Jay Foreman's Thoughts

Sker4Ever

Pretty interesting take. Found the last couple sentences to be telling...

"I find it admirable that all of his former players came to bat for him which tells me his players are really down for him regardless of what the perception is BUT not one of those players understood or understands the "Nebraska way." Not because they didn't want to but because it wasn't made available to them or maybe a little of both."

http://jayforeman56.com/%22BO-Gate%22

Pretty interesting take. Found the last couple sentences to be telling...

"I find it admirable that all of his former players came to bat for him which tells me his players are really down for him regardless of what the perception is BUT not one only a few of those players understood or understands the "Nebraska way." Not because they didn't want to but because it wasn't made available to them or maybe a little of both."

http://jayforeman56.com/%22BO-Gate%22

I think I fixed that for Jay...

I think some players want to know "the nebraska way" and do research and ask questions to people who know b/c they want to know. Honestly i think its something every incoming player should be taught. Kind of a "voluntary" class they HAVE to go through. Bring in former players, coaches, etc. Show them videos and interviews of players, coaches, fans, etc. Introduce them to what is expected being a player for the Huskers.

I absolutely believe this statement by Foreman to be true! NU coaches need to embrace and listen to those who have achieved the success of Husker tradition. Shutting out players like TF and JP because they disagree with you is not productive. They have insight. They can have constructive input. These two individuals simply say what many other Husker fans are thinking. Maybe being a good listener is a positive quality for a head coach?

I find it admirable that all of his former players came to bat for him which tells me his players are really down for him regardless of what the perception is BUT not one of those players understood or understands the "Nebraska way." Not because they didn't want to but because it wasn't made available to them or maybe a little of both.

I absolutely believe this statement by Foreman to be true! NU coaches need to embrace and listen to those who have achieved the success of Husker tradition. Shutting out players like TF and JP because they disagree with you is not productive. They have insight. They can have constructive input. These two individuals simply say what many other Husker fans are thinking. Maybe being a good listener is a positive quality for a head coach?

So you expect Bo to agree with Tommie when he calls on him to fire a bunch of his assistants? Why? Did Tommie show he knows a lot about coaching?

I normally like listening to Jay and do agree with some of what he had to say. I just don't know what he means that current and former players don't understand "the Nebraska way". I guess the only one's that understand this are the one's that played in the 90's. :facepalm:

I think Jay believes it would be beneficial to have an influential player from Osborne's era to be a link with the current team. I think he's referring to a role perhaps like Stai. I don't know that it would need to be someone like Frazier or J Peter, but I think that's the type of situation Foreman is alluding to. I understand where Jay is coming from, and I like the things Jay writes. I find Foreman to be insightful and generally complimentary toward Pelini.