B1G West

Sparker

As an OSU fan, Wisconsin has my respect. They always play OSU tough and it isn't easy to win in Madison.

I don't understand all the hate.

Because out of the three times that we've played them, we've been stomped. Though I like having adversaries, I think Wissy becomes our biggest rivalry.

I don't hate them at all! I can't wait for some major drinking in Madison!

I don't think I hate any of the Big 10 teams in football...now...in basketball that is a different story.

I've always had the upmost respect for Wisconsin. I like the way they've always played football, and after all, Barry Alvarez was a Husker first. My only real hate at them is all the horror stories from folks after the Madison trip a couple years ago. Other than that, I'm fine with them. Face it, not only is the love deserved, but they've pretty much been the bellcow of the conference for the last half decade or so.

I hope the fans are not as dickish as I have heard. I really don't want to be drinking my 10th beer only to have some badger fan scream "f#*k YOU" in my face.

Not going to lie, wouldn't suprise me if something like that were to happen. The younger folks are...not so nice sometimes.

I see Wisconsin football a lot like Stanford. NU fans love them because they play "power football" and they have had great success winning conference titles the past few years. Yes, those conference titles are a lot more than NU has been doing recently. But, each year, Stanford and Wisky lose a game or 2 that make you think "what the hell happened?" and they usually lose games against teams with standout speed and they come nowhere near the national title hunt. I see them a lot like NU teams from the late 80s and 90s where NU was winning conference titles on a regular basis, but Osborne would get smoked by Miami, Florida State, or other "speed teams" and NU fans would constantly bitch about those seasons.

The only reason these recent Stanford and Wisky seasons look so great to NU fans is because NU has been so freaking average the past 10 years

• Fire 1

I hope the fans are not as dickish as I have heard. I really don't want to be drinking my 10th beer only to have some badger fan scream "f#*k YOU" in my face.

Not going to lie, wouldn't suprise me if something like that were to happen. The younger folks are...not so nice sometimes.

Oh well, I can live with it. Just so long as I can party!!!

Tell me 3 cool bars around campus I should hit.

But, each year, Stanford and Wisky lose a game or 2 that make you think "what the hell happened?" and they usually lose games against teams with standout speed and they come nowhere near the national title hunt.

Yeah, because Stanford and Wisconsin are the only teams in the country that lose a game or two every year :rolleyes:

Standout speed teams though? Might want to look at the Stanford/Oregon results the last two seasons.

Nowhere near the national title hunt you say? Stanford finished 7th, 7th and 11th the last three years. That is at least "near" the hunt. Wisconsin was two hail marys away from playing for the title in 2011. That's at least a little close.

But, each year, Stanford and Wisky lose a game or 2 that make you think "what the hell happened?" and they usually lose games against teams with standout speed and they come nowhere near the national title hunt.

Yeah, because Stanford and Wisconsin are the only teams in the country that lose a game or two every year :rolleyes:

Standout speed teams though? Might want to look at the Stanford/Oregon results the last two seasons.

Nowhere near the national title hunt you say? Stanford finished 7th, 7th and 11th the last three years. That is at least "near" the hunt. Wisconsin was two hail marys away from playing for the title in 2011. That's at least a little close.

Geez, every pro-Stanford person throws out the Stanford-Oregon games the past 2 seasons. I have never seen a program get so much credit for winning one big game a year. Yes, I know the Pac 12 is tough, but the only reason NU fans look at Stanford and Wisconsin as teams we want to be like, is because NU has been so average the past decade.