Who is the most-loved Husker quarterback since Tommie Frazier?

knapplc

Most loved Husker Quarterback  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since we criticize the ones we love most, it must have been Jammal Lord.

/ actually, I just wanted to give Lord some props. Dude was a warrior, and gave it his all.

just a few years late. he was made for the wildcat.

If Lord had played eight years earlier, and Tommie had played eight years later, Jammal Lord would be a huge hero in Nebraska lore. I'm not saying he's better than Tommie. But Lord is better than most people remember him being. He just didn't have the kind of team around him that Tommie had.

Lord was a very good runner but his passing was an adventure. Tommie, not known for his passing, was much better. Tommie had the leadership factor that we haven't seen in a while. TM doesn't have it, Crouch didn't have it - they both have great skills. I think Frost had it and I think Zac Taylor had it - very smart and confident. . Gantz to a certain extent - I think he lead by example and determination.

/ actually, I just wanted to give Lord some props. Dude was a warrior, and gave it his all.

If Lord had played eight years earlier, and Tommie had played eight years later, Jammal Lord would be a huge hero in Nebraska lore. I'm not saying he's better than Tommie. But Lord is better than most people remember him being. He just didn't have the kind of team around him that Tommie had.

Lord was a very good runner but his passing was an adventure. Tommie, not known for his passing, was much better. Tommie had the leadership factor that we haven't seen in a while. TM doesn't have it, Crouch didn't have it - they both have great skills. I think Frost had it and I think Zac Taylor had it - very smart and confident. . Gantz to a certain extent - I think he lead by example and determination.

I don't disagree. Especially about the leadership. Tommie was probably as valuable for his on-the-field leaderships ability as he was for his skills as a QB. As for passing, I dunno. Neither Tommie nor Jammal were much for passing. Tommie, maybe an average passer. Jammal about the same. Tommie's passing may have benefited from a better running game that the safeties and LBs had to keep a close eye on.

I don't disagree. Especially about the leadership. Tommie was probably as valuable for his on-the-field leaderships ability as he was for his skills as a QB. As for passing, I dunno. Neither Tommie nor Jammal were much for passing. Tommie, maybe an average passer. Jammal about the same. Tommie's passing may have benefited from a better running game that the safeties and LBs had to keep a close eye on.

Well Tommie's passes were more on target but it is true, the DBs had to keep an eye on the running game and were often pulled in for run support. Now part of Lord's problem and maybe most of it was the play calling by Frank - JL left, JL right. Jamel had to do it all. Frank it seemed thought he was the next Eric Crouch. Jamel was a great runner but he need more support as you say - and Frank called his # way too often. Frank seemed to show no creativity on offense during JL's senior season.

I said Zac Taylor. It should be Crouch or Frost, but many people can't forgive Frost for going to Stanford out of HS and many still think Newcombe was better than Crouch and they think he was a big baby for running home to Millard. IMO Newcombe was better than Crouch before he was injured, but afterwards he never was the same. Had lost that acceleration and was tentative running the ball.

Zac Taylor for what he had and what he did was a lot of fun to watch and he was a gamer. He also interviewed very well.

Should we vote for our favorite, or should we vote for whom is the most beloved in the time period.

My favorites were Frost and Crouch. I loved how cocky/confident Frosty was, and I think his play is a tad underrated. He was a stud for NU, especially his senior year. I know Crouch threatened to quit the team in '99, but he did everything he was asked to do. He plays for a national championship in '99 if NU could hold onto the ball against Texas, and he carried a bunch of stiffs to the national championship game in '01 (no matter how they got there and how the game ended up).

I said Zac Taylor. It should be Crouch or Frost, but many people can't forgive Frost for going to Stanford out of HS and many still think Newcombe was better than Crouch and they think he was a big baby for running home to Millard. IMO Newcombe was better than Crouch before he was injured, but afterwards he never was the same. Had lost that acceleration and was tentative running the ball.

Zac Taylor for what he had and what he did was a lot of fun to watch and he was a gamer. He also interviewed very well.

I don't get the hatred towards Frost for this. At that time, he was supposed to be a great passer, and he wanted to try to play for Bill Walsh. It's hard to argue with that. Osborne's teams weren't known for passing the ball a whole lot back then.

I don't get the hatred towards Frost for this. At that time, he was supposed to be a great passer, and he wanted to try to play for Bill Walsh. It's hard to argue with that. Osborne's teams weren't known for passing the ball a whole lot back then.

Another factor I think for Frost to Stanford was that TF was already in the middle of his freshman season that may have played a part in his decision.

He was suppose to be a great passer out of HS. He had like 10,000 yards passing in HS. Frost was an incredible athlete that just dominated C1 opponents. He won the all class gold in the shot put at like 60 feet and won the C title in the hurdles. I watched him play in the semifinals against Battle Creek in 92. Battle Creek was great and beat Wood River something like 64-28. It was basically Frost vs. Battle Creek, but you could tell how athletic he was.

Another factor I think for Frost to Stanford was that TF was already in the middle of his freshman season that may have played a part in his decision.

He was suppose to be a great passer out of HS. He had like 10,000 yards passing in HS. Frost was an incredible athlete that just dominated C1 opponents. He won the all class gold in the shot put at like 60 feet and won the C title in the hurdles. I watched him play in the semifinals against Battle Creek in 92. Battle Creek was great and beat Wood River something like 64-28. It was basically Frost vs. Battle Creek, but you could tell how athletic he was.

I will never begrudge anyone for choosing Stanford over Nebraska. To me, Stanford is the best combination of academics and athletics in the NCAA. People treat Frost's career at Stanford as a failure. He started at safety as a true frosh in '93, as well as a few games at QB when he was a sophomore in '94. Bill Walsh's decision to retire played the biggest role in getting Frost to Nebraska.

My take on this was emotional sentiment for, but people will vote as they please. Whatever works.

I can't see Crouch because people were constantly griping about him not sharing the football, quitting the team, etc. Surprised he has the early lead.

If people are going off accomplishments Frost should be getting more votes, going 24-2 with two bowl wins and a National Championship. But especially in 1996, a LOT of fans couldn't stand the guy.

Two questions concerning this post. I understand about te Crouch thing. Refused to sign poster when asked by team mate (Mike Stuntz). Bet he would pay me to sign it now. So question is, Why is he so revered?

Secon question, What did Scot Frost do to alienate so many people? I know this condition exists, but don't know why.