Jamal Turner QB "experiment"

Darlington might not even be medically available this season, at least outside of an emergency.

Isn't it worrying to you that one man down and we're throwing a raw and untested redshirt freshman out there? How can preparing another option be a bad thing?

Jamal Turner isn't any more tested than Stanton if we're talking about quarterbacks with game time under their belt. Sure he's played WR, but whether it's him or Stanton under center after an injury to Armstrong, the d they're facing is still salty and coming hard, and neither will be "ready" for it. And that's to say nothing of the fact that a lot of people seem to think Stanton can win the 1 spot anyway, so why are we worried about how he handles things if that's true. I just think this is a weird thing to toss in when the biggest story this spring (and something I was really looking forward to) was a Armstrong/Stanton competition.

And I'd ask WHY exactly Nebraska is in a situation where there's really only two options at QB coming into a season, but I'm not interested in 387 more replies saying how negative I am.

You do understand that Nebraska cannot control everything that happens to it, creating situations that are less than optimal. Darlington would have had the opportunity to compete for the starting spot this spring but he suffered a nasty head injury, the third time he's been concussed. So we are now faced with just an Armstrong/Stanton battle for the starting spot, which is less than ideal but far from being under our control--we can't tell a high school to not play there best quarterback.

I'm thinking that the decision to practice Jamal at QB stems from (1) him being a QB out of high school and (2) having a different type of athleticism which could be beneficial when running formations like the wildcat. I don't think the master plan has him being the starting quarterback.

You do understand that Nebraska cannot control everything that happens to it, creating situations that are less than optimal. Darlington would have had the opportunity to compete for the starting spot this spring but he suffered a nasty head injury, the third time he's been concussed. So we are now faced with just an Armstrong/Stanton battle for the starting spot, which is less than ideal but far from being under our control--we can't tell a high school to not play there best quarterback.

That damn bastard Bo, he never should have been a man of his word and honored Darlington's scholarship, it's all about the rings.

Or, he should have kidnapped another top QB cuz we're Nebraska, we deserve it.

That damn bastard Bo, he never should have been a man of his word and honored Darlington's scholarship, it's all about the rings.

this is getting pretty old. would you at least tell us, as nebraska fans, what we do deserve? should we just appreciate that we have a coach?

This isn't the first time Bo has punted his QB recruiting, I seem to remember him being the only person on the planet thinking Bubba Starling wouldn't take several million dollars from the Royals and would rather be Taylor's backup for a few years.

this is getting pretty old. would you at least tell us, as nebraska fans, what we do deserve? should we just appreciate that we have a coach?

I agree, the entitled, it's still 1997 mentality is getting old.

I agree, the entitled, it's still 1997 mentality is getting old.

So is this straw man.

• Fire 1

This isn't the first time Bo has punted his QB recruiting, I seem to remember him being the only person on the planet thinking Bubba Starling wouldn't take several million dollars from the Royals and would rather be Taylor's backup for a few years.

Bo didn't punt his QB recruiting this time around, I don't know why you don't see that. We recruited a QB who got hurt after he committed to Nebraska. We had a QB.

I'm thinking that the decision to practice Jamal at QB stems from (1) him being a QB out of high school and (2) having a different type of athleticism which could be beneficial when running formations like the wildcat. I don't think the master plan has him being the starting quarterback.

i am tired of the Bo gadget play mentality....you fool with that stuff only after you have everything else in place.....and that damn sure isn't the case...this was suddenly a wet dream Bo had, otherwise he would have JT on the scout team as QB last season...he could at least have run the scout.

• Fire 1

i am tired of the Bo gadget play mentality....you fool with that stuff only after you have everything else in place.....and that damn sure isn't the case...this was suddenly a wet dream Bo had, otherwise he would have JT on the scout team as QB last season...he could at least have run the scout.

That's not the point I'm arguing. Believe me, I think that if we changed JT to WR he needs to stay as a WR.