Well wishes for Martinez

Junior

I guess it's impossible to have a thread with well wishes for one of our players. I can understand some douchebag fan of another team swooping in to troll this thread. But our own Husker fans piling on? In this thread? About well wishes? That's why we can't have nice things around here. :facepalm:

• Fire 1

ME: "Before I hold you to that comment, you've seen both of them pitch the ball on the option play, right?..."

EZ-E: "Was the option that big of a part of our offense last season???"

ME: "Heavens No! We didn't have anyone at quarterback who could execute it...which brings us right back to: 'you've seen both of them pitch the ball on the option play, right?'"

Let's leave it right there. You get the point.

I guess it's impossible to have a thread with well wishes for one of our players.

You should probably just send a "Thinking of You" card to Martinez next time. It's more personal, and for the price of a stamp, you can filter out all of the rest of us and have a nice thing. :wacko:

3. Quit trolling a Nebraska board and enjoy the past three Rose bowl appearances Wisconsin fans, because as long as Urban is at OSU you aren't sniffing another one for a long, long time....

You're really trying to talk smack about Wisconsin losing in the Rose bowl when we can't even get past being blown out in the ccg of the B1G to earn an appearance?

Guess I missed the idea of this thread. Did not realize it was a tear Taylor apart thread again. Don't we have enough of those.

In honesty, Taylor maybe done for the year, no one knows for sure.

Were talking about a young kid/man that has given since day one. Been dealt a fantastic hand, and then cursed with injuries that are the most lingering in sports. Yet he faced them, played through them, never complained, never whined, went back out there when 99% of the tough guys on this board would have been in the fetal position. Yet played Division 1 football, with out his best talent, and set record after record after record. Improved his game, and led this team to many comeback victories. It is sad that we can not have a single thread that does not become an anti Taylor thread. Yea, you are the best fans, you are Nebraska fans. But mostly a bunch of Dick$ behind a key board talking trash you would never say to his face. Keep it up, your showing just how great of fan you are. Be proud.

• Fire 6

Guess I missed the idea of this thread. Did not realize it was a tear Taylor apart thread again. Don't we have enough of those.

Were talking about a young kid/man that has given since day one. Been dealt a fantastic hand, and then cursed with injuries that are the most lingering in sports. Yet he faced them, played through them, never complained, never whined, went back out there when 99% of the tough guys on this board would have been in the fetal position. Yet played Division 1 football, with out his best talent, and set record after record after record. Improved his game, and led this team to many comeback victories. It is sad that we can not have a single thread that does not become an anti Taylor thread. Yea, you are the best fans, you are Nebraska fans. But mostly a bunch of Dick$ behind a key board talking trash you would never say to his face. Keep it up, your showing just how great of fan you are. Be proud.

+1

3. Quit trolling a Nebraska board and enjoy the past three Rose bowl appearances Wisconsin fans, because as long as Urban is at OSU you aren't sniffing another one for a long, long time....

You're really trying to talk smack about Wisconsin losing in the Rose bowl when we can't even get past being blown out in the ccg of the B1G to earn an appearance?

It was a harmless shot. Relax Whistling Dixie.

This is solid.

+1

A

i wish tmart well but the worst thing that can happen to our offensive is him coming back. we would have to change the offense again in the middle of the season. it's hard enough to change it once.

TA has been protected by the semi-conservative play calling these past two weeks. We can't open up the playbook as much with him as we can TMart.

While you were spot on when talking about some Xs and Os problems with the defense when the offense goes into spread with 10 personeel, I cant agree with you here on the offense.

We cant run speed option with TM- well I guess we could if we wanted to lose yardage or the ball- we can with TA

We run the Power Read, Sweep Read and Jet Read MUCH better with TA than TM- TM isnt a threat to run on any of those plays, so we lose at least a 1 player number advantage on the play

The complimentary plays- the called keeps- we really cant run with a turf toe injured QB who isnt 100%

While we havent made throws to all parts of the field yet, nothing in TAs throwing mechanics lead me to believe he cant make those throws

He made a real nice read on a double post play, not throwing an INT to a robber safety sitting on his first read, hitting the outside post player in single coverage in stride.

Our offense is designed for a QB who can make plays with his feet- even our bread and butter run plays minus the base zone and toss play.

I guess it's impossible to have a thread with well wishes for one of our players.

You should probably just send a "Thinking of You" card to Martinez next time. It's more personal, and for the price of a stamp, you can filter out all of the rest of us and have a nice thing. :wacko:

You just can't take a hint, can you? There must be 50 different threads bashing on Taylor. This thread is from those of us with well wishes for the guy. It's just too bad the thread got polluted by a bunch of childish jackassery. :facepalm:

I miss your 48 career fumbles and 28 interceptions. Get well soon.

Seriously? You couldn't just not say anything? We can't have one thread without the flaming idiots posting crap about a guy who gives everything he has had to his team? He gave up his spring break and summers to seek out individual QB instruction. He played through injury, Pelini berating him on national TV, fans incessantly bitching about him... And never once has said a bad word about the fans. I mean honestly, it's maddening.