Who is the most-loved Husker quarterback since Tommie Frazier?

knapplc

Most loved Husker Quarterback  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since we criticize the ones we love most, it must have been Jammal Lord.

/ actually, I just wanted to give Lord some props. Dude was a warrior, and gave it his all.

just a few years late. he was made for the wildcat.

If Lord had played eight years earlier, and Tommie had played eight years later, Jammal Lord would be a huge hero in Nebraska lore. I'm not saying he's better than Tommie. But Lord is better than most people remember him being. He just didn't have the kind of team around him that Tommie had.

I voted for Eric Crouch. After Frazier & Frost graduated, Crouch kept the Nebraska machine running for another 4 years, and kept the program in the national spotlight. Looking back it is too bad that we relied a little more on the option game, then the power game during his years. If he would have had just a little better supporting cast on offense in 1999 I do think that team could have won the National Championship...that defense was flat out nasty!

The other reason I voted for Crouch is because as a pure college football fan, he was one of those rare athletes who was electric each time he had the ball. When the ball was in his hands there was the potential it could go for 6 in a blink of an eye.

That stretch between 1993-2001 was simply an amazing time to be a Nebraska Cornhusker fan...ah memories.

Now if I had to vote for the most-loved Husker quarterback of all time? That would be an easy choice for me.......Brook Berringer.

• Fire 2

The answer is Zac for a few reasons. 1) He had OU ties and came to school here. 2) The guy took a beating and kept on ticking. 3) He handled himself well in an era where the players were getting a lot of pressure from fans due to the lack of wins and the bad losses that the Huskers posted.

I went with Joe, but really wanted to vote for Zac. I think the two of them are what being a Husker is about and most feel that way. Taylor, down the road maybe remembered that way. I hope he is for sure. Crouch will always be the whiner, that quit and pretty much quit everything if he didn't get his way. I hold a lot of problems that Nebraska has against him and his actions, undermining the authority of the head coach. But that is just me. I have begun to like him on TV, and it is obvious he is a Husker through and through. People grow over the years, and I can see how people would love him. No question he played with reckless abandon and gave everything he had to win. You have to admire that side of him.

I voted for Eric Crouch. After Frazier & Frost graduated, Crouch kept the Nebraska machine running for another 4 years, and kept the program in the national spotlight. Looking back it is too bad that we relied a little more on the option game, then the power game during his years. If he would have had just a little better supporting cast on offense in 1999 I do think that team could have won the National Championship...that defense was flat out nasty!

The other reason I voted for Crouch is because as a pure college football fan, he was one of those rare athletes who was electric each time he had the ball. When the ball was in his hands there was the potential it could go for 6 in a blink of an eye.

That stretch between 1993-2001 was simply an amazing time to be a Nebraska Cornhusker fan...ah memories.

Now if I had to vote for the most-loved Husker quarterback of all time? That would be an easy choice for me.......Brook Berringer.

Good thoughts on Crouch. He kept the dynasty going. Put my head voted for Scott Frost - with soooo many people wanting him as our HC now, I figured he'd lead the voting. I voted for him because he is the last one to get the Big Hardware. Crouch got a Conf Championship - outside of the fumble at texas - we'd be national champs in 1999 - we destroyed both A&M and a very good Tenn team in the CCG and the Bowl Game.

Now my heart would vote for Zac Taylor - he was truly a coach on the field. Wtout Zac, we'd had 4 losing seasons under BC - he made it respectable. He should have won the bowl game against Alburn but BC had some terrible calls and I think he should have beat OU in the CCG - but again the play calling was suspect.

Good bio here:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=107509