Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

The guy has completely changed his demeanor on the sidelines and in front of the press! This wasn't in front of the press for crying out loud, he was recorded "secretly" and had no idea. So what if he felt that way at the time, behind closed doors I've said things about my boss and other people I wouldn't want them to hear. I was venting, knew I didn't mean it, but said it anyways. Am I happy with what he said? No, no I'm not, but I'm not going to skewer the guy and say he needs to go for this. This situation stinks, I don't like it, and screw the guy/gal that released this stuff to satisfy their personal agenda. I hope this team rallies around this situation and their coach and kicks the ever living **** out of any of the teams that line up across from them. He needs to change his coaching staff up, but he doesn't need to go.

And if you'll read my posts, you'll see that I've said this isn't a fireable offense. What I've said is that this isn't a surprise and I don't believe he is sorry for one second. He has too much history for me to believe otherwise. He's changed in front of the media? Jeez, it was just last season after a big comeback win against Wisconsin that he said in his post game presser "Contrary to what some of you think, I haven't forgotten how to stop the run". That's not learning, that's being needlessly combative. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Bo is his own worst enemy.

Finally, hey, I've vented before too. But you know what? I'm not going to sit back and say I didn't mean it, because when you are that angry that you are dropping f bombs every other second... that's when the true feelings come out, because you are too emotional to keep them covered. You may wish you hadn't said it, but you know you meant it. And the funny thing is, if you listen to the actual audio, he doesn't even sound that mad. It sounds alarmingly matter of fact.

• Fire 3

The guy has completely changed his demeanor on the sidelines and in front of the press! This wasn't in front of the press for crying out loud, he was recorded "secretly" and had no idea. So what if he felt that way at the time, behind closed doors I've said things about my boss and other people I wouldn't want them to hear. I was venting, knew I didn't mean it, but said it anyways. Am I happy with what he said? No, no I'm not, but I'm not going to skewer the guy and say he needs to go for this. This situation stinks, I don't like it, and screw the guy/gal that released this stuff to satisfy their personal agenda. I hope this team rallies around this situation and their coach and kicks the ever living **** out of any of the teams that line up across from them. He needs to change his coaching staff up, but he doesn't need to go.

And if you'll read my posts, you'll see that I've said this isn't a fireable offense. What I've said is that this isn't a surprise and I don't believe he is sorry for one second. He has too much history for me to believe otherwise. He's changed in front of the media? Jeez, it was just last season after a big comeback win against Wisconsin that he said in his post game presser "Contrary to what some of you think, I haven't forgotten how to stop the run". That's not learning, that's being needlessly combative. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Bo is his own worst enemy.

Finally, hey, I've vented before too. But you know what? I'm not going to sit back and say I didn't mean it, because when you are that angry that you are dropping f bombs every other second... that's when the true feelings come out, because you are too emotional to keep them covered. You may wish you hadn't said it, but you know you meant it. And the funny thing is, if you listen to the actual audio, he doesn't even sound that mad. It sounds alarmingly matter of fact.

I honestly don't care much anymore about what he said about the fair-weather fans...apart of me thinks he is right. Should he have used f'bombs to express his feelings? No....but I've been to plenty of damn games and sat around in plenty of areas....and there are plenty of fans that sit on their butts and don't cheer the team worth a sh#t....and it makes me sad. I am the one yelling, trying to rally ones around me...and at times, it is useless. There are plenty of loud-cheering fans at memorial stadium too, but I don't care for fair-weather fans at all. I am more pissed now about the jackass that released this audio that not only hurts Pelini, but it hurts the program.

I just WANT NEB TO WIN! TO PLAY WELL! TO COMPETE! If those things happen......what he said 2 years ago won't matter much to me anymore....and as the days go by...it isn't mattering much to me like it first did. If the blow-out losses continue...I don't mind seeing changes at all. Bring them on....as scary as that may sound, it may do some good, but it also may come with grave consequences......

Bringing up the fact that he said he doesn't want to be here in the tape is also a moot point. He said that TWO YEARS ago. A lot can change in two years. Was what he said bad? Absolutely. But it should not be the reason to fire him. Fire him for his on field performance. Don't fire him because he said something in private that was recorded.

He's on a very short leash now. I can't see Eichorst or Perlman letting this go without some internal punishment. But it would be sad to see a coach the players love leave because their punishment burns bridges and makes it so he can't coach here effectively.

Yes, such as a series of blowout losses that lower your stock to the point that a BCS head coaching job will not be in your future post-Nebraska. You're right, a lot has happened in 2 years. Bo went from being a sought after, up and coming coach to someone no one will touch. He'll now have to take the FCS route Petrino style. He doesn't have the "i'm on my way out the door" attitude anymore, because he has $3.5 million reasons it's no longer possible for him.

• Fire 1

OK Knapplc; maybe we should set up a page to pledge our support for Bo and then once we are all on record (those that elect to do so) send it to Perlman and S Eichorst. We don't have to say anything that implies we are happy with the results such as UCLA final (we need to get better) but we can say that this recording is bullsh#t and if we use this failed attempt to tear Bo down because we are unhappy with his field results, then we are no better than the perpetrator themselves!

Or maybe you can set up a pole to see if the majority here at HB is going to still support Bo or it's ime to go?

Oh well, I don't know if this is a good idea but just thinking.

I guess Bo can say it best by having his team go out and throttle everyone in our path from here on out! Nothing more to prove to anyone.

I bet most people wold be shocked at how many coaches have an f the fans mentality. Especially when its all about that team 24/7/365 (nu football kansas basketball, ) and I ask how many people said f you Bo after a game or wanted to put up for sale signs. Are you really any better?

The greater the fan obsession, the higher the coach's salary.

I read the first 14 pages last night and haven't read the remaining yet. But I still haven't seen anyone point out Bo's hypocrisy.

He cites being pissed off at the fans for leaving and booing, and then he goes on to say ""Our crowd. What a bunch of ****ing fair-weather ****ing—they can all kiss my ass out the ****ing door. 'Cause the day is ****ing coming now. We'll see what they can do when I'm ****ing gone. "

So he's pissed off and cites them leaving because things were down, and then he points out how he's going to leave the program. That's hypocrisy in it's finest moment.

The whole thing shines a bright light on the man's character.

The below quotes are from this recent article: http://www.omaha.com...SKERS/130729340

“It's important to realize, more than ever, that kids are looking for role models,” Osborne said.

Osborne referenced consistency in everything you do, such as poise on the sideline “when things are falling apart.” And if you're looking for good character and principles in your athletes, you'd better show it in your own personal life and day-to-day actions. “You have to model the behavior that you want,” Osborne said.

Grant Teaff said that trickle-down effect can go beyond those inside the walls of the program. He recalled how his Baylor team was treated with respect during a visit to Memorial Stadium, which moved him to write a letter to the Lincoln newspaper the following week. “I have always believed fans are a reflection of a team's coach,” he said.

This isn't about how this was a low-blow releasing it at this time; it's not his use of the foul language; it's about his moral character and seeing what's on the inside of the man. Integrity is about doing the right thing when no one is looking, and that especially holds true when you are a mentor, a teacher, and a coach at Nebraska.

I don't really care if Bo goes but I could also say that he's run a tighter ship than Tom, hasn't let us become known as a thuggish, win-at-all-cost program like Tom did. I still love Tom, just pointing out that the good old days weren't as good folks like to remember and Bo has strengths to go with his faults.

I bet most people wold be shocked at how many coaches have an f the fans mentality. Especially when its all about that team 24/7/365 (nu football kansas basketball, ) and I ask how many people said f you Bo after a game or wanted to put up for sale signs. Are you really any better?

If this was the only thing Bo had going against him, it would be brushed under the rug. I'm surprised no one's mentioned it (i read all 19 pages this morning so maybe I missed it), but I don't see this as much different than Gundy's media rant defending a player 4 or 5 years back. The "I'm a man" thing. It was public, it was direct at the media (technically just an extension of the fans), and it made cast the university in a somewhat negative light. I'd say this is a little worse, but not by much. The difference is Gundy was leading a program in the right direction, Pelini is leading this program in the wrong direction. Can that be changed? Not my decision to make. I think at this point though we are far, far away from where we ended 2009. That's over 3 seasons of a declining team. It's not really something that can be denied anymore.

Bringing up the fact that he said he doesn't want to be here in the tape is also a moot point. He said that TWO YEARS ago. A lot can change in two years. Was what he said bad? Absolutely. But it should not be the reason to fire him. Fire him for his on field performance. Don't fire him because he said something in private that was recorded.

He's on a very short leash now. I can't see Eichorst or Perlman letting this go without some internal punishment. But it would be sad to see a coach the players love leave because their punishment burns bridges and makes it so he can't coach here effectively.

Yes, such as a series of blowout losses that lower your stock to the point that a BCS head coaching job will not be in your future post-Nebraska. You're right, a lot has happened in 2 years. Bo went from being a sought after, up and coming coach to someone no one will touch. He'll now have to take the FCS route Petrino style. He doesn't have the "i'm on my way out the door" attitude anymore, because he has $3.5 million reasons it's no longer possible for him.

1) I don't think Bo would have any problem finding a BCS head coaching job. Comparing him to Petrino is ridiculous.

2) Is your argument so weak that you feel the need to augment his salary 25 percent?

I don't really care if Bo goes but I could also say that he's run a tighter ship than Tom, hasn't let us become known as a thuggish, win-at-all-cost program like Tom did. I still love Tom, just pointing out that the good old days weren't as good folks like to remember and Bo has strengths to go with his faults.

Blasphemy! haha - waiting for you to get crucified for this post in 5, 4, 3...

1) I don't think Bo would have any problem finding a BCS head coaching job. Comparing him to Petrino is ridiculous.

2) Is your argument so weak that you feel the need to augment his salary 25 percent?

At a bottom dweller Big East team maybe

2.875 million with a potential for 1 million in bonuses. Getting to the B1G championship gets him pretty close to 3.5. - and that was 2012 Salary.

2.875 + 200k (reaching B1G) + 150k (non-bcs bowl) = 3.225...sorry I was so far off, but I was closer than you.

• Fire 1

At a bottom dweller Big East team maybe

2.875 million with a potential for 1 million in bonuses. Getting to the B1G championship gets him pretty close to 3.5. - and that was 2012 Salary.

Close is only good in horseshoes and hand grenades. It's OK, I know you were wrong on both counts.