Becks comments

I am not sure that I can say they are acceptable to everyone. To me, I have zero problems with what he has said. I think some of his comments are misguided but not fireable.

Here's the thing. You don't fire Bo specifically for these comments. However, his various douchbaggery episodes combine with not winning enough, and eventually there is just one too many issues. At some point the juice isn't worth the squeeze. I'm not saying that point is now. I'm just saying you don't view all of these things in a vacuum. You view them cumulatively.

I am not sure that I can say they are acceptable to everyone. To me, I have zero problems with what he has said. I think some of his comments are misguided but not fireable.

Here's the thing. You don't fire Bo specifically for these comments. However, his various douchbaggery episodes combine with not winning enough, and eventually there is just one too many issues. At some point the juice isn't worth the squeeze. I'm not saying that point is now. I'm just saying you don't view all of these things in a vacuum. You view them cumulatively.

I hear you. I still don't have any problem with what he has said. And I think he is winning enough for now. I feel like when you have a coach that wins 9-10 games consistently like he has, it means you are on the cusp of getting better. If he had a couple of 6-7 win seasons sprinkled in, I would question whether he can get the job done. And recruiting is getting better. Maybe not by ranking standards but the talent on the field has vastly improved.

We all have different feelings of Bo. I like him as our coach. I would be happy if he stays/is retained but won't be mad or shed a tear if he leaves/gets let go.

Yes and no.

You are correct that I haven't looked into any other message boards. But I'd be curious about the relationship between winning and how many/bad the comments are. I doubt there are nearly as many at Alabama. There would likely be a lot more right now at Florida, Michigan, Texas, etc. because of how their seasons are going (although Texas seems to be better of late). But we are also not 4-7 coming off 7-6 two years ago like Florida. We aren't 3-4 in conference like Michigan and are farther removed from Callahan than they are from RichRod. We aren't three years removed from 5-7 like Texas who has been worse than us record wise since then.

While obviously not as top-end successful as we would all like, we've been winning like only a few other programs have over the last six years. Yet, people have been wanting the coaches to go for at least three years. And people are happy when the guy who re-wrote the record books gets injured and can't play any more. I can see where that would lead to a worse reaction from the team than we'd like to see.

it seems that Bo has nutured an "us against the fans" mentality with the team. add in tape gate and i can understand how the relationship got to this point.
This staff boggles my mind. Why do they consistently take jabs at the people who ultimately control whether they will have a job or not?
Beck's comment......not so bright...it just throws fuel on the fire...no comment would have been better.

This 1000x. This is why I wrote the OP. I know it's tough, but DON'T FEED THE EFFIN TROLL!!! It's that simple.

I'm an out of state fan so I realize I don't have 1/10 th the perspective you locals do and if the fan base locally is truly that awful, it's disheartening and really a surprise to me.

But once again, I can't imagine anything worse then what I heard in SEC country growing up, and those guys essentially do the smart thing and either No comment or use the kill them with kindness approach.

Even if this is the most malignant fan base in the nation, the coaches handle it like crap.

I hear you. I still don't have any problem with what he has said. And I think he is winning enough for now. I feel like when you have a coach that wins 9-10 games consistently like he has, it means you are on the cusp of getting better. If he had a couple of 6-7 win seasons sprinkled in, I would question whether he can get the job done. And recruiting is getting better. Maybe not by ranking standards but the talent on the field has vastly improved.

We all have different feelings of Bo. I like him as our coach. I would be happy if he stays/is retained but won't be mad or shed a tear if he leaves/gets let go.

Have you looked at our recruiting class this year?

• Fire 2

This is very disturbing-yet again-for someone like me who, up until some additional meltdowns this year, has unconditionally supported Bo. I've been on the fence with him for the second half of this year, based solely on on-field issues. I've always stuck up for his off-field antics (if that's what you would call it-maybe not the right word) and tried to see them with some perspective. But these continuing comments from the staff is really getting me. I understand they feel like the seat is hot and I understand that, but you have to continue to embrace this place to the fullest extent. They dont appear to understand that team/fan relationship here at Nebraska is probably more important than anywhere. I heard from a little birdie that when Bo addressed the team about the rumors last week that one of the things he said was that they need to learn how to ignore the comments from lots fans, for it always seems that the negative 5% is always the loudest, and that it's not like that just here. That's what I heard. But then his assistants turn around the make comments (Kaz made some sort of comment after the Penn St game as well) that seem to antagonize the fanbase as a whole. This just disturbs. I dont know nothing anymore, that maybe it is time for a change. Maybe it is time to get someone who's ready to embrace everything Nebraska and has the mental capacity to kick aside everything that is negative. Yes, the football Tim Miles. Perception and attitude is everything these days. As much as it drives me nuts that we really cant act ourselves at all times, it is the way it is.

• Fire 2

Have you looked at our recruiting class this year?

You are going to have to expand on your question.

This is very disturbing-yet again-for someone like me who, up until some additional meltdowns this year, has unconditionally supported Bo. I've been on the fence with him for the second half of this year, based solely on on-field issues. I've always stuck up for his off-field antics (if that's what you would call it-maybe not the right word) and tried to see them with some perspective. But these continuing comments from the staff is really getting me. I understand they feel like the seat is hot and I understand that, but you have to continue to embrace this place to the fullest extent. They dont appear to understand that team/fan relationship here at Nebraska is probably more important than anywhere. I heard from a little birdie that when Bo addressed the team about the rumors last week that one of the things he said was that they need to learn how to ignore the comments from lots fans, for it always seems that the negative 5% is always the loudest, and that it's not like that just here. That's what I heard. But then his assistants turn around the make comments (Kaz made some sort of comment after the Penn St game as well) that seem to antagonize the fanbase as a whole. This just disturbs. I dont know nothing anymore, that maybe it is time for a change. Maybe it is time to get someone who's ready to embrace everything Nebraska and has the mental capacity to kick aside everything that is negative. Yes, the football Tim Miles. Perception and attitude is everything these days. As much as it drives me nuts that we really cant act ourselves at all times, it is the way it is.

I agree other than I'm not sure 5% is right. Just judging from the people on this board it seems to be fairly close to 50/50.

+1

Spend some time with the players and their families and many will tell you they are counting down the days they are finished here because of the way fans come at them. If you need proof listen in the stands at the things being said at any game and read the twitter feeds of the players during the games. Our fan base has a large portion of ignorant a$$hole$.

I don't agree with this comment da skers, sorry! I sit with a bunch of family members of players and that is not at all how they feel? Not sure where this sentiment is coming from? Yes, we have bad fans that spew their sh*t now and then but a majority of the fans usually turn to the mouth piece with a look of disappointment and they get the hint. As for the twitter feeds, that is the (faceless fan) who has nothing better to do. This board is a good representation of Husker fans where most everyone wants the best for the program and airs our concerns with some tact. I believe if someone here on this board was to act like one of those (faceless twitter) posters and spewed the kind of comments that you are referring too, knapp and other would show them to the door just as what is done at the stadium?

If what you are saying is true for the section you sit in, I am sorry but I don't think it is a representation of much of the fan base but probably a very small %.

I agree with you. Bad fans are a very small minority. What other fan bases line up for autographs from recruits and sell out every game from 1962. But a very small minority can have a huge impact. It is similar to crime. It only takes a handful of criminal to turn a nice town into a community living in fear.

I think that sums up what I've thought for a while (but put into words better than I seem to be able to do). The bottom line is Husker fans want to love thier coach. They really do. All the coach has to do is let them feel that they are part of the program and not the enemy and the leash gets exponenitally longer.

• Fire 1

The fan base here is no worse than any other major program. Why are their people on here that always defend these coaches continually criticizing this fan base?? Maybe these coaches should spend less time thinking about the fans, and more time working on the job at hand. Stooping so low as to make disparaging remarks about fans is honestly really petty. You just don't see that kind of thing by most top tier coaches.

They had to call a meeting to address fan rumors of Bo resigning. I think that says it all. No matter how good your general outlook on the fans is, the vocal minority shitheads can always get to you, especially when they're nonstop entitlement baby douchebags like we have.

this is all about social media and the huge impact a few can exert on a staff or a team....hell, even Bo reads this sh#t...obviously so does Beck....and the players....it is a new dimension of criticism we now have to live with....the focus for this staff and the team should be on the next game and getting better.

Bo should quit reading social media and watch some tape of punt returns ;)

Beck's comment......not so bright...it just throws fuel on the fire...no comment would have been better.

You see I don't have a problem with him being honest in his comment. I don't know how many times I have read on message boards that "All they here is coach speak and blah, blah, blah." When a coach actually says something that is pretty true, some fans don't like it.

You can't have everything both ways.

The relationship that fans have had with Taylor Martinez had been very love/hate. He was just being honest and you don't like it.

The only other QB I think thats had it worse the TM would be Lord. And I'm not even sure he had it as bad a times.

Lord was one of my all time favorite Huskers. Ho broke Crouch's records without great OL or a great RB.

it seems that Bo has nutured an "us against the fans" mentality with the team. add in tape gate and i can understand how the relationship got to this point.

He absolutely has. From the coaches to the towel boys. Rather than bothering to try and build good will with the fans, he's taken shots at them. It's not smart from a PR move, and definitely doesn't give yourself any leeway when a season doesn't turn out the way everyone had hoped.

I am 100% convinced that his hot seat would be a lot cooler if he would think before he spoke.

this is whats hilarious about this staff. Has every other coach spoutted off about their fans? yes. Does every other coach have to deal with a$$hole fans? yes. but what you don't see from everyone other coach is an f bomb laden audio tape, quotes like, "contrary to what you believe, i haven't forgot how to stop the run" or jabs like this from Beck. This is how or moronic this staff truly is when it comes running a big boy football program. I'm sorry, but call it what it is. The staff needed to grow up about two years ago and stop whining. Seriously, all Beck had to say was that Taylor has given everything to this program and i'm sure the fans can appreciate that. period.

"Do you know what a loop scheme is? I didn't think so."--Will Muschamp to media

See Mike Gundy tirade.

My point was more about taking shots at the fans in particular not the media. You can't ever please the media because they want to hate you. It makes their job easier. I think fans want to like the coach and this staff makes that harder then it needs to be