Can Bo get it done

Can Bo get "it" done  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You are of course correct that a few successes will put some cold water on Bo's hot seat, much like how people don't get in an uproar over the other hothead coaches who I'm tired of naming. The problem, and the question at hand, is if Bo is capable of putting some of those personality glitches on ice, as they are one of the reasons why he doesn't win.

So when it's something good, the program is bigger than Bo. But when it comes to losing, it's Bo that doesn't win?

Has anyone ever said that when it's something good, the program did it, not Bo? ... it should be fairly straightforward. Everything Bo does, he does as a representative of NU. He can contribute to NU's prestige (though never so much that his successor won't have to work equally as hard to keep up), and he can tarnish it (though never so much that the school could never recover from).

Which one he's doing and in what amounts is not agreed upon, but the responsibility of his position shouldn't be especially controversial...

He is capable of relaxed, candid, communicative press conferences:

After that, I heard he punched a reporter.

Or he knew something was coming out later that day, one or the other.

EDIT, this is obviously after the game is it not? I was referring to the Monday press conference after UCLA. I'm Irish and I'm enjoying the day, you see.

Random thoughts.....how does anyone know what 99% of non Nebraska fans think? We didn't execute is used by approximately 100% of football coaches and represents everything from misreads to blown assignments on both sides of the ball. Oh, and Pelini is not on any hot seat.

Who do you think he means by we when he says "we didn't execute"?

It could mean just the players, or it could mean the whole team. I think he knows that maybe he could've put his players in a better position at some points during games we lose. There's something of an issue with consistency in how he says things. I wonder how he talks to the players post game and I wonder if he puts the blame more on himself than he does when talking to the media.

It certainly could, it sounds we agree that he needs some help with communication.

But the guy has been head coach for six years, and coaching for 20 under some pretty damn good coaches. I would have hoped he would have learned something on how to talk to the media from Carroll, Stoops, Miles, etc.....

I think it's ridiculous for someone to get into this profession and have a difficult time, or, a dislike for talking with the media. It comes with the job and that's pretty well obvious. Someone made the comment that Pelini probably would've been a much happier coach if he'd been an HC 50 years ago. That's probably true. Hell, even 20 years ago.

That said, there are still plenty of coaches out there that suck with the media, or, do very little to harbor any good will with many parts of the media. It baffles me that people still get frustrated with Bo about this. He is who he is and I'd rather him spend more time thinking about how to make the football team better than his media personality. Fair or not, the only reason people care is because he's done an above average job but hasn't hit the conference-champion-and-beyond level everybody wants. Sure, there are things I wish he was more communicative about, but if he hasn't changed that in six years then I'm certainly not holding my breath.

• Fire 1
  • 7 months later...