Wow. Leader of men. How sad. Hopefully Bo isn't in to this stuff too...remember though that Carl was also on Frank Solich's Ohio staff prior to coming to Lincoln so I think maybe this is a recent issue.

Yeah, recent. He switched from roofies to coke and grass. :lol:

Jesus, I hope my brothers never go to jail in their life. That would def. mean I am a bad person also... :facepalm:

You think that's why I'm upset? If they weren't public figures, it wouldn't be a big deal to keep it on the low down, but if he knew and let him go to another school without letting the school know, what makes him better than Tressell?

Not sure if serious.

Pelini said he denied using illegal drugs to Chun and offered to take a drug test.

Chun said Pelini's "denial of illegal drug use was irrelevant because I was being relieved of my duties for failure to supervise my staff."

Pelini also said his "forced resignation" occurred after Chun and a university police officer took Pelini's phone and denied his requests to contact legal counsel. Chun said he could not comment about that specific allegation.

Pelini also claimed he was not provided written notice and a 30-day investigation period, as required by his contract.

• 4 months later...
In his first interview since resigning last October as Florida Atlantic's coach amidst allegations of marijuana and cocaine use, Carl Pelini emphatically denied that he used drugs and made clear that he was not fired for that reason. He said a former member of his staff made those allegations after he confronted him when Pelini suspected he was engaged in an inappropriate relationship.

"This is embarrassing for me personally and professionally," Pelini said. "There is a perception of me out there that's not me. It's such a 180-degree perception of who I am as a person."

Pelini's ouster began with an affidavit, signed by then-defensive line and special teams coach Matt Edwards, in which Edwards stated that he saw Pelini and then-Florida Atlantic defensive coordinator Pete Rekstis use marijuana and cocaine. Edwards alleged Pelini's drug use occurred during a mid-October trip to Key West. (Rekstis resigned at the end of last year.)

Allison Stewart, a real estate agent who was on the trip, also provided an affidavit in which she said she saw Pelini smoke marijuana and that he admitted in a text message to her that he "uses drugs on occasion." Pelini said Edwards and Stewart lied because he confronted them when he suspected they were having an affair, and his version of what occurred during the Key West trip differs from the one offered by Edwards and Stewart.

Pelini says that during Florida Atlantic's bye week in October, he took Rekstis, Rekstis' wife and the couple's children to Key West for a 36-hour trip. "It was a family trip," Pelini said. He said Edwards, who is married, and Stewart traveled to Key West separately, and it was during interactions with them on the trip that Pelini suspected they were in an inappropriate relationship.

SI

This just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Carl sure is firing back.

Pelini said he confronted both Edwards and Stewart about his suspicions and that neither denied it.

"I was worried about how it would reflect on our program," Pelini said.

"I just want the truth out there," Pelini said. "This story created an image of me that I have this extravagant social life, but in reality I have a pretty Spartan life."

Maybe, but damn, is he going on the offensive.

This just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Carl sure is firing back.

Pelini said he confronted both Edwards and Stewart about his suspicions and that neither denied it.

"I was worried about how it would reflect on our program," Pelini said.

"I just want the truth out there," Pelini said. "This story created an image of me that I have this extravagant social life, but in reality I have a pretty Spartan life."

Maybe, but damn, is he going on the offensive.

Wonder if he fights better than Gerard Butler?