Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

This was recorded just under 2 years ago. Remember that. Not yesterday. 2 years ago. Remember the circumstances surrounding that game? Dirk ripping Martinez and so on and so on.

What's the intentions in releasing this now? Why not after NW 2011? Michigan 2011? After losses last year?

Not saying it's not disturbing, but the timing is a bit odd.

I'm pretty certain of two things:

1. This audio was released by someone with an agenda, and the timing is not a coincidence.

2. Everyone vents. I've said some pretty awful things about people close to me in private before, Bo is an emotional guy, so the fact that he went off on NU's fans (after a pretty pathetic showing by said fans) is not surprising.

Seriously - who's the turd in the punch bowl who released this just now? This tape exists for nearly two years - but it's released now.

Agreed, but unfortunately this is the world we live in and someone who knows politics is likely behind it. Bo is no politician and in this day in age you need to be one as a head coach.

Guys, this kind of attitude is unacceptable. Obviously we know the problem. It's Bo. His attitude reflects on the players. Their performance is a direct reflection of their head coach. This recording is huge and could cost him his job. Anything said or done in recent memory can cost you your job. How should this be any different? F#ck the fans? No, we pay you. The boosters probably won't be happy about this either.

Guys, this kind of attitude is unacceptable. Obviously we know the problem. It's Bo. His attitude reflects on the players. Their performance is a direct reflection of their head coach. This recording is huge and could cost him his job.

I would say his performances of the last 5 losses is what should cost him his job. This is just the straw.