Huskers vs. Baylor in NCAA Tournament

Clark Kellogg seems really high on Baylor as a sleeper.

Yeah, he had to get that in there at least twice.

Why shouldn't he??? This is pretty much the same team that ran through the NIT to the title and are again athletic as anyone. Their only "bad" loses are at Texas Tech and west Virginia (who will be in the NIT).

I agree. I wasn't saying he shouldn't. I was saying he felt pretty strongly about it.

The four games in San Antonio are

#6 Baylor vs. #11 Nebraska

#3 Creighton vs. #14 Louisiana Lafayette

#3 Iowa State vs. #14 North Carolina Central

#6 North Carolina vs. #11 Providence

Having North Carolina in there is interesting but I'm guessing the powers that be will want Creighton to be the prime time game. Thus, the Huskers would be the late afternoon game. That's my guess.

Of course, they could also have other prime time games that are more appealing so they might put Creighton earlier to get them by themselves which would mean the Huskers would likely play the first game of the day.

IF Baylor gets running and gunning, I have nightmares about a repeat of the games at Creighton and at Michigan and at Ohio St........

BUT IF we can defend and they aren't hitting 3's, it could be a ball game.

So in one scenario, they run us out of the gym; in another, it's an ugly slugfest and we compete well. (a lot depends on whether or not the officials allow the over-the-back offensive rebounds)

(btw........if the Huskers would happen to win and then happen to catch Creighton shooting as poorly as they did last night.................whew............the Creighton Med Center better call in all available personal for an overload of depressions/accidents/suicides/ etc.)

I would think we might get a later tip time just due to Baylor very close to San Antonio, so you would think they would make that later so more people make it. This would the chance to sell out more of the session.

FYI:

Robin Washut ‏@RobinWashut 18m

#Nebrasketball has already presold its ticket allotment for each potential first/second/third NCAA Tournament site.

Brian Rosenthal ‏@HuskerExtraBR 2m

In case you're wondering, it's about a 16-17 hour drive to San Antonio. (From Neb)

Unbelievable that Creighton and Nebraska could meet in the second round... Love it. GBR

Then Wisconsin maybe?

Note to self: be off the grid on Friday to prevent a Husker loss

Sweet Nolte profile pic. +1'd.

So skipping class if the game is indeed at 10 AM as Moiraine said on the other thread...

We're going to need Shields and Petteway to be clicking on all cylinders and our shooters to be hot to win this one. Kenpom has them at the #7 offense in the nation.

That being said, I don't know what the hell a Kenpom is...

If I heard correctly yesterday a KenPom is a system developed to rate teams using a wider degree of factors. It even allows for key player injuries during games to get a better handle on a teams strength.

Sigh. The one (and only (so far)) year that I could be in the same city for a weekend to watch both the Huskers and Tar Heels, and I'm in another country.

I don't like having Creighton in our bracket just because I don't want them looking ahead to it. Baylor will be tough, and a mismatch at that. Hope we can play good D, shoot well, and get the W.