DE Blake McClain [South Carolina - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Guys seriously. You think after hiding his decision from the world for all of townsite, he's going to run to FB and post about it?

Wait til tomorrow morning and we'll know.

Did you read it?

Pretty bright as day.

I'm gonna guess it's some contrived attempt to throw everyone off before a switcheroo tomorrow...

But that's the eternal optimist in me.... ***SIGH*** F@$# that guy.

"People on RSS are reporting that he will probably be signing with SC, but that might actually be a good thing for us."

This is one of the silliest things in recruiting. I wish it would stop, but it never will. Just b/c a guy chooses another school, the slighted fans come up with, "he's a bad egg, his grades weren't up to our standards, I heard he had a bad work ethic (not when we were recruiting him, but at the moment he chose another school."

That's not what I meant. It was a joke, saying that RSS is wrong most of the time, so them saying that he gonna pick SC might actually mean that he will pick us.

This one really is baffling

@Sean_Callahan: RT @GamecockCentral: Per @GCChrisClark 3-star DE Blake McClain has flipped to #Gamecocks and will sign with USC this morning.

I think this quote from his dad is pretty telling

"We're going to sign with the Gamecocks," Will McClain said."

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Article/Surprise-Blake-McClain-pulls-a-switch-will-sign-with-Gamecocks-175463

Always tough when you come in late on a kid... Its a bummer, but i wont knock him or his parents for staying close to home and yet still having the opportunity to play for a great team and program. Its a bummer, but i think the Huskers put on the full-court press on his OV, and maybe he just couldnt say no.

I think it is great that his parents want him to stay closer to home, but at the end of the day, i hope this was his choice and not his parents. I hope they shared what they would like, but let the decision be made by him... He has to play football at South Carolina, not them. Again, dont know what the conversations entailed, but i still wish him the best of luck. I wanted him, but can fully understand his choice and am not going to knock the kid.

I hope he does well.

I'm shocked, I didn't think this was going to happen w/o him visiting. He never took an OV here and there was speculation that he took an unofficial visit here, but I believe that statement was recanted by Blake himself. I don't know if he came here for just a game, but didn't interact with the coaches/staff or see the campus and counted that as an unofficial visit.

Glad to have him, we needed another SDE on the roster, now we'll have 3 next season, hopefully 4 if Wideman flips from FSU too.