Do we still like the Big 10?

I miss some of the opposing Big 12 fans that would post here on a somewhat regular basis.

But we have Bucky

Thanks?

What I like the most how the East has four, FOUR, expansion teams and how the West only has one. We're the real deal.

If Sparty is considered an expansion team after 60 years then I think OSU could be considered an expansion team.

really zero of the B1G East teams are original, continuous members since the skunks took a 10 year hiatus.

Once an expansion team, ALWAYS an expansion team. :D

I'm glad you guys joined and I'm looking forward to playing in the west each year. You guys may not care aside from the Iowa game and it probably feels like the Big 12 North again but I care about all of them except Purdue.

Very cool thing to say ... happy to hear that, especially since we haven't really been on our "A game" since we joined (it's been a while since we've seen that).

I LOVE playing the likes of Michigan, Ohio St, Wisconsin, Penn St, and Michigan State. Heck, I even think the Iowa game will be pretty cool over the long term, given the amount of crap each side likes to talk about the other (nice to be able to finally see it on the field). These are some of the most classic college-football schools in the history of the sport, and I think it's an upgrade to be able to play them every year.

However, I don't care for the addition of Maryland and Rutgers, only because it dilutes what I considered to be the major draw in the first place -- seeing the big-time matchups.

Finally, since someone threw out OU in this thread ... if we somehow restored an OU game every year (if in our division) AND we still got to play a B1G schedule, I honestly don't think there would be anything I'd be left wanting.

I will not hold my breath, however. Too good to be true (for me ... I realize many would not agree with that).

Plus, the Big 12 was never going anywhere, if anything, they would have expanded. How cool would it have been to get rid of CU (they left first) and then pulled in TCU, WVU and a 3rd team.

I still don't understand the West Virginia addition. They're awful in football, it's geographically retarded, and well, it's West Virginia.

Yeah but they have cool uniforms AND it seems like a place that would be fun to visit for a game.

Yeah, if you want to get mouth-raped by hillbillies.

• Fire 1

Plus, the Big 12 was never going anywhere, if anything, they would have expanded. How cool would it have been to get rid of CU (they left first) and then pulled in TCU, WVU and a 3rd team.

I still don't understand the West Virginia addition. They're awful in football, it's geographically retarded, and well, it's West Virginia.

From 2002–2011, the Mountaineer football program yielded its most prolific era to date, producing a 95–33 record. During that span WVU participated in ten bowl games, finished ranked in at least one of the AP or Coaches Polls on seven occasions, won six Big East Conference titles, and produced three BCS bowl game victories. As of the 2012 season, West Virginia was one of only three FBS programs to have won at least nine games in each of the past seven seasons,and its 95 victories between 2002–2011 rank 8th amongst FBS programs.

West Virginia hasn't been awful in football in over a decade, and certainly have done better than the vast majority of FBS teams.

Welp, I'm sold. All those wins in the mighty Big East means they're the real deal.

Yeah but they have cool uniforms AND it seems like a place that would be fun to visit for a game.

Been there

REALLY hard to get to

Unusual place, the area, quite a git different than anywhere Ive ever been to

Dont want to be rude, I'm sure there are plenty of nice people that live there, will leave it at that

They do have quite a fan base, they traveled well to the KO classic back in what 94

I didnt talk to many of them

I'm glad you guys joined and I'm looking forward to playing in the west each year. You guys may not care aside from the Iowa game and it probably feels like the Big 12 North again but I care about all of them except Purdue.

Very cool thing to say ... happy to hear that, especially since we haven't really been on our "A game" since we joined (it's been a while since we've seen that).

I LOVE playing the likes of Michigan, Ohio St, Wisconsin, Penn St, and Michigan State. Heck, I even think the Iowa game will be pretty cool over the long term, given the amount of crap each side likes to talk about the other (nice to be able to finally see it on the field). These are some of the most classic college-football schools in the history of the sport, and I think it's an upgrade to be able to play them every year.

However, I don't care for the addition of Maryland and Rutgers, only because it dilutes what I considered to be the major draw in the first place -- seeing the big-time matchups.

Finally, since someone threw out OU in this thread ... if we somehow restored an OU game every year (if in our division) AND we still got to play a B1G schedule, I honestly don't think there would be anything I'd be left wanting.

I will not hold my breath, however. Too good to be true (for me ... I realize many would not agree with that).

Iowa reminds me of the teams that try to make a rivalry up when there is none

They remind me of wanna bes who try to latch on to something so far above themselves that by doing so, they think they are in that "class"

Ive lived and worked in Central and Eastern Iowa and it is amazing how much they hate NU- and that was back in the 90s

We werent even playing them then- it was 100% jealousy, which is really lame

To be a rivalry the games have to be competitive

Iowa isnt a rivalry, not for me

I could care less if Iowa wins or loses each week and when NU plays them I dont care about it any more, maybe even less than the other games we play

Im not going to "rival" myself against a program like Iowa, what a low bar

Been there

REALLY hard to get to

Unusual place, the area, quite a git different than anywhere Ive ever been to

Dont want to be rude, I'm sure there are plenty of nice people that live there, will leave it at that

They do have quite a fan base, they traveled well to the KO classic back in what 94

I didnt talk to many of them

So it is really that different?

I hate the Big 10. Sorry, but a lot of it is really lame.

Start with the idea that the Big 12 hated Nebraska or that Texas and Oklahoma got all the pub and the glory. I just don't see that argument at all. I was quite happy as a Husker fan. And I didn't see anything happening to Nebraska that the Huskers weren't doing to themselves. Nebraska was seen as one of th etop three in the league based on its historic significance to the league alongside Oklahoma and Texas. We were thought of as being the only team of significance in the North Division. The other North teams had their moments, but it we were always seen as the top team, even if we seemed to be "hibernating" at different points.

Nebraska is not seen as one of the Big 3 in the Big 10. We are fourth and with current results, dropping FAST. Ohio State is the King. Michigan is second. Penn State is seen by many as "hibernating" and Wisky is trying to take our position as the fourth best, along with Northwestern, which will definately be the favorite to beat Nebraska in Lincoln this year. Think about that for a while. Nebraska's tradition and historic significance can't be honored in this new league and even when they try to honor Nebraska in those ways, it comes off weird. Tom Osborne is not an iconic Big 10 coach. I am wondering how many Penn State and Michigan fans flip off their TV sets when TO appears on the talk box. Plenty is my guess. After all, Michigan fans believe they would have beat Frost and Penn State fans are under the dilusion that they could have beaten Tommy and Brook.

We have non-drivable games filling up the slate. That sucks too.

Maybe this all comes down to the fact that my team isn't winning right now. And I am sure that sentence will be bolded in someone's response post. But overall, I have no connection or care for the Big 10. I want the Huskers to win, but I don't feel like Illinois this week is all that exciting. And I can't say that I am looking forward to Nebraska going to Michigan's place more than I would have been if we were headed down to Norman to face the Sooners.

• Fire 2

Take away all of the politics, and I miss the Big 12. It was fun hating Texas and Colorado. Every week I knew who everybody was playing and it was fun to see if CU lost, etc. It will take a long time, but I don't feel the same about the Big 10. Iowa is our "rival" but I never know who they are playing and really don't care.

I think overall the Big 10 was important for NU, but from a football stand point I don't enjoy it. In fact, I don't like all of the conference re-alignment in college football. I don't think it has been good for the game.

• Fire 1
The one thing that I really don't like is how basically my whole life (growing up in the 80s and young adult in the 90s), I HATED the Big 10!!! Now I am supposed to "root" for these teams because we are in the same conference?

It's a free country - root for whoever you want.