Whole NU staff knows who leaked tape

Nobody is ignoring that Pelini said what he said. You are ignoring the fact that he just came off the biggest comeback in Husker history and had half the stadium leave and the other half booing their own team. Yeah I wouldn't be to frickin happy with my fanbase either. I promise the comments he made were actually quite calm compared to the tounge lashing I myself would've unleashed were I in his position. Cut the man some slack, re-evaluate your commitment to Husker Nation and lets move past this and hope for a win this week against a better than you think SDSU. GBR!

But what are fans supposed to do? Should one just not show up, and put the sellout streak at risk, to voice displeasure. Should they just sit there quietly after quarters of trying to provide positive energy/cheering only to have it not result in improved plan (in the second half of that game, once the team started playing, the fans did become a positive in regards to energy level)? Or are you advocating that nobody should ever "boo" anyone at a sporting event because everyone should just be happy they have their health?

" But what are fans supposed to do? Should one just not show up, and put the sellout streak at risk, to voice displeasure. Should they just sit there quietly after quarters of trying to provide positive energy/cheering only to have it not result in improved plan (in the second half of that game, once the team started playing, the fans did become a positive in regards to energy level)? Or are you advocating that nobody should ever "boo" anyone at a sporting event because everyone should just be happy they have their health? "

It's acceptable to be upset or disagree with your team. It is acceptable to leave said game whenever you please. But to claim to be the Greatest Fans in College Football and treat our team and staff the way we do at times is not acceptable if we are to carry this moniker.

" But what are fans supposed to do? Should one just not show up, and put the sellout streak at risk, to voice displeasure. Should they just sit there quietly after quarters of trying to provide positive energy/cheering only to have it not result in improved plan (in the second half of that game, once the team started playing, the fans did become a positive in regards to energy level)? Or are you advocating that nobody should ever "boo" anyone at a sporting event because everyone should just be happy they have their health? "

It's acceptable to be upset or disagree with your team. It is acceptable to leave said game whenever you please. But to claim to be the Greatest Fans in College Football and treat our team and staff the way we do at times is not acceptable if we are to carry this moniker.

I hear ya. But shouldn't it be somewhat of a two-way street? I mean, a coach can't put out a subpar (by my Husker standards) product and not expect to hear about it from, at least, some fans. On the flip side, the coach can't blame the fans for them caring too much when that same caring works to your advantage. (I'm not necessarily referring to two-year old comments. Bo's had a pattern of being less than complimentary of the Husker fan base, at least through the media.)

(It'd probably be best to read this in Morgan Freeman's voice)

I also know who the leaker is.... I'm breaking bread with the ba$ta^d right now. I would like to tell all of you who it is, but it could hurt an innocent person. I am positive, that it is possible, it could be this person sitting in front of me eating their waffles through the paper bag we had to put over their head to conceal their identity. Between the conversation, and maple syrup, it's getting awfully sticky around here. When the time is right, I will reveal this ba$ta^d for who they may or may not be. Did I put a paper bag over the head of an innocent Nebraskan? Definitely not.... but it's possible....

Nobody is ignoring that Pelini said what he said. You are ignoring the fact that he just came off the biggest comeback in Husker history and had half the stadium leave and the other half booing their own team. Yeah I wouldn't be to frickin happy with my fanbase either. I promise the comments he made were actually quite calm compared to the tounge lashing I myself would've unleashed were I in his position. Cut the man some slack, re-evaluate your commitment to Husker Nation and lets move past this and hope for a win this week against a better than you think SDSU. GBR!

PLEASE stop saying that. It wasn't anywhere close to that. I was there. I remember it. The stadium was still very full and the crowd was very very loud in the second half during the come back. the boo birds weren't anywhere close to 1/2 the stadium.

• Fire 2

Nobody is ignoring that Pelini said what he said. You are ignoring the fact that he just came off the biggest comeback in Husker history and had half the stadium leave and the other half booing their own team. Yeah I wouldn't be to frickin happy with my fanbase either. I promise the comments he made were actually quite calm compared to the tounge lashing I myself would've unleashed were I in his position.

THis is 100% inaccurate

Half the stadium didnt leave

Remember it was a little cold and blowing mist too. The weather had changed for the worse and yep there may be a few guys who brought their wives who got that "honey can we leave now" look

Less than 10% did leave, most of them students

Half the stadium wasnt booing

Im guessing it was a loud less than 10%

It hurts your credibility, just like it hurts the Martinez fanatics credibility those that wont acknowledge that there can be polite and respectful discussions about the QBs abilities without it being "hate speech" or a hate crime or that you hate the player, his family , race, area of the country he came from etc etc

• Fire 2

It hurts your credibility, just like it hurts the Martinez fanatics credibility those that wont acknowledge that there can be polite and respectful discussions about the QBs abilities without it being "hate speech" or a hate crime or that you hate the player, his family , race, area of the country he came from etc etc

I find it funny that you at once condemn the hyperbole of "half the stadium left, the other half booed" while in the next breath hyperbolize about "Martinez fanatics" and the rest.

How do you condemn one act yet commit the other?

Those who mean to do harm to the program or anyone associated with it must be punished, period.

Could that also be interpreted as a coach who consistently reveals himself as an a-hole in private, creates his own public problems for the state and university, puts an embarrassing product on national television, blames everyone but himself in a profane tirade, then having supposedly calmed down actively campaigns for other HC positions, at which point he would presumably leave Nebraska in the lurch with a pipeline of defensive recruits who can't be trusted to make adjustments to one of the worst defeneses in the NCAA?

I'm asking for a friend.

• Fire 2

I only accept Bo's comments if he has the opposite reaction the other 99% of games where the fans are perfectly fine.

"Great guy. The whole World Herald. Tom Shatel-- great f'ing guy too. He stayed for my whole press conference? Remind me to send them all f'ing Christmas cards, Chris. You know what? It took everything in my power not to climb into those stands and give f'ing hugs to those fans. Great fans. f'ing love em. Our crowd... what a bunch of f'ing respectful f'ing... they can all come to my f'ing annual barbeque, 'cause the day is f'ing coming now. I'm so f'ing grateful."

"Your guys showed some guts tonight..."

"It's a character team."

• Fire 3

Sorry, I didnt poll everyone who got up that day about whether they were taking a leak or leaving in disgust. OKAY it wasnt half. Yikes. But it was a testament to how nasy SOME of our fanbase can be, even at the games and not just hiding behind a keyboard.

I got a clipboard and pen I could loan you for Saturday. But you might want to add a third category for fans leaving is disgust and also taking a leak. :lol: