This Game is in the Bag

I just believe in a Dr. Tom Osborne perspective here. Let's be concerned with how well we play as a team. That -- according to Osborne -- is more important than beating Michigan State. Osborne always said he was more concerned with how well his team performed versus the score of any typical game. I loved his cool, calm demeanor. If we take care of our assignments --offense, defense, and special teams....Nebraska wins. I saw Osborne deck a Nick Saban-led Michigan State team back in September 1995 by the score of 50-10. Again, I'm going with Osborne. Let's be focused on how well we play. If we do that, everything else will take care of itself. Vegas and the media say we'll lose by 6 points. Nebraska needs to be as they were -- and knock off the Spartans again! Let's show 'em they are wrong! Go Nebraska!!!!

Look, we aren't gonna score a lot of points.... we get it.

But does anyone think MSU's offense is gonna score a lot of points themselves? I don't.

The key, for me, is not letting their defense score points. Not just defensive TDs, but also short fields from turnovers and from bad punting / punt return coverage, which I think is a huge elephant in the room nobody has talked about much. We can't afford to be starting drives at the 3 yard line because somebody is afraid to catch a punt and we can't afford Sparty getting the ball at the 50 because Foltz has another shank.

:mellow::huh::o:bad:facepalm: This thread may come back to haunt us..................I'm not as confident.

Not gonna lie Iowan........

This game is getting me more worried....

I have the same pit in my stomach that I did before the UCLA game and the Minnesota game. Didn't have the same feeling in any of our other games, don't dig the feeling!

BRI,

This is the game of the year for us. Everything is riding on this game, in honesty our season, our head coaches future, the teams mental health. We have improved the last two weeks, so there is room for hope no question. I think if we see the same team we had last week, with a week's improvement, we give Sparty all they want. I am concerned about our mash unit offense, but if they come through, it will set the mind set for next year. Last year we had a lot of luck, this year we have the hail marry, but last week was a true game played, every effort given. Maybe not the best game ever played, but it showed we have pulse. A drive that had not been there all year. I am hoping it was not a one time thing. We have seen that in the past. But all the insiders keep telling us that the talent is there, it did look like it last week. By no means the team we are looking for, but the team that could develop into that team.

I think we will see that team hit the field. We need them to. It is up to the staff to keep that attitude through the game, with great adjustments and confidence in what we are doing and can do.

• Fire 1

BRI,

This is the game of the year for us. Everything is riding on this game, in honesty our season, our head coaches future, the teams mental health. We have improved the last two weeks, so there is room for hope no question. I think if we see the same team we had last week, with a week's improvement, we give Sparty all they want. I am concerned about our mash unit offense, but if they come through, it will set the mind set for next year. Last year we had a lot of luck, this year we have the hail marry, but last week was a true game played, every effort given. Maybe not the best game ever played, but it showed we have pulse. A drive that had not been there all year. I am hoping it was not a one time thing. We have seen that in the past. But all the insiders keep telling us that the talent is there, it did look like it last week. By no means the team we are looking for, but the team that could develop into that team.

I think we will see that team hit the field. We need them to. It is up to the staff to keep that attitude through the game, with great adjustments and confidence in what we are doing and can do.

I hope so. I would feel a whole lot better if our OL wasn't down 4 guys (maybe 3), if Bell and JT were 100% and I knew Beck would call a solid game.

I like our D against their O. We seem to feast on "pro style" QB's. The strength of our O has been the run. Their D's strength is stopping the run. If we can throw in a wrinkle or two to exploit their aggression and their single coverage, I like our chances. I really think we can run on them. Give AA 20-25 carries and let Cross and Newby get around 10 a piece. If we fail to establish the run, because of our D, I think we keep it very close but the edge would be Sparty.

BRI,

I hope like hell that team comes out and is prepared with another week behind them of improvement. The defense is going to need to create some turnovers for us and play very well. This could be a very low scoring game, first team to make a mistake wins. My wife is already ready to kill me with the way this season has been going. I can't even sit anymore, I have to stand in front of the TV because I lose my mind. It's sad really.............. :lol: