Signed - OT Matt Farniok

Mavric

Steve Wiltfrong or whatever his name is put a CB prediction in for Iowa on Farniok AND Jackson.

Ugh. Ultimate choke job if that ends up happening

Who?

He is one of the head directors of recruiting on 247. 90% success rate in predictions. He doesn't really just guess. Often uses "sources" with his explanations. Idk I am just becoming a lot more worried about this one.

If we lose Farniok my feeling about this class goes down a lot. ESPECIALLY losing him to Iowa. And ESPECIALLY if Iowa takes Alaric Jackson from us too (which Wiltfong also predicted) ON TOP of the fact that they already took Noah Fant. I know we have some other solid pieces but OT is a position of huge need and losing big recruits to Iowa of all teams would be extremely disappointing.

To be honest I don't think he's ever been super impressed with this staff. I think he likes them but isn't over the top impressed or for some reason we just having had the "ah ha" moment for him. He's always been coy when talking about Nebraska so I always considered him the long shot and we were probably a back up for him. I think he's a good get so I hope someone else says something to turn him off and make him like us better.

And what do you base all of this off?? He's been down to Lincoln a number of times. I wouldn't quite say we are a back up

I think we're in as good of a spot as we can be.

He's visited here the most. Though the glass-half-empty reply would be several of those were on the way to visit Oklahoma and we happen to be on the way. And I have seen more than one recruiting guy bring up "if he's visited Nebraska so many times, why hasn't he committed there."

Generally, I think it was always his plan to take his time. And I have to think we're right at the top. But his mom's comments - and Iowa's good season - worry me. I won't be surprised if he picks the Hawkeyes.

• Fire 1

Steve Wiltfrong or whatever his name is put a CB prediction in for Iowa on Farniok AND Jackson.

Ugh. Ultimate choke job if that ends up happening

Who?

He is one of the head directors of recruiting on 247. 90% success rate in predictions. He doesn't really just guess. Often uses "sources" with his explanations. Idk I am just becoming a lot more worried about this one.

If we lose Farniok my feeling about this class goes down a lot. ESPECIALLY losing him to Iowa. And ESPECIALLY if Iowa takes Alaric Jackson from us too (which Wiltfong also predicted) ON TOP of the fact that they already took Noah Fant. I know we have some other solid pieces but OT is a position of huge need and losing big recruits to Iowa of all teams would be extremely disappointing.

I think we're in as good of a spot as we can be.

He's visited here the most. Though the glass-half-empty reply would be several of those were on the way to visit Oklahoma and we happen to be on the way. And I have seen more than one recruiting guy bring up "if he's visited Nebraska so many times, why hasn't he committed there."

Generally, I think it was always his plan to take his time. And I have to think we're right at the top. But his mom's comments - and Iowa's good season - worry me. I won't be surprised if he picks the Hawkeyes.

In regards to Iowa and the season they had, there is another side of that coin. Iowa has consistently had a good season every few years. That is how Ferentz got the contract he did. That and he was hand picked by Fry. His records have run in cycles. Let's just take a look at the last 11 seasons:

2005:7-5

2006:6-7

2007:6-6

2008:9-4

2009:11-2

2010:8-5

2011:7-6

2012:4-8

2013:8-5

2014:7-6

2015:12-2

Now granted, they may not dip down to the level of 2012, but I think they are a lot closer to their 2013 season. Now if Ferentz has done a good job selling them that he has fixed his issues with the up and down season, then it might have a lot of pull. I guess I'm just really hoping that this history is taken into account when making his decision.

It's like Iowa learned how to speak Latin and I'm Doc Holiday

.tombstone-tin-cup-o.gif

• Fire 1

I know Iowa fans that still aren't sold on Ferentz. I keep telling them they need to give him and extension and raise and they just roll their eyes.

Personally, I think this past year was just the perfect situation. They had a decent team and the schedule lined up just right.

Next year will be different.

I hope he's there forever

I think he may be ours to lose actually because I believe we can offer him almost immediate playing time with our lack of depth at OT. If he wants to go to a school that fits his major better and that is MSU or Iowa then that would be why we lose him. Both MSU and Iowa have two OTs committed I believe, we have zero and we have no one starting opposite of Nick Gates. I am looking at it from Husker glasses but also being a younger person I see an chance of little competition or a place where they have no starters is a place I want to play. Again looking at it with husker glasses, why he wouldn't come here is beyond me and it is his decision, but we have as much to offer as the others academics wise and we offer immediate playing time or closer to immediate playing time then the other schools.

Not sure about my underlined part here so correct me if I am wrong, that is why it is underlined....

I know Iowa fans that still aren't sold on Ferentz. I keep telling them they need to give him and extension and raise and they just roll their eyes.

Personally, I think this past year was just the perfect situation. They had a decent team and the schedule lined up just right.

Next year will be different.

This may work to our advantage. Hopefully this season bought Ferentz a ton more rope.

Man, I hope MSU and Iowa staffs were in other rooms and each took a turn. If they were all in the same room-- Oy.

Let's lock Matt up! Get this guy N!

I feel like this is getting overblown...

Here is what happened, Iowa or MSU(can't remember who was first) was visiting for however long, then the other team showed up towards the end of their visit and it ended up being a 15 minute overlap then the other team had their visit after....

Man, I hope MSU and Iowa staffs were in other rooms and each took a turn. If they were all in the same room-- Oy.

Let's lock Matt up! Get this guy N!

I feel like this is getting overblown...

Here is what happened, Iowa or MSU(can't remember who was first) was visiting for however long, then the other team showed up towards the end of their visit and it ended up being a 15 minute overlap then the other team had their visit after....

....and then he said "screw you guys, I'm going to Nebraska!".