SIGNED QB Zack Darlington

knapplc

"Sometimes I read on those Husker message boards that Bo Pelini doesn't recruit well and this and that," said Richard Darlington, Zack's father and also his head coach at Apopka (Fla.) High School.

"Let me tell you about Bo: He tells the truth," the elder Darlington said. "He's straight-up with people. I respect that. Most schools are a bunch of B.S. I don't want a bunch of bells and whistles and promises. That's not what it's about; it's about being real."

LJS Article

• Fire 3

"Sometimes I read on those Husker message boards that Bo Pelini doesn't recruit well and this and that," said Richard Darlington, Zack's father and also his head coach at Apopka (Fla.) High School.

"Let me tell you about Bo: He tells the truth," the elder Darlington said. "He's straight-up with people. I respect that. Most schools are a bunch of B.S. I don't want a bunch of bells and whistles and promises. That's not what it's about; it's about being real."

LJS Article

Yeah I thought that was such a great quote. You would think that getting quality kids here from families with this kind of attitude and character would have to pay off eventually, right? I think we will be seeing dividends real soon.

I just hope that these guys are willing to buy their time and sit for awhile before starting, its looking like theres a chance it could look something like Armstrong will be a RsJr when he gets a chance to start, if he starts for 2 years then Stanton would be a RsSoph when he when he gets the nod, then Darlington would be RsSr when he gets the starting gig. Thats some serious waiting Darlington.

I agree with you, but think Armstrong will probably transfer next year unless he is the starter. Just because of how pro-husker Stanton and it seems like Darlington is, I don't see them leaving.

There is no way on Tom Osborne's green earth that Tommy Armstrong isn't the starter next year.

lee-corso1.jpg

You have no clue if that will be the case, did you or anyone think Lee was going to be surpassed by a redshirt freshman in Taylor? To say that Stanton absolutely has no shot at starting is disrespectful and a clear oversight of what Bo has proven in not necessarily taking the most experienced but the most fitting or the most explosive. We have no clue how the qb cookie will crumble next year but I'm extremely excited to find out.

lee-corso1.jpg

You have no clue if that will be the case, did you or anyone think Lee was going to be surpassed by a redshirt freshman in Taylor? To say that Stanton absolutely has no shot at starting is disrespectful and a clear oversight of what Bo has proven in not necessarily taking the most experienced but the most fitting or the most explosive. We have no clue how the qb cookie will crumble next year but I'm extremely excited to find out.

Agreed. Plus no one knows how the injury bug may play a factor. Injuries have historically had a major impact on who starts.

lee-corso1.jpg

Agreed. Plus no one knows how the injury bug may play a factor. Injuries have historically had a major impact on who starts.

With Darlington being here second semester it's going to get real interesting. The papers won't need to make up anything to write about.

Do you think it will be open season for all the qbs or a two horse race between stanton and armstrong? Or just Armstrong the whole way, EZ?

Based on what was just said about a redshirt freshman starting over Lee 3 years ago, I would say that it will be a completely open competition. Bo is not afraid to stick his neck out and play the best player at that position.

Do you think it will be open season for all the qbs or a two horse race between stanton and armstrong? Or just Armstrong the whole way, EZ?

Based on what was just said about a redshirt freshman starting over Lee 3 years ago, I would say that it will be a completely open competition. Bo is not afraid to stick his neck out and play the best player at that position.

Just imagine the full page spread in the paper the day of the spring game going over the Armstrong/Stanton/Darlington competition.

With how well we have recruited this position, it should be open. However, Armstrong should absolutely put a strangle hold on it this season because he SHOULD and I say SHOULD be the only QB with live game experience. Our schedule lends itself to be able to play the second string guy a lot this season. Wasting Stanton's RS would be dumb. Armstrong should be the front runner, but with the work ethic of all three we will have no shortage of competition.

Ohio St just picked up their QB, Stephen Collier. I guess after Collier camped at Ohio St, they offered. They already missed out on Allen, Kizer, and Darlington, and they must have been nervous that Harris would not leave the south.

Harris tweeted he is still considering Ohio St, but I don't think they take two QBs. Harris is most likely going to LSU or Auburn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...