Becks comments

Social media is just awful. Near as I can tell it consists of identifying "haters" and then calling out the haters for hating.

I hate that.

It's not just sports, it's all over the internet.

Twitter is chock full of thin-skinned narcissists. If I were a coach I'd ban it in a second. Except today's recruits honestly can't live without it.

But in this case the coaches aren't helping. Playing with a chip on your shoulder is a long-standing motivational tradition, but it's usually against rival teams and media doubters. I think Bo went into his bunker three years ago and threw all the fair-weather fans into the pot. Us against Them at Nebraska was everyone inside the locker room vs. everyone outside the locker room. But the game is played on the field, and in fairness to the fans, the product on the field was occasionally disappointing and sometimes just plain baffling. Bo's $3 mill salary and those world class players' facilities came from somewhere. Football is an entertainment product. You get to grumble when you walk out of a bad movie, too. Doesn't mean you're a hater.

But of course there are idiot fans who say idiot things. If there are players who can't wait to get out of here, where do they hope to go?

God forbid they get drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles.

NU's coaches 'do' need to ban twitter for current players. It's getting ridiculous. Not sure what the correlation between recruits and current players on twitter even is.

Last week Jim Harbaugh said he thinks Colin Kaepernick pays too much attention to Twitter. Suggesting Colin has let a tiny vocal minority get under his skin.

Most of the time it's player agents and PR departments running around putting out the fires of those 2 a.m. tweets that are self-pitying at best, occasionally racist, homophobic or misogynistic and often evidence that the player was up really late and got really drunk.

Not sure what the correlation between recruits and current players on twitter even is.

This generation is literally addicted to social media. They can't imagine life without it. If it is understood that a University bans its athletes from having a Twitter account, I'm betting a significant number of recruits would opt for a Twitter friendly school.

But the horse is out of the barn. I don't see how you can stop players from interacting with social media.

Spend some time with the players and their families and many will tell you they are counting down the days they are finished here because of the way fans come at them. If you need proof listen in the stands at the things being said at any game and read the twitter feeds of the players during the games. Our fan base has a large portion of ignorant a$$hole$.

That is one of the most troubling posts Ive read in a while. I wish we could fix this. Too bad banning social media isnt a viable option, why ounish the players when its pricks with an attitude and a twitter account that are the problem.

Yeah, that does appear troubling but I wonder who these players and their families are specifically. Seems like the type of thing a person could say/post based on their own perception and not necessarily on actual events.

I haven't been in the stadium at a game in quite a few years but I can't hardly believe things have regressed that far. And, I also am out of state and my main contact with all things football related is through HB. Even I realize that the most cynical posters here may be in the minority and probably don't spew some of the crap we see here directly to other people, players, or their family. It's big time college football fellas, if some of the players or coaches can't handle a bit of legitimate criticism and ignore the overblown stuff, then they might just have a problem that doesn't really have anything to do with the fanbase in general.

If you think we're bad, you need to broaden your horizons a little. Follow some of the other big programs and you'll realize that our aberrant scumwads pale in comparison to the vitriol that spews out of other fanbases.

Learning to deal with those among us who are just plain bad people is part of becoming a mature adult, and is something our staff should be helping the players with.

I gotta say, why in the hell would a player or coach have a twitter account unless THEY THEMSELVES were only going to say positive things EVER. Even if someone posts somethng negative????

I think it's stupid.

I've been a big Bo supporter and like beck too. But that comment "who has a good relationship..."

was just plain stupid and insulting. I have a good relationship w the fan base. I betcha guys like Davison and Crouch do too.

I bet Lavonte David does. And Ahman Green.

I bet Will Shields does. I bet Ron Brown does, and Milt Tenipor. I bet the ticket takers do, and the bar owners do. I bet the parking lot owners do. I bet Rex Burkhead and Abdullah do. I bet the secretary does.

Get over youself Beck. We don't really really care who is calling plays. Just call good ones and prevent turnovers and safeties on the goal line.

Don't pass the ball 7 times in a row 4 minutes before half leading to 3 INTs. Do those things and act like YOU want to be here, and I'm sure the fans treatment of you won't matter one bit.

Or, go coach at Cal or KU and enjoy that atmosphere.

Damn, I'm kinda pisssed. Just go win the damn game or put up a great effort and quit worrying about the fans.

tumblr_mqgdakQEJd1rrx588o1_500.gif

More and more of these kinds of comments are really starting to suggest to me that this is how they really feel. And that would be sad. But it would also be easy to suggest that it would come full circle to explain how so many times it appears that the team comes out totally flat for a game. Must be hard to get up to play for 90,000 people whom your coaching staff appears to be upset with.

It's upsetting me more and more the more I think about it. Someone wanna pull me off the ledge?

Not sure what the correlation between recruits and current players on twitter even is.

This generation is literally addicted to social media. They can't imagine life without it. If it is understood that a University bans its athletes from having a Twitter account, I'm betting a significant number of recruits would opt for a Twitter friendly school.

But the horse is out of the barn. I don't see how you can stop players from interacting with social media.

I'm not saying all social media. I'm talking about twitter. I think it's a good tool for coaches to interact with recruits. It's an absolute mindf*ck for current players. They take everything these idiots tweet to heart, and it does them absolutely no good. If you don't have it, you don't see it. It shouldn't matter, but obviously it seems to.

More and more of these kinds of comments are really starting to suggest to me that this is how they really feel. And that would be sad. But it would also be easy to suggest that it would come full circle to explain how so many times it appears that the team comes out totally flat for a game. Must be hard to get up to play for 90,000 people whom your coaching staff appears to be upset with.

It's upsetting me more and more the more I think about it. Someone wanna pull me off the ledge?

Gpm5P7S.gif:clap

• Fire 2