Pelini "doubts Martinez return"

If true, that's not how you want your Sr. year go down.

I still have a suspicion that injuries are being used to avoid the embarrassment/heat of benching a 4th year starter. We may never know.

Maybe now Bo has an 'injury dog house.'

Wonder this myself. I still think this has a little bit to do with his last post game press conference. That had to have pissed Bo off.

Wish Taylor all the best. He's been through a lot in life and I can't imagine how hard this is for him.

However, even if he did return to full health, it's time to move on. Taylor engineered some major comeback wins but we can't deny what our eyes tell us. Tommy, while raw and inexperienced, is probably the superior QB. His natural feel for the position already seems much sturdier than Taylor's ever was, and given that we are beat up and unlikely to win a B1G Championship, getting him as much game experience as possible for next year is the smart play. No more rotation. No more controversy. Tommy is the guy until someone takes it from him. The Michigan win sealed it, I think, and gave us a legitimate chance to win out (regular season).

Good post. I respect Taylor's contributions, but think Tommy is the better QB. Let's give Taylor a big send-off on Senior Day and thank him for his time here.

I think TM got himself somewhat in the doghouse. Rumor has it he injured himself in an off the field incident in the first place, and he wasn't as forthcoming as he should've been about how well he can go. I'd say we should've made him perform in practice and not just took his word that he was ready. Also there was division the week of the Minn game, leading to bad practice and bad play. Of course guys should be busting ass and making plays no matter who the qb is but if Bo can get more cohesion with TA I can see why he'd go in that direction.

If TM were healthy he'd still be our best option, sucks that his career would end like this, he did his damnedest for us.

Really don't know about that doghouse. Taylor is currently dealing with every injury known to man. Heard a lot of rumors about kicked refrigerators or lockers...they seem rather flimsy. The simplest explanation seems most likely here. That is: he's really quite hurt, wouldn't be able to heal in time, but can play through it. They tried that route, but when the bullets went live, it was tougher going than anticipated. So now there's little choice but to move forward with the backups.

Really don't know about that doghouse. Taylor is currently dealing with every injury known to man. Heard a lot of rumors about kicked refrigerators or lockers...they seem rather flimsy. The simplest explanation seems most likely here. That is: he's really quite hurt, wouldn't be able to heal in time, but can play through it. They tried that route, but when the bullets went live, it was tougher going than anticipated. So now there's little choice but to move forward with the backups.

Yeah, kind of funny that first Bo backs Martinez no matter what he does and hitches his whole career to him and now he's in the doghouse. Not that either is impossible but the supposed switch is ironic.

http://espn.go.com/c...-bo-pelini-says

Well, none of us expected Taylor's career to end this way, especially with all the expectations for him this year.

But I think it is best to move on. We have a potential star QB in TA. He seems to be the guy for this year most definitely.

Tough break for Martinez, but I believe he wanted out of the limelight. He is a little awkward, and I think it showed with his play and the communication with his teammates. TA just seems to be a better fit. Wish the best for Taylor though.

"He is a little awkward?" Gimme a break...people on this board have been out for him since day one. TAYLOR had skills we've not had at NU before. He is fast, faster than anyone I can remember. God bless this kid - he played hard and he played hurt - I never heard him complain or ask for anything but for the team. This kid is a HUSKER!!!

Pops went on USA Today and basically said his career is over:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2013/11/11/taylor-martinez-nebraska-cornhuskers-injury/3502269/

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — It appears Nebraska's Taylor Martinez has played his last snap for the Cornhuskers.

Martinez's father, Casey Martinez, wrote in an email to The Associated Press on Monday night that the senior quarterback has a "debilitating injury" near the ball of his left foot that could take until February or March to heal fully.

"Taylor's injury happened in week one and after several months of rehab we have discovered that the more he does on it the worse that it gets," Casey Martinez wrote. "Very, very unfortunate location and aggravating injury that can't be toughed out.

"This is a nightmare way to finish your college career, by getting this kind of injury in the first week of the season, which essentially has cost Taylor his whole senior season as well as many team and personal goals."