No Credit

DomiNUs

Why is it that when Michigan St. shuts down the Wolverines, they are the greatest defense to walk the earth, and when Nebraska does it, its because Michigan's offense is absolutely terrible? Was watching the BTN final drive and they gave the D little to no credit for the beat down they just handed an offense averaging over 37ppg on their own home field. Can't wait to see what they say next week when we hopefully handle MSU at home.

Probably because our defense has been mostly terrible this season and no one wants to believe that they'll get better. Great talent, pretty young kids, only way they can learn is through mistakes and time on the field....................they're getting there. They do have a long ways to go, but I think they can do well against MSU's offense. The game will be decided with our O against their D.

• Fire 2

The Huskers/MSU game is looking real interesting again. I agree that our D doesn't get as much credit as MSU's- even if our Offense managed to make their job harder with turnovers and, of course, that muffed punt.

If we're going to turn the corner that we all want to see happen, this game in six days is the time to do so. Win or Lose, we need to make it a contest. Win it, and we'll get the recognition we will deserve.

Why is it that when Michigan St. shuts down the Wolverines, they are the greatest defense to walk the earth, and when Nebraska does it, its because Michigan's offense is absolutely terrible? Was watching the BTN final drive and they gave the D little to no credit for the beat down they just handed an offense averaging over 37ppg on their own home field. Can't wait to see what they say next week when we hopefully handle MSU at home.

Maybe because this is the same defense that let perennial juggernauts Wyoming, SDSU, and Minnesota run all over us?

Or maybe because Michigan has an even bigger problem with O-Line injuries than we do?

Or because our defensive performance has been up and down more than a Texass Cheerleader on a Booster of substance?

Take your pick, but respect is earned, not given. MSU has been more impressive this season so far. Once we beat MSU, the respect and hindsight will catch up accordingly.

• Fire 1

It's probably because, you know, MSU has one of the best defenses in the country if you go through the statistics. They're top 5 in points allowed, number one in yards per game... Nebraska, conversely, has been ripped apart at times.

Kind of a no-brainer why people would say it has more to do with MU's ineptness rather than Nebraska's defense.

• Fire 1

Maybe because this is the same defense that let perennial juggernauts Wyoming, SDSU, and Minnesota run all over us?

Or maybe because Michigan has an even bigger problem with O-Line injuries than we do?

Or because our defensive performance has been up and down more than a Texass Cheerleader on a Booster of substance?

Take your pick, but respect is earned, not given. MSU has been more impressive this season so far. Once we beat MSU, the respect and hindsight will catch up accordingly.

I do not disagree with the bolded sentence. You are 100% correct there. With that being said-

30 yards

That's the difference in 2-0 and 0-2. Two late turnovers in two consecutive games. Two stops when we needed them most. We crumble in those 30 yards and we're fighting for a bowl game, not a conference championship. As far as I'm concerned, they didn't earn any respect in those 30 yards; that would mean they didn't control the outcome, they took it.

Consistency will be key from here on out. So, everybody, what does 30 yards mean to you?

(30 yards represents NW-4 and UM-26 in how many yards they needed to get a TD instead of a FG)

NU has beaten one D1 team with a winning record this year and that was Mechicken. That deservedly doesn't earn you respect.

Auburn has beat only two teams meeting your criteria. So does that mean that one win is worth about 20 spots in the rankings?

Hey you. Logic. Get it out of here. There's no place for that here.

Is our defense improving? Yes.

Is Michigan's offense (especially the line) terrible? Yes.

One of my fears is that people will begin reading too much into these last couple of wins. I by no means want to undervalue going to Michigan and beating them in their own house. However, a Hail Mary win against NW and a close win against a team as average as Michigan is not much excuse to pop the cork on the Koolaid. These wins are positive signs and that's it. We've seen this kind of yo-yo season under Bo before, and it would not surprise me to see it repeated.

That said, we take care of MSU and suddenly we're right back in the mix, which after Minny I thought was near impossible. I haven't had a lot of chances to catch games this year, but from what I hear MSU's offense is just about as pedestrian as Michigan's. Can anyone confirm? If it is, I can see us winning a defensive battle at home.