • Indiana
  • Purdue

Doesn't seem like there's much in the way of having original thoughts here. MSU may be a stretch, but it's not super unlikely. So, essentially, you have 3-4 teams to pick from in the Legends and 2 in the Leaders, PSU won't have enough depth.

Regarding OSU in the MNC, I don't see it happening. I don't think they are that good, they were VERY lucky last year to go 12-0 and had ZERO pressure on them.

I think you are right on OSU not making the NC game. As for last year, I wouldn't say they had zero pressure on them. Have you ever been on a team HS or College that was deep in the season and undefeated? Now multiply that by 1,000 and you get the pressure of being undefeated, even without a post season game, at schools like Ohio State, Michigan, and Nebraska. As a note, most teams need luck on their side to end the season undefeated.

I see a one loss OSU vs a one loss Nebraska in the championship game.

I agree with that, but I think the reason is because he is not a total homer, as they think he should be. Still feel he is fair and sticks to his predictions. May not a big fan, but again, honest to a fault, not a Nebraska fan, I think most here have him pegged right. Holtz is a great coach, that knows what he is talking about most of the time, other than ND. Fowler is good people, but had a dislike for Nebraska due to his Colorado background.

I will never forget how much Herbstreit was gushing over Cory Ross/Nebraska in the 2006 Alamo bowl against Michigan. He was actually giddy when Ross was breaking runs in the end. He does not hate Nebraska. I think he has great respect for us in fact and even greater repsect that we are now in the Big10. Althogh I do not agree with everything he says he does a pretty good job aside from his whining about Miami 2001.

• Fire 1

I will never forget how much Herbstreit was gushing over Cory Ross/Nebraska in the 2006 Alamo bowl against Michigan. He was actually giddy when Ross was breaking runs in the end. He does not hate Nebraska. I think he has great respect for us in fact and even greater repsect that we are now in the Big10. Althogh I do not agree with everything he says he does a pretty good job aside from his whining about Miami 2001.

Funny thing is as well...

Surprisingly, he was taking NEB's side in the Texas A&M debacle game in 2010. He said something to the effect, "ya gotta be joking?" when the refs were making some horrid/questionable calls.

Surprisingly, he was taking NEB's side in the Texas A&M debacle game in 2010. He said something to the effect, "ya gotta be joking?" when the refs were making some horrid/questionable calls.

Just goes to shows how one single thing can make an entire fanbase permanently butthurt. Kirk has had plenty of overly generous things to say about us in the past - even more so now that we're in the Big Ten, and even more so now that another OSU alum is our head coach.

• Fire 1

Teams with a chance to win the Legends:

• NU
  • NU
  • Mich
  • MSU

• Iowa
  • Minnesota

Teams with a chance to win Leaders:

• OSU
  • Wisc

• PSU
  • Ill
  • Indiana
  • Purdue

Doesn't seem like there's much in the way of having original thoughts here. MSU may be a stretch, but it's not super unlikely. So, essentially, you have 3-4 teams to pick from in the Legends and 2 in the Leaders, PSU won't have enough depth.

Regarding OSU in the MNC, I don't see it happening. I don't think they are that good, they were VERY lucky last year to go 12-0 and had ZERO pressure on them.

I think you are right on OSU not making the NC game. As for last year, I wouldn't say they had zero pressure on them. Have you ever been on a team HS or College that was deep in the season and undefeated? Now multiply that by 1,000 and you get the pressure of being undefeated, even without a post season game, at schools like Ohio State, Michigan, and Nebraska. As a note, most teams need luck on their side to end the season undefeated.

I see a one loss OSU vs a one loss Nebraska in the championship game.

Maybe it would have been more accurate to say "nothing to lose." There is always pressure, but I don't think it's quite the same without postseason play. Agree that there is almost always some luck involved. OSU just didn't pass the eye test for me last year. Maybe it's just my astigmatism.

Just goes to shows how one single thing can make an entire fanbase permanently butthurt. Kirk has had plenty of overly generous things to say about us in the past - even more so now that we're in the Big Ten, and even more so now that another OSU alum is our head coach.

I really haven't had a problem with Herby. He's usually pretty honest about Nebraska but he still has respect for the program. So he's made some bad predictions in the past *cough* Iowa 2011 *cough* but what analyst hasn't.