OT Sean Foster [Iowa State Commit]

Sigh, that time of year when new people hit the recruiting forum... :)

We are not in on Newman. Take him off your list. Farniok is far from a lock, and looks like we'll lose Jackson to the boys at Michigan State.

I'll say it one more time. Mav does breakdowns all the time - we need 3 OT's in this class, we currently have zero with a month to go. You don't get to be incredibly choosy here.

Do you mean Foster and not Newman?

No? I meant Newman.

Oh, your statement would be accurate had it been regarding Foster, so I thought maybe you were confused.

You are right regarding the need for depth. I think that Gates future is on the interior and lack of bodies is forcing him to play out of position (somewhat).

We are not in on Newman. Take him off your list. Farniok is far from a lock, and looks like we'll lose Jackson to the boys at Michigan State.

I'll say it one more time. Mav does breakdowns all the time - we need 3 OT's in this class, we currently have zero with a month to go. You don't get to be incredibly choosy here.

Do you mean Foster and not Newman?

No? I meant Newman.
Oh, your statement would be accurate had it been regarding Foster, so I thought maybe you were confused.

You are right regarding the need for depth. I think that Gates future is on the interior and lack of bodies is forcing him to play out of position (somewhat).

Gates will play OT all of college, if/when he makes the NFL he could very well get switched to OG.

Where are you getting your info? Because I've heard 1. Farinok we are the favorite, and I think it's growing. 2. Iowa is making a big run at Jackson, but they only have 1 spot left and they've been saving it for an OT....#1 might be your hint there.. 3. Newman has been extremely quite but Cav made an impression and I think we've got as good of shot as anyone

And all this coming from me who is/has been extremely pessimistic the last week.

Maybe I've been more pessimistic then ;) Basing my assumptions off of 247 mostly.

My point stands, we need 3 OTs in a month.

I think we have some redshirts that help at this position, as a I am more concerned about the D line,

After this year, we have :

Cole Conrad (Walk-on RSo.)

Ryan Freudenburg (Walk-on RSo.)

Nick Gates (So.)

Christian Gaylord (RFr.)

Dwayne Johnson (Jr. - I thought this guy left the program? Didn't make the 105 this fall)

David Knevel (Jr.)

FOUR SCHOLARSHIP OFFENSIVE TACKLES, INCLUDING ONE WHO DIDN'T MAKE OUR 105 THIS PAST YEAR - CALL IT 3. We won't even be able to yell at Cav for not rotating because there's no one to rotate.

We are for sure thin. To further your point I think Johnson got moved to OG, but like you said he didn't even make the 105. You missed a couple guys, not that it changes the idea. Sam Hahn plays OT and traveled when Gates was banged up. Whitaker played interior all of his career but when Gates got banged up and went out for a couple plays he came in at RT.

Where are you getting your info? Because I've heard 1. Farinok we are the favorite, and I think it's growing. 2. Iowa is making a big run at Jackson, but they only have 1 spot left and they've been saving it for an OT....#1 might be your hint there.. 3. Newman has been extremely quite but Cav made an impression and I think we've got as good of shot as anyone

And all this coming from me who is/has been extremely pessimistic the last week.

Maybe I've been more pessimistic then ;) Basing my assumptions off of 247 mostly.

Just saw one of the 247 guys say he feels "Great" on Farniok.
  • Fire 1

Just saw one of the 247 guys say he feels "Great" on Farniok.

This plus the 6 inches of snow on my porch? Might have to officially dub this a Christmas miracle... ;)

I think we have some redshirts that help at this position, as a I am more concerned about the D line,

Nick Gates (So.)

Christian Gaylord (RFr.)

Dwayne Johnson (Jr. - I thought this guy left the program? Didn't make the 105 this fall)

David Knevel (Jr.)

FOUR SCHOLARSHIP OFFENSIVE TACKLES, INCLUDING ONE WHO DIDN'T MAKE OUR 105 THIS PAST YEAR - CALL IT 3. We won't even be able to yell at Cav for not rotating because there's no one to rotate.

We are for sure thin. To further your point I think Johnson got moved to OG, but like you said he didn't even make the 105. You missed a couple guys, not that it changes the idea. Sam Hahn plays OT and traveled when Gates was banged up. Whitaker played interior all of his career but when Gates got banged up and went out for a couple plays he came in at RT.

Sam Hahn will get some playing time next year and maybe even be the other starting OT. He is a Big Strong NE Farm Boy!

Nick Gates (So.)

Christian Gaylord (RFr.)

David Knevel (Jr.)

Sam Hahn will get some playing time next year and maybe even be the other starting OT. He is a Big Strong NE Farm Boy!

^ Don't need that to happen. That's the problem with our OL. I'm sick of "strong NE farm boys" whiffing and being completely outmatched by true linemen around the country.

Nick Gates (So.)

Christian Gaylord (RFr.)

David Knevel (Jr.)

^ Don't need that to happen. That's the problem with our OL. I'm sick of "strong NE farm boys" whiffing and being completely outmatched by true linemen around the country.

"NE Farm Boys" can do everything you need em to on the OL if you pur them in a position to succeed

Nick Gates (So.)

Christian Gaylord (RFr.)

David Knevel (Jr.)

"NE Farm Boys" can do everything you need em to on the OL if you pur them in a position to succeed

Dylan Utter et. al. disagrees with you.

Nick Gates (So.)

Christian Gaylord (RFr.)

David Knevel (Jr.)

Please tell me genetically what has changed with those "farm boys" from before.

Nick Gates (So.)

Christian Gaylord (RFr.)

David Knevel (Jr.)

The difference is simply that you've had Barney Cotton and one year of Cav coaching em up instead of Milt.

Lord knows I was no Barney apologist. Time will tell with Cav.

Nick Gates (So.)

Christian Gaylord (RFr.)

David Knevel (Jr.)

Please tell me the last great "farm boy" we had outside of Spencer Long (a true anomaly).

Nick Gates (So.)

Christian Gaylord (RFr.)

David Knevel (Jr.)

Dylan Utter et. al. disagrees with you.
Utter ain't a farm boy, straight outta Papio.

Nick Gates (So.)

Christian Gaylord (RFr.)

David Knevel (Jr.)

Please tell me the last great "farm boy" we had outside of Spencer Long (a true anomaly).

crazy, I was talking to a player from the early 90s about this the other day, he says the more Midwestern "Beef" as he called it Nebraska gets on the lines the better they will be.