CBS Sports has us in the Rose Bowl

ADS

There is a lot of time left, those predictions are trash for the most part. The strech of games in November is something to worry about with regards to our Defense. Maybe CBS Sports should start predicting lotto numbers as well.

***EDIT: Taylor sMartinez***

The likely scenario for us in the Rode Bowl is if we only lose to Michigan, and then Michigan loses back-to-back games to tOSU. Then tOSU goes to the BCSNC game, and we're in the running for the Roses.

HUH?

You think Michigan is going to lose at The Shoe, go to the Big Ten Championship, lose, and we will go to the Rose Bowl? I would say that is the least likely situation that gets us to the Rose Bowl.

So you are presuming they will pick a two-loss team (UCLA and Michigan) who didn't win their division over a two-loss team (tOSU X2) that did win their division and played in the Conference Championship?

We don't have to win our division to make it.

Yes, yes we do.

no we don't. A 10-2 Nebraska team would jump a michigan team that lost twice in a row to tOSU. If you don't read the B1G blog then ill enlighten you. It's easy for a team who loses in their final CCG to get trumped from a BCS. If Michigan and Nebraska are both 10-2, MI beat us head to head, and then lost twice to tOSU, Nebraska would end up in a higher bowl then them. Maybe not the Rose bowl, but we would be in a better bowl, guaranteed.

The likely scenario for us in the Rode Bowl is if we only lose to Michigan, and then Michigan loses back-to-back games to tOSU. Then tOSU goes to the BCSNC game, and we're in the running for the Roses.

HUH?

You think Michigan is going to lose at The Shoe, go to the Big Ten Championship, lose, and we will go to the Rose Bowl? I would say that is the least likely situation that gets us to the Rose Bowl.

So you are presuming they will pick a two-loss team (UCLA and Michigan) who didn't win their division over a two-loss team (tOSU X2) that did win their division and played in the Conference Championship?

Yes, yes we do.

Yes, because it's happened like a dozen times. In fact, Michigan got to the Sugar Bowl in 2011 doing just that.

HUH?

Yes, yes we do.

Yes, because it's happened like a dozen times. In fact, Michigan got to the Sugar Bowl in 2011 doing just that.

Exactly right, and if the Rose Bowl is vacant then the BCS at large Big Ten team will almost certainly go there. That being said, seriously doubt Ohio State makes the national championship game (they'll find a way to lose a game, or finish 3rd at 13-0).

NU wants no part of either Stanford or Oregon... those would both be really, really ugly

Same thing everyone said about Georgia last year. I'm not saying we would win, but I garuantee it would be a good game.

Georgia wanted no part of that matchup, they were sleep walking the first 3 quarters. The matchup I want to see is Nebraska vs. A&M ..........lets see what a defensive guru has for Johnny Football

HUH?

Yes, yes we do.

Exactly. BCS history has shown that it's MUCH more likely for the conference championship game loser to miss a BCS bowl than to go.

NU wants no part of either Stanford or Oregon... those would both be really, really ugly

Same thing everyone said about Georgia last year. I'm not saying we would win, but I garuantee it would be a good game.

Georgia wanted no part of that matchup, they were sleep walking the first 3 quarters. The matchup I want to see is Nebraska vs. A&M ..........lets see what a defensive guru has for Johnny Football

I don't understand the sleep walking argument. This is D1 football, not hs.

Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? I don't think so. As knappic notes, our defense could charitably be characterized as a work in progress. And the offense will need to be hitting on all cylinders to compensate.

If Ohio State stumbles, then they're first in line for the Rose Bowl bid. And even if they don't, I think we'll have an uphill battle to get there. In particular I've been impressed by Northwestern.

If you look at the predictions, they have tOSU in the National Championship game, so they're not stumbling. Basically, they have us winning the division (probably winning out) and losing to the Buckeyes.

Actually, they have us losing to Michigan. Michigan loses to tOSU for final game and gets rematch in the Championship and loses there. Since bowls rarely pick losing teams in championship, they think Nebraska gets the pick with 2 losses (same as what Michigan would have).

You have to watch the video on the top right in order to hear why they pick what they do.

Interesting....

Exactly. BCS history has shown that it's MUCH more likely for the conference championship game loser to miss a BCS bowl than to go.

The 2011 Sugar Bowl picked a 2-loss Michigan team over a 3-loss MSU team. Not even comparable.

The only way I see OSU getting into the title game is if they're the only undefeated team at year's end or there's only two undefeated teams. Barring something goofy in the SEC, the SEC champ more than likely gets in. Then you have Oregon, Clemson, etc. that very well could leapfrog Ohio State. I was reading yesterday where Ohio State is predicted to be around #5 when the first BCS rankings come out. Even if Ohio State manages to get into the BCS NC game, I highly doubt another B1G team gets in unless the wheels really fall off for Florida State, Clemson, Oregon, Stanford, etc.

It is pretty rare to have 3 or more (BCS) teams be undefeated at season's end. If tOSU pulls it off, they most likely will find themselves in the MNC. Then there is the Big Ten/ Rose Bowl affiliation. Big Ten could easily find themselves with two bids.