Do we still like the Big 10?

First, OU and KU are NOT joining B1G, as cool as that could be. Maybe Mizzou since leaving the SEC is surprisingly easy for a school to do. If there truly is an interest from OU Id be shocked.

Now that we are going to a new divisional setup it feels more like the old Big 8 which is great. And no offense Bucky but I was really pulling for PSU to replace Iowa as our Black friday game. I just felt it couldve become a marquee B1G matchup. With that said it looks like Wisconsin is going to be an even more suitable rival so this should be nice.

To those complaining about our performance on the field, our record is staying the same while playing better on field competition. Granted the losses have been embarassing but long term this will make us a stronger unit. Look at the young raw Defense we have and tell me they wont be fearsome in a year or two.

What I miss about Big 12? Smacking K-State in the mouth every year. Setting CU back 5 years every time we beat them. Making Mizzou players cry. But mostly I miss the fact that Bo could stop the high scoring Big 12 offenses. Was it the personnel? Maybe. But Ive felt if our Blackshirts still played in the Big 12 the last couple years they wouldve been successful. The transition has been rougher than expected.

OvErall yes I am happy with the move, now. The Big 12 is a mess. I just am not a huge fan of Maryland joining. Maybe it will pan out but who knows. Rutgers was expected. Just hope that should we expand further its worth it.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

- Winston Churchill

Did you take this part from the Bo Pelini coaching change thread?

You're going to have to be more specific. There have been about a dozen such threads. :D

I pulled that quote from history. It's a pretty common quote.

If the Big 12 refuses to expand back to 12 teams I truly feel it will die for real this time. SMU and Houston arent sexy choices but maybe the best option logistically. BYU would be good but I feel the PAC would be a better home for the cougars.

I find it extremely unlikely that SMU and/or Houston will voluntarily slam their hands in the car door again by joining a conference with Texas. They got dumped after Texas left the SWC back in 1996. Not seeing any reason they'd leave a brand-new conference to go through that mess again.

I think the conference competition inncrease would boost their recruiting which would be an added bonus. Plus travel costs must be awful now that they are in an eastern based league. Bus to Waco or plane to um wait whose in the American? It would be a hard offer to turn down regardless of history. Money helps heal wounds.

If the Big 12 refuses to expand back to 12 teams I truly feel it will die for real this time. SMU and Houston arent sexy choices but maybe the best option logistically. BYU would be good but I feel the PAC would be a better home for the cougars.

I find it extremely unlikely that SMU and/or Houston will voluntarily slam their hands in the car door again by joining a conference with Texas. They got dumped after Texas left the SWC back in 1996. Not seeing any reason they'd leave a brand-new conference to go through that mess again.

The AAC automatic bcs berth got taken away. now they are no better than being in conference usa.

• Fire 1

meh.... put me in the Kansas city group of posters and underwhelmed. miss the b8 and never liked the b12 or b10 before, always thought of the b10 as a underachiever, now we are the under achiever in the b10...now no easy travel games, games on the radio, etc... with the way college football in general is going I am kinda losing interest after 40 years

I hate the Big Ten, Big 12 is better for several reasons, I've made my case several times before. Our program, football-wise, is not in as good of a spot as it was before. Of course, $$$$-wise we're way richer which is all that matters in the real world.

Still bitter.

• Fire 1