Whole NU staff knows who leaked tape

I will say a couple things: The name I alluded to earlier is NOT the same as the person being named in this round of Twitter rumors. I think it is wise to take all this with a huge grain of salt. The so-called accused, on the latest Twitter-fest, has a lot on the line. Reputation, credibility, an income, probably a family, and a future career.

Until UTTERLY INDISPUTABLE proof emerges, I would suggest we all stay far, far away from this. The risk of damage to an innocent person is far too great.

If my original sources and ideas are later proved to be correct, I will happily share my proof from that time, which is irrefutable--but only irrefutable if it is correct.

Remember, these people have lives, families, and their own concerns. The current accused person named on Twitter seems to have no reason to have leaked such a thing and I would be utterly stunned if the info was accurate. It sounds more like he pissed off the wrong person who then used his name to stir up something unrelated.

After a long time to think about it, this leaker storm has abated, mostly, with very little damage to the school, Bo, the fanbase, or anyone. I would actually prefer it disappear and never be brought up again.

Who among us hasn't, in what should have been a private moment, NOT said something that could devastate a close family member, boss, wife or husband? It happens to all of us.

All my respect,

Flood

• Fire 3

Flood, this isn't a rumor started by any joe schmo fan. The initial tweet was sent by Joe Brokemeier (former player) retweeted by Will Compton, Kenny Bell and Coach Ganz and some other players also. You really think coaches and players would get involved, publicly over twitter, if they weren't pretty certain this was the guy?

• Fire 1
I will say a couple things: The name I alluded to earlier is NOT the same as the person being named in this round of Twitter rumors. I think it is wise to take all this with a huge grain of salt. The so-called accused, on the latest Twitter-fest, has a lot on the line. Reputation, credibility, an income, probably a family, and a future career.

Until UTTERLY INDISPUTABLE proof emerges, I would suggest we all stay far, far away from this. The risk of damage to an innocent person is far too great.

If my original sources and ideas are later proved to be correct, I will happily share my proof from that time, which is irrefutable--but only irrefutable if it is correct.

Remember, these people have lives, families, and their own concerns. The current accused person named on Twitter seems to have no reason to have leaked such a thing and I would be utterly stunned if the info was accurate. It sounds more like he pissed off the wrong person who then used his name to stir up something unrelated.

After a long time to think about it, this leaker storm has abated, mostly, with very little damage to the school, Bo, the fanbase, or anyone. I would actually prefer it disappear and never be brought up again.

Who among us hasn't, in what should have been a private moment, NOT said something that could devastate a close family member, boss, wife or husband? It happens to all of us.

All my respect,

Flood

Everything you mentioned in the above our head coach has to think about as well. Bo has a family and a career. This puke took a huge swipe at it. Not only that, Bo has to think about his assistant coaches as they would likely be in search of employment as well and the student-athletes. The idiot who leaked the tape had a huge lapse in judgement and needs to apologize. Plain and simple. Had he leaked it that week, fine. But he waiting to years? Get out of here.

When I made my original posts, the "supposed" guilty party at least had an obvious axe to grind.

In this case, I don't see the axe, but I am far from the city of Lincoln.

My main concern is this: All of these accusations on Twitter and elsewhere are blowing up in the middle of the night. This person is probably sleeping the night away in peace. And may wake to find that his life has been destroyed.

If the info is accurate, maybe that is okay. It is certainly not for you or me to decide. And who is to say that current players, former players, and coaches are not getting the SAME bad information from one another and the same sites that results in an echo chamber effect. This is very dangerous ground. I abhor it.

I have legit reasons for believing the info I was privy to. I imagine the source of this does, too. Perhaps one of us has the right info, perhaps not. It is the "perhaps not" that scares me beyond belief. What if I am right, and the other is wrong? What if neither is right? There is way too much on the line for this to be taken lightly.

Again, please remember, these are people, real people, with families, careers, incomes, and reputations. I would hope you would all offer me the same respect, and I KNOW I would do so for you, even though I do not know anyone personally.

Surely we can take a couple days to see where this leads, if anywhere at all.

All respect,

Flood

• Fire 1