Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane

There's nothing unbelievable about this. There's a lot of f'ing water out there. It took two years or so to locate that Air France flight at the bottom and they had debris to go on. These guys have little more than their dicks in their hands to base a search from, so it's not a shock the plane isn't in the initial location.

Now while this is no doubt "proof" it didn't go down in the ocean to the tinfoil hatters, it really only means one thing. It's a big f'ing body of water and it's really hard to find things at the bottom, especially without a solid starting point. The end.

In Flight 447, some debris and a few bodies within five days. Atlantic sea bottom is deep water and extreme mountains. Indian ocean terrain was basically flat.

What an unbelievable story line this has become and it's really sad for the families of the people on the plane.

I also feel sorry for the people who are in charge of trying to find it. I honestly believe they are doing the best they can. They just absolutely have no information that would tell them where it went.

I was skeptical of this when they were talking about this elaborate mathematical process they went through and how it was so complicated the average person wouldn't understand it. My thoughts were, the more complicated it needed to be the more chance it was wrong.

Hopefully some day we will know what happened.

Well obviously the average Joe isn't going to understand how to mathematical decipher the Doppler effect, but it's the best information they had to go off of.

• 1 year later...

Well...I guess we can now say it wasn't kidnapped by terrorists and is being made into a nuclear bomb to destroy western civilization.

But we CAN say it was shot down by the U.S. military.

We can...

But, is that going to be because of the vast military industrial complex needing to use up weapons so they can sell more and in the process hopefully start a war where we can send billions of dollars of weapons?

Or.....is it Obama's successful attempt to shoot down the plane carrying the two people who know that he is actually born in Kenya and was sent here to destroy western civilization and who was trying to smuggle the documentation back into the US to prove it?

• 2 months later...

MH17 shot down by BUK missile from war-torn Ukraine

AFP 1 hour ago

Gilze-Rijen (Netherlands) (AFP) - Air crash investigators concluded Tuesday that Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 was shot down by a Russian-made BUK missile fired from war-torn eastern Ukraine last year killing all 298 people on board.

WTF? That doesn't even make sense. I wonder if some yahoo just took a pot shot at it in the sky? Or maybe thought it was a military transport?

AFP 1 hour ago

Gilze-Rijen (Netherlands) (AFP) - Air crash investigators concluded Tuesday that Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 was shot down by a Russian-made BUK missile fired from war-torn eastern Ukraine last year killing all 298 people on board.

LINK

WTF? That doesn't even make sense. I wonder if some yahoo just took a pot shot at it in the sky? Or maybe thought it was a military transport?

If I remember correctly the plane was flying over a no fly zone. Someone probably saw it and figured it was a military plane or a plane delivering weapons or some type of aid.

AFP 1 hour ago

Gilze-Rijen (Netherlands) (AFP) - Air crash investigators concluded Tuesday that Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 was shot down by a Russian-made BUK missile fired from war-torn eastern Ukraine last year killing all 298 people on board.LINK

If I remember correctly the plane was flying over a no fly zone. Someone probably saw it and figured it was a military plane or a plane delivering weapons or some type of aid.

There wasn't an official no fly zone, but several carriers were avaiiding the area. The US had also told it's domestica carries to avoid Crimea as well.

AFP 1 hour ago

Gilze-Rijen (Netherlands) (AFP) - Air crash investigators concluded Tuesday that Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 was shot down by a Russian-made BUK missile fired from war-torn eastern Ukraine last year killing all 298 people on board.LINK

There wasn't an official no fly zone, but several carriers were avaiiding the area. The US had also told it's domestica carries to avoid Crimea as well.

You are all confusing the planes in question. The OP was about Flight 370, the one shot down over Ukraine was MH17. Needless to say, Malaysian Airlines had a rough 2014.