Bo closes practice to former players indefinitely

tschu

Having players, media, parents on the sideline for practices can present a huge challenge at times, esp. with all the different types of social media. If all of them would follow "what happens at practice, stays at practice" besides what is given out at the end of practice by a specific coach/player... then most of those coaches who shut things off, would probably be a little more receptive.. Just win, and none of this will matter.

At this point just a conference championship, and a good bowl showing, and I am sedated.

Jay Foreman gives us his thoughts on the "closing of camp".

http://jayforeman56....%22The-Issue%22

Well if Jay says it's normal to close practices than I guess we are good because He was coached by Dr Tom and everything that is done with the program has to be done the way Dr Tom did it or needs to be signed off by one of his former players.

I think he was throwing his thoughts out on his webpage, because many assumed that he was pissed off during his weekly interview with Benning & Sharp. He even says that his opinion doesn't mean more than any others.

Well if Jay says it's normal to close practices than I guess we are good because He was coached by Dr Tom and everything that is done with the program has to be done the way Dr Tom did it or needs to be signed off by one of his former players.

I think he was throwing his thoughts out on his webpage, because many assumed that he was pissed off during his weekly interview with Benning & Sharp. He even says that his opinion doesn't mean more than any others.

I forgot to put up the sarcasm sign after my post.

I forgot to put up the sarcasm sign after my post.

No problem!!! :wasted

I thought this team was a part of the university, and functioned on it's behalf - representing the university, which is an entity of the state. This isn't the NFL. Saying this is "his" team isn't the entire truth. It's the state's team, and everyone that feeds into the university. It's why I'm not always on board w/ the shaft they give the students. If we want the team run like the NFL, as it's own entity apart from the university then they can pitch that. Until then, it's University of Nebraska's team - not Bo's. He just leads it.

It is. This is all true.

I will now add to it.

If the university, fans, and state all genuinely care about the program, then we will trust that Bo is doing this for the betterment of the team and not just in spite of some reporters or former players, and quite hissy fittin about something so completely irrelevant. Like the booster from North Platte, sometimes the best thing to do if you really care is to step back and not say anything at all.

• Fire 1

I thought this team was a part of the university, and functioned on it's behalf - representing the university, which is an entity of the state. This isn't the NFL. Saying this is "his" team isn't the entire truth. It's the state's team, and everyone that feeds into the university. It's why I'm not always on board w/ the shaft they give the students. If we want the team run like the NFL, as it's own entity apart from the university then they can pitch that. Until then, it's University of Nebraska's team - not Bo's. He just leads it.

It is. This is all true.

I will now add to it.

If the university, fans, and state all genuinely care about the program, then we will trust that Bo is doing this for the betterment of the team and not just in spite of some reporters or former players, and quite hissy fittin about something so completely irrelevant. Like the booster from North Platte, sometimes the best thing to do if you really care is to step back and not say anything at all.

Agree.

FYI: The North Platte booster later said his comments were taken out of context.

It is. This is all true.

I will now add to it.

Agree.

FYI: The North Platte booster later said his comments were taken out of context.

Don't make comments and they can't be taken out of context ;)

It is. This is all true.

I will now add to it.

Agree.

Don't make comments and they can't be taken out of context ;)

Yes. This is the point. If you really care, you dont say anything at all that could be used in such a manner. As I said in that particular thread-keep your mouth shut and write the checks. lol. Thanks landlord.

You are correct in your assessment but Bo is not beholden to us to make sure the state or fan base is 100% happy 100% of the time

You are correct in your assessment but Bo is not beholden to us to make sure the state or fan base is 100% happy 100% of the time

We're all happy here.

post-9116-Terminator-tries-to-smile-gif-se4R.gif