Whole NU staff knows who leaked tape

People need to just let this dog lie and drop it. There's zero reason to out this person IMO

Couldn't disagree more. This person publicized an out of context 2 year old audio tape (in other words, irrelevant) to try to destroy another person when they were most vulnerable. In the process, this person could have endangered not only Pelini's career, but also his person and his family. This person has damaged our university's reputation nationwide (and don't try to act like this is unique, I guarantee most coaches out there have privately f-bombed some aspect of their program), potentially cost the university a lot of money, distracted our team, and attempted to derail the season of our AD's most important program.

I have no problem whatsoever with this person being outed and made a pariah.

But you're ok with it happening to someone else. Gotchya. No good is going to come of this persons name being leaked. It's only going to make an already bad situation into a serious cluster f#*k of a problem for everyone

Hey everybody. I think I know who it is, and it is crazy and huge if it is ... but I can't say.

Signed,

Don't ask, because I don't want attention, I'm just saying.

You stole my next post Q!!! Damn you. Now what am i supposed to post. Oh wait, I just got a text from my buddy who he heard the tipster was. Guess I dont have to try and get Flood to tell me.

Btw---Nobody pm me to try and find out b/c its top secret NSA/CIA type stuff and I dont want to be shot. That means you too Qmany, dont pm me! Thanks everybody, I'm sorry I cant say who I heard it might be.

P.S. Just ignore the entire post i just wrote. I probably shouldnt have even mentioned i heard who it was if i cant say. And in my best "i feel so good because i have gotten my attention for the day" voice, GBR.

But you're ok with it happening to someone else. Gotchya. No good is going to come of this persons name being leaked. It's only going to make an already bad situation into a serious cluster f#*k of a problem for everyone

Three words: Intent. To. Harm.

Those three words do not apply to what Pelini said. They apply to this leaker though. There is no room for fifth columns in this program. Those who mean to do harm to the program or anyone associated with it must be punished, period.

• Fire 2

People need to just let this dog lie and drop it. There's zero reason to out this person IMO

Couldn't disagree more. This person publicized an out of context 2 year old audio tape (in other words, irrelevant) to try to destroy another person when they were most vulnerable. In the process, this person could have endangered not only Pelini's career, but also his person and his family. This person has damaged our university's reputation nationwide (and don't try to act like this is unique, I guarantee most coaches out there have privately f-bombed some aspect of their program), potentially cost the university a lot of money, distracted our team, and attempted to derail the season of our AD's most important program.

I have no problem whatsoever with this person being outed and made a pariah.

Nope. No problem here. eye for eye bitches. You hit me, I'll hit you harder. Accountabiltiy. Accountafrigginbility.

Found this on one of the other boards..

"Just got back from a Husker Luncheon hosted by Steve Sipple and the first question from the audience obviously was regarding the "audio leak", I was surprised that he answered so quickly that Yes, he knew who it was, and the whole staff is now aware of him. Bo was almost giddy when he found out, but Steve was unsure going forward how they would proceed and whether we would ever be told his identity. He made it sound as though he was a young person with an axe to grind and now could find himself cornered into an awkward position."

Duh. I am calling BS on posters who claim they know. Nothing is sacred here. NU fans have been through it all.

Okay, sorry, one last post. I don't like being accused as an attention who're.

A couple minutes ago I took photos that will prove I have real, good information, if or when the identity comes out.

I will post my proof then, if it is correct. If not, I will admit I am wrong and an innocent person will have been spared.

again I am really torn about whether this should ever be revealed anyway. Seems like no good could come of it.

Best wishes,

Flood

A couple minutes ago I took photos that will prove I have real, good information, if or when the identity comes out.

I will post my proof then, if it is correct. If not, I will admit I am wrong and an innocent person will have been spared.

again I am really torn about whether this should ever be revealed anyway. Seems like no good could come of it.

Best wishes,

Flood

i guess I am skeptical. There are probably about 5 people that it could be that would send shockwaves. I could take pictures with date stamps of those 5. Why post that you have info. that everyone wants and then not release it? Would have been best to never go there in the first place.

Best wishes,

Flood

you can stop anytime

• Fire 2

Nope. No problem here. eye for eye bitches. You hit me, I'll hit you harder. Accountabiltiy. Accountafrigginbility.

I get it - your name is Mr. Accountability! Right?

Jokes aside, I don't care to know who this person is for any other reason than sheer curiosity. Though it's clear what their intentions were, what's the point? Anybody who treats him/her poorly is just sinking to that already low level. The biggest fail of the whole thing is that Pelini's job is secure (for now) and this could very well be used as the ultimate rallying point for the team (not like they needed anymore kicks in the ass).

I'm sure every single other football coach in the history of college athletics has said similar things about their fan bases, he just got caught. And he did have a point - a lot of fans do really, really suck. Doesn't excuse what he did, obviously, but what he said is still a far bigger deal to me than the guy who released it. Truth be told, I'm over the whole situation and just don't care. I get Husker football for about 13 games a year and I'm trying to enjoy each one before they're gone again.

Everyone is curious to know who the leaker was. But it is in everyone's best interest to stop posting rumors, innuendo, anything at all. Let that information come from credible sources, as AR Husker Fan posted here.

There are an exceedingly small amount of things that can go right with such a search by rank-and-file fans like us, but there are a multitude of things which can go very, very wrong.

A recent example, for those who may have missed it:

Boston bombing: How internet detectives got it very wrong

Internet users tried for days to piece together clues about the culprits of the Boston bombings. The result? They got it wrong - and left innocent people fearing for their safety. Many are now asking: should "crowd-sourced investigations" be stopped?

Thousands have been tirelessly picking through the evidence - every piece of video footage, every photo, every eyewitness account they can get their hands on.

But this investigation wasn't within the confidential confines of the FBI or local police.

No, these sleuths were working in public - discussing their theories and "leads" within massive communities such as Reddit, 4Chan, Facebook and Twitter.

I encourage everyone who even thinks about pursuing this line of inquiry to read that full article.